Last Updated Mar 24, 2022, 7:32 PM
Arkansas Razorbacks vs. Gonzaga Bulldogs Picks, Predictions, Odds
Sports Betting Expert
The Arkansas Razorbacks (27-8) of the Southeastern Conference (SEC) will meet the Gonzaga Bulldogs (28-3) of the West Coast Conference (WCC) in Sweet Sixteen action in the NCAA Tournament. Tip-off is scheduled for Thursday at 7:09 p.m. ET at the Chase Center in San Francisco, Calif., and the game can be viewed on CBS.
Gonzaga 79, Arkansas 71
Arkansas +9.5 (-110)
Under 155 (-109)
MARCH MADNESS BETTING RESOURCES
- How to Bet on March Madness
- NCAA Tournament Sleeper Teams
- NCAA Tournament Contenders to Fade
- NCAA Tournament Contenders to Back
- NCAA Tournament Most Outstanding Player Picks
- NCAA Tournament Efficiency Ratings
- Where to Bet on the NCAA Tournament?
Betting On The NCAA Tournament
Best March Madness Betting Sites:
Where to bet on March Madness:
ARKANSAS RAZORBACKS vs. GONZAGA BULLDOGS PREDICTIONS
It hasn't been pretty, but the Razorbacks of Arkansas have bounced Vermont and New Mexico State to get into the Sweet Sixteen. The Razorbacks edged the 13-seed Vermont by a 75-71 score as 4.5-point favorites, hitting 43% (24-of-56) from the field, including 33% (7-of-21) from behind the 3-point line. The good news is that Arkansas turned it over just five times while outrebounding the Catamounts 35-31. The Hogs pushed past New Mexico State 53-48 despite the fact they shot just 27% (14-of-51), including a dismal 19% (3-of-16) from behind the arc. NMSU also held a plus-3 rebounding margin.
The Bulldogs of Gonzaga have been much more impressive, shaking off a slow first half to top Georgia State 93-72 in the first round, just missing out on a 22.5-point cover as the OVER cashed. Gonzaga scratched and clawed past Memphis in an 82-78 game, coming nowhere near covering a 9.5-point number as the OVER cashed again. The Zags were a very efficient 52% (30-of-58) from the field, with a 33% (9-of-27) number from downtown, while turning it over just five times against the Tigers.
ARKANSAS RAZORBACKS vs. GONZAGA BULLDOGS BETTING ODDS
ARKANSAS RAZORBACKS vs. GONZAGA BULLDOGS BETTING RESOURCES
- Date: Thursday, March 24, 2022
- Matchup: No. 4 vs. No. 1
- Region: West
- Venue: Chase Center
- Location: San Francisco, Calif.
- TV-Time: CBS - 7:09 p.m. ET
- Viewable Brackets & Odds
- Team Trends & NCAA Records
- March Madness History
- East Region Breakdown
- Midwest Region Breakdown
- South Region Breakdown
- West Region Breakdown
ARKANSAS RAZORBACKS BETTING ANALYSIS
Straight Up - SU, Against the Spread - ATS, Over-Under (O/U)
- SU: 27-8
- ATS: 20-14-1
- O/U: 21-14
Arkansas has obviously won each of its two NCAA Tournament games so far, but the margin of victory is just 4.5 PPG, and it is 0-2 ATS, and 0-3 ATS in the past three if you toss in its loss to Texas A&M in the SEC Tournament. The Razorbacks are 0-4 ATS in the past four NCAA Tournament games overall.
The Razorbacks are still 14-5-1 ATS in the past 20 games overall, while going 9-3-1 ATS in the past 13 after a straight-up win and 9-4-1 ATS in the past 14 games against teams with a winning overall record. They're still just 1-5 ATS in the past six neutral-site games, however.
