Top 25 Betting Recap - Week 8
October 21, 2013
By Mike Rose
Editor's Note: Don't miss out on Mike Rose's college football selections on VegasInsider.com this season. Click to win!
Week 8 of the 2013 NCAA football betting season is in the books, and we're going to take a look at each of the Top 25 teams in the land and see how they did from an ATS perspective this past week.
(Results in parentheses represent SU Result-ATS Result)
1) Alabama (W-W vs. Arkansas 52-0)
The Tide are rolling, and they have to try to not have a letdown next week against Tennessee with LSU on deck.
2) Oregon (W-L vs. Washington State 62-38)
Connor Halliday threw the ball 89 times and had four TDs and four picks in a game he never had a chance in against the Ducks.
3) Clemson (L-L vs. Florida State 51-14)
No one in orange and purple saw Clemson needing a TD with less than 30 seconds left in the game to come within five TDs of the Noles.
4) Ohio State (W-L vs. Iowa 34-24)
The Buckeyes didn't do themselves any favors by struggling with Iowa.
5) Florida State (W-W vs. Clemson 51-14)
If you didn't believe in Jameis Winston and the Seminoles before, you sure as heck do now!
6) LSU (L-L vs. Ole Miss 27-24)
This was only the beginning of the issues for the SEC this week. The Bayou Bengals are finished in the National Championship race and the SEC title race.
7) Texas A&M (L-L vs. Auburn 45-41)
We warned that the Aggies were going to get bitten at some point with their bad defense. That's exactly what happened on Saturday!
8) Louisville (L-L vs. UCF 38-35)
If you can't hang onto a 28-7 lead against an unranked UCF team at home on homecoming, you don't deserve to be in the National Championship discussion.
9) UCLA (L-L vs. Stanford 24-10)
No one figured that UCLA was only going to have 266 yards against Stanford.
10) Miami (W-L vs. North Carolina 27-23)
The Canes turned the ball over a ton against UNC, but the ground game ultimately won it and put "The U" on the verge of the Top 5.
11) South Carolina (L-L vs. Tennessee 23-21)
A last second field goal has probably taken the Gamecocks out of the SEC Championship picture.
12) Baylor (W-W vs. Iowa State 71-7)
The Bears outdid Iowa State by over 500 yards and ultimately are now right on the verge of the Top 5 in the land.
13) Stanford (W-W vs. UCLA 24-10)
The Cardinal had a big week this week, as they got all the way back up to 7th in the AP Poll thanks to the win over UCLA and all of the Top 10 losses.
14) Missouri (W-W vs. Florida 36-17)
The 'Zou ranked in the Top 5 in the land? Believe it after the Tigers beat UF down on Saturday.
15) Georgia (L-L vs. Vanderbilt 31-27)
Losing to Clemson is one thing. Losing to Mizzou at home is another. Losing again against Vandy, though? That could see Head Coach Mark Richt put on a very hot seat.
16) Texas Tech (W-W vs. West Virginia 37-27)
It wasn't easy, but the Red Raiders got the job done against WVU on the road to move into the Top 10.
17) Fresno State (W-L vs. UNLV 38-14)
With all of the carnage on Saturday, the Bulldogs have to be getting a lot closer to the BCS.
18) Oklahoma (W-L vs. Kansas 34-19)
The Sooners didn't look good on Saturday, but they did get a win, which is more than a lot can say.
19) Virginia Tech (Bye)
Nothing like not playing and moving up four spots in the AP Poll as a result.
20) Washington (L-L vs. Arizona State 53-24)
Yuck. That's three straight bad losses for the Huskies, and Head Coach Steve Sarkisian is going to have some explaining to do in Seattle.
21) Oklahoma State (W-W vs. TCU 24-10)
The Cowboys had a great defensive game, but their offense still perplexes us after another bad showing.
22) Florida (L-L vs. Missouri 36-17)
For the second straight game, opposing fans were doing the Gator Chomp at the end of a blowout loss.
23) Northern Illinois (W-W vs. Central Michigan 38-17)
The Huskies put 24 on the board in the second half to put away the Chippies.
24) Auburn (W-W vs. Texas A&M 45-41)
Head Coach Gus Malzahn has the biggest win of his coaching career after finding a way to beat A&M in front of the 12th Man.
25) Wisconsin (W-W vs. Illinois 56-32)
The Badgers dropping 56 points isn't necessarily a show of how good their offense is. It's more of an indictment of how bad the Illini are.
With a VI Gold Membership, you can SAVE 10%
off a Live Odds subscription, SAVE 20%
off Daily Pick packages, and receive access to up to 1,000
Member Plays each month!