Last Updated Aug 30, 2021, 9:52 AM
Tech Trends - Week 6
Don't miss out on expert College Football selections from Bruce Marshall this season on VegasInsider.com. Click to win!
Week 6 of the College Football season kicks off on Thursday, Oct. 8 and we've identified betting trends and angles for key matchups between FBS and FCS matchups.
We also have "Tech Edge" leans on the side or total for each game too.
Straight Up (SU), Against the Spread (ATS), Over-Under (O/U)
Thursday, Oct. 8
TULANE at HOUSTON (ESPN, 7:30 p.m.)
- Houston hopes to play after three postponements!
- Cougars were 0-2 as chalk LY for Holgorsen.
- Tulane has covered 3 of 4 meetings since head coach Willie Fritz arrived in 2016.
- Fritz on 11-6 spread uptick.
Tech Edge: Tulane, based on team trends.
Friday, Oct. 9
LOUISVILLE at GEORGIA TECH (ESPN, 7:00 p.m.)
- Louisville is 4-1 as chalk for Satterfield since mid 2019.
- Also 14-4-1 as chalk since late 2017 at previous gig - App State.
- After recent spread losses, head coach Geoff Collins struggling
- Jackets just 4-10-1 vs. number since arriving at GT in 2019.
Tech Edge: Louisville, based on team trends.
Saturday, Oct. 10
MISSISSIPPI STATE at KENTUCKY (SEC, 7:30 p.m.)
- Rebels coach Mike Leach made bright debut at Miss State.
- Remember he was only 4-11 ATS his previous 15 vs. line at Wazzu.
- Also, he lost last week vs. Arkansas.
- Leach though is 15-8 as an underdog last 23 in role with WSU & MSU.
- Home team has won and covered last five meetings.
- Mark Stoops was 6-2 vs. points at Lexington in 2019 before last week’s loss to Ole Miss.
Tech Edge: Slight to Kentucky, based on series home trends.
DUKE at SYRACUSE (ACC, 12:30 p.m.)
- Head coach David Cutcliffe lost this game 49-6 to ‘Cuse LY.
- One of his worst efforts with Duke.
- Cutcliffe now on 9-15-2 ATS skid.
Tech Edge: Syracuse, based on recent Duke woes.
PITT at BOSTON COLLEGE (ACC, 4:00 p.m.)
- Panthers were 4-1 vs. line as visitor in 2019.
- BC 2-0 as dog for Hafley, 16-5-1 as short since 2017.
- Last year’s meeting was first since 2004 when both still in Big East!
Tech Edge: Slight to Boston College, if underdog, based on extended trends.
NC STATE at VIRGINIA (ACC, 12:00 p.m.)
- Even after win at Pitt, NCS 3-11 spread skid since early 2019.
- Wolfpack also no covers eight of last nine away from home.
Tech Edge: Virginia, based on NCS woes.
EAST CAROLINA at SOUTH FLORIDA (ESPN+, 7:00 p.m.)
- USF has won last five outright in series and 4-1-1 last six vs. line against ECU.
- But Bulls only 4-8 vs. spread last 12 at Tampa.
- Note Pirates on 6-2 uptick as underdog since mid 2019 for coach Mike Houston.
Tech Edge: Slight to East Carolina, based on recent team trends.
MIAMI-FL. at CLEMSON (ABC, 7:30 p.m.)
- Canes hot 3-0 SU and vs. line to begin 2020.
- Note Dabo has won last two vs. Miami by combined 96-3 score (2015 & 2017 ACC title game).
- Though Clemson has failed to cover mountainous numbers first three this season, Dabo was 11-4 vs. line laying mostly big points last year.
- And was 19-5-1 vs. spread last 25 entering this season.
- Dabo had also covered seven straight as ACC host before non-cover vs. Virginia.
Tech Edge: Slight to Clemson, based on Dabo trends.
VIRGINIA TECH at NORTH CAROLINA (ABC, 12:00 p.m.)
- UNC coach Mack Brown 5-0 SU, 4-1 vs. line last five since late 2019.
- Tar Heels have lost last four SU in series though it took 6 OTs last season.
- V-Tech head coach Justin Fuente 4-0 as dog with Hokies in 2019.
Tech Edge: Slight to Virginia Tech, based on team and series trends.
TENNESSEE at GEORGIA (CBS, 3:30 p.m.)
- Vols on an 8-game SU win streak (and 8-2 last ten vs. line).
- UT has lost last 3 SU vs. Georgia and not closer than 26 in any of those games.
- Jeremy Pruitt has covered five straight as 'dog for Vols.
- Dawgs just 1-5 as Athens chalk in 2019 before win over Auburn last week.
Tech Edge: Tennessee, based on recent trends.
OKLAHOMA vs. TEXAS at Dallas (FOX, 12:00 p.m.)
- UT coach Tom Herman 3-0 vs. line in reg season vs. Oklahoma.
- He’s 16-4 as a dog since 2015 at Houston.
- Longhorns have covered six straight in reg season vs. Sooners.
- OU just 10-18-1 last 29 on board.
Tech Edge: Texas, based on team and series trends.
TEXAS TECH at IOWA STATE (ABC, 3:30 p.m.)
- Matt Campbell’s ISU 4-11 last 15 as chalk.