As far as totals are concerned, the Razorbacks have cashed the OVER in seven of the past eight games overall, while going 5-1 in the past six neutral-site affairs. The OVER is 13-5 in the previous 18 as an underdog, too, while the UNDER is 6-2 in the past eight NCAA Tournament outings. The UNDER is 4-1 in the past five neutral-site games as an underdog, too.
GONZAGA BULLDOGS BETTING ANALYSIS
Straight Up - SU, Against the Spread - ATS, Over-Under (O/U)
- SU: 28-3
- ATS: 14-14-3
- O/U: 14-17
The Bulldogs have also failed to cover their two NCAA Tournament games, and they're on a prolonged cold stretch against the number, going 0-3-1 ATS in the postseason, and 1-6-2 ATS across the past nine games overall.
Gonzaga has failed to cover its past four NCAA Tournament games overall, while going 0-3-1 ATS in the past four neutral-site affairs. They're also 0-4-1 ATS in the past five as a favorite, while going 0-4-1 ATS in the past five against winning teams, too.
For totals, the OVER has connected in five of the past seven neutral-site games, while going 5-2 in the past seven neutral-site games as a favorite, too. The OVER is 4-1 in the past five after a straight-up win, and 5-2 in the previous seven following a non-cover.
INSIDE THE STATS - ARKANSAS RAZORBACKS
- Record: 27-8
- PS/G: 76.2 (48th)
- PA/G: 68.0 (142nd)
INSIDE THE STATS - GONZAGA BULLDOGS
- Record: 28-3
- PS/G: 87.8 (1st)
- PA/G: 66.0 (75th)
KEY PLAYERS TO WATCH
- ARK: JD Notae - G (18.9 PPG, 4.4 RPG, 3.6 APG, 2.2 SPG, 31.9 3P%)
- ARK: Stanley Umude - G (11.7 PPG, 4.6 RPG, 1.1 SPG, 1.0 APG, 45.6 FG%)
- ZAGS: Chet Holmgren - C (14.4 PPG, 9.7 RPG, 3.6 BPG, 1.9 APG, 61.6 FG%)
- ZAGS: Drew Timme - G (17.6 PPG, 6.4 RPG, 2.7 APG, 0.9 BPG, 58.3 FG%)
ARKANSAS RAZORBACKS vs. GONZAGA BULLDOGS BETTING CONCLUSION
These teams have met just one time, with Gonzaga topping Arkansas 91-81 on Nov. 27, 2013 in the Maui Invitationals, covering a seven-point number as the OVER cashed. The game was nine years ago, so obviously none of the players here were involved, nor were a majority of those on the coaching staffs, but it's still worth noting nonetheless.
Neither side has been very hot against the number lately, but it's more of a longer term thing for Gonzaga. It's winning, but not by a lot. Arkansas has struggled slightly in the postseason, but overall the Razorbacks have been red-hot against the number. Arkansas isn't going to pull off the upset and bounce Gonzaga here, but look for the Razorbacks to keep it within single digits as the UNDER cashes here.
MARCH MADNESS PICK RESOURCES
ARKANSAS RAZORBACKS vs. GONZAGA BULLDOGS BETTING TRENDS
- Arkansas is 14-5-1 ATS in the past 20 games overall.
- Arkansas is 9-4-1 ATS in the past 14 vs. winning teams.
- Arkansas is 4-0 ATS in the past four as an underdog.
- Arkansas is 1-5 ATS in the past six neutral-site games.
- Arkansas is 0-4 ATS in the past four NCAA Tournament games.
- Gonzaga is 0-4-1 ATS in the past five games overall.
- Gonzaga is 0-4 ATS in the past four NCAA Tournament games.
- Gonzaga is 0-4-1 ATS in the past five vs. winning teams.
- The OVER is 7-1 in the past eight games for Arkansas.
- The OVER is 13-5 in the past 18 as an underdog for Arkansas.
- The UNDER is 6-2 in the past eight NCAA Tournament games for Arkansas.
- The OVER is 5-2 in the past seven neutral-site games for Gonzaga.