Top 25 Betting Recap - Week 2
September 10, 2013
By Mike Rose
New Sportsbook.com customers: Make your 1st bet, get your 2nd bet free, 100%, winnings paid in cash.
Already have an account? Click here to view new Exclusive Rewards!
Editor's Note: Don't miss out on Mike Rose's college football selections on VegasInsider.com this season. Click to win!
Week 2 of the 2013 college football betting season is in the books, and today, we're going to take a look at each of the Top 25 teams in the land and see how they fared from a perspective against the spread (ATS) in their first go at it of the year.
(Results in parentheses represent SU and ATS Results)
1) Alabama (Bye)
Nick Saban has an extra week to prep for A&M.
2) Ohio State (W-W vs. San Diego State 42-7)
Braxton Miller went down with a sprained knee and sat out basically this whole game. Problems could be ahead.
3) Oregon (W-W vs. Virginia 59-10)
It's not just the 125 points scored for Oregon, but the 13 allowed why this team is 2-0 ATS against lousy competition.
4) Stanford (W-L vs. San Jose State 34-13)
The Cardinal almost hit the backdoor. They were a lot more dominating than a 21-point victory against SJSU suggests.
5) Clemson (W-L vs. South Carolina State 52-13)
We should have expected the failed cover against an FCS school after beating Georgia the prior week.
6) South Carolina (L-L vs. Georgia 41-30)
The defense really let the Gamecocks down, and that might take them out of the SEC title race.
7) Texas A&M (W-W vs. Sam Houston State 65-28)
Johnny Football threw for 426 yards and three TDs on the eve of the Alabama game.
8) Louisville (W-W vs. Eastern Kentucky 44-7)
More stat-padding for the Ville’s Teddy Bridgewater.
9) Florida (L-L vs. Miami 21-16)
When you turn the ball over four times in the red zone, you're going to get beaten by good teams.
10) Florida State (Bye)
FSU a big winner with Miami sticking up for the ACC.
11) LSU (W-W vs. UAB 56-17)
The Bayou Bengals were the biggest favorites of the week at -34.5 and looked the part.
12) Georgia (W-W vs. South Carolina 41-30)
Head Coach Mark Richt at least doesn't have to fear for his job after avoiding a 0-2 start.
13) Notre Dame (L-L vs. Michigan 41-30)
The nation's longest regular season winning streak ended at 13 games.
14) Oklahoma State(W-L vs. UTSA 56-35)
The Pokes let the Roadrunners hit the backdoor, but at least they managed 56 points and looked a lot like their old selves this week.
15) Oklahoma (W-L vs. West Virginia 16-7)
Yep, the offense was as ugly in this game as 16-7 suggests.
16) Texas (L-L vs. BYU 40-21)
Goodness gracious! Allowing 550 rushing yards caused Mack Brown to fire his DC.
17) Michigan (W-W vs. Notre Dame 41-30)
Gardner, Gallon look legit for Big Blue.
18) UCLA (Bye)
Next week's game against Nebraska is the equivalent of a 9)00 AM start.
19) Nebraska (W-W vs. Southern Miss 56-13)
The Huskers kill SMS for a cover for the second straight season.
20) Northwestern (W-W vs. Syracuse 48-27)
Even without Venric Mark, the Wildcats still dropped 48 on the 'Cuse.
21) Wisconsin (W-W vs. Tennessee Tech 48-0)
The Badgers have outscored their foes 93-0 this year, but they haven't played anyone either.
22) USC (L-L vs. Washington State 10-7)
All three service academies threw for more yards this past week than USC did. Fi-re Kif-fin!
23) Washington (Bye)
U-Dub had better be ready for a tricky trip to Champaign.
24) Miami (W-W vs. Florida 21-16)
The Canes snared their biggest win since the NCAA probe began.
25) TCU (W-L vs. Southeastern Louisiana 38-17)
Up just 17-14 at HT, the Horned Frogs pulled away a bit in the second half without Casey Pachall, who broke his arm in the win.