- Campbell 1-3 vs. line last four after facing OU, but is 4-0 SU and vs. line against Texas Tech.
- Coach Matt Wells just 3-5 as dog with Red Raiders.
Tech Edge: Iowa State, based on series trends.
ALABAMA at OLE MISS (ESPN, 6:00 p.m.)
- Nick Saban is 20-0 SU against former assistants.
- Lane Kiffin 1-1 vs. line with Rebs after 10-4 mark last year vs. spread at FAU.
- Saban 62 PPG last 3 vs. Ole Miss, though only 2-1 vs. line those games.
- 'Bams just 5-7 last 12 as SEC visiting chalk.
- Rebs were 5-1-1 as 'dog last year for Matt Luke and 1-1 in role thus far with Kiffin.
Tech Edge: Slight to Ole Miss, based on team trends.
ARKANSAS at AUBURN (SEC, 4:00 p.m.)
- Auburn coach Gus Malzahn has won and covered last four in this special rivalry (for him).
- All of those wins by 31 or more.
- Malzahn 8-3 last 11 as reg season chalk.
Tech Edge: Auburn, based on series trends.
MISSOURI at LSU (ESPN, 9:00 p.m.)
- Even in championship 2019 season, LSU only 2-2 as Baton Rouge SEC chalk, now 2-4 last six in role.
- Tigers coach Eli Drinkwitz now 4-1 as dog (3-0 App, 1-0 Mizzou) since last year at App State, and 10-6 overall vs. spread.
- This is the first meeting since 2016.
Tech Edge: Slight to Mizzou, based on team trends.
FLORIDA at TEXAS A&M (ESPN, 12:00 p.m.)
- After covering 13 of his first 16 with Aggies, head coach Jimbo Fisher has now dropped 8 of last 12 on board with A&M.
- Dan Mullen, meanwhile, is 6-2 vs. spread as SEC visitor since taking over Gators in 2018.
Tech Edge: Florida, based on team trends.
KANSAS STATE at TCU (FOX, 4:00 p.m.)
- Horned Frogs are 5-15-1 as Fort Worth chalk since 2016, and have lost and failed to cover 4 of last 5 vs. K-State.
- Wildcats coach Chris Klieman 7-2 as 'dog since 2019 with Cats.
- K-State Now 22-7 as dog since 2016 dating to the last years of the Bill Snyder era.
Tech Edge: Kansas State, based on team and series trends.
SOUTH CAROLINA at VANDERBILT (SEC, 12:00 p.m.)
- Since arriving in Columbia, coach Will Muschamp has owned Vandy, winning and covering all four with SC vs. Dores.
- Vandy coach Derek Mason 4-11 spread slump since late 2018.
Tech Edge: South Carolina, based on series trends.
TEXAS STATE at TROY (ESPN+, 3:30 p.m.)
- Much-improved Texas State has been more active than most teams and improving vs. number (3-1), also has covered last four as dog since late 2019.
- Troy on 5-11 reg season spread skid (5-9 for Lindsey) though Trojans have won and covered last three in series.
Tech Edge: Texas State, based on recent trends.
ULM at LIBERTY (ESPNU, 12:00 p.m.)
- Things not going well at ULM, 0-4 SU and1 1-3 vs. line, now 9-20 vs. points since late 2017 for coach Matt Viator.
Tech Edge: Liberty, based on team trends.
UTSA at BYU (ESPN2, 2:30 p.m.)
- Note UTSA has covered 7 of last 8 as dog since mid 2019.
- Coach Kalani Sitake off quickly in 2020 at 3-0 for BYU but remember just 4-9 vs. line last season.
Tech Edge: UTSA, based on team trends.
FLORIDA ATLANTIC at SOUTHERN MISS (Stadium, 4:00 p.m.)
- FAU finally made debut on Oct. 3 after 10-4 vs. line for Lane Kiffin last year.
- Though after non-cover vs. Charlotte, coach Willie Taggart just 8-14-1 vs. spread since 2018 at FSU and now FAU.
- USM won at UNT last week, breaking six-game SU and spread skid.
Tech Edge: FAU, based on recent trends.
TEMPLE at NAVY (CBSSN, 6:00 p.m.)
- Owls were 3-0 SU, 2-0-1 vs. line against Mids from 2016-18.
- Note Navy 3-0-1 vs. line last four years after facing Air Force and has covered 6 of last 7 in Annapolis.
- Owls were 8-5 vs. line for coach Rod Carey LY but only 2-4 outside of Philly and yet to play in 2020!
Tech Edge: Slight to Navy, based on team trends.
MTSU at FIU (ESPNU, 4:00 p.m.)
- Home side has covered last four in this series.
- Brent Stockstill, however, is 8-5 vs. line last 13 as visitor (1-1 in 2020) for MT.
- FIU coach Butch Davis only 2-5 as chalk since last season.
Tech Edge: Slight to Florida International, based on series home trends.
UTEP at LA TECH (ESPN2, 7:30 p.m.)
- UTEP 3-1 SU (2-2 vs. line), taking advantage of soft early slate.
- Remember Miners were 10-25-1 vs. spread previous three seasons.
- Road team has also covered last four in series.
- Skip Holtz was 3-7 as Ruston chalk in 2017-18 but 3-2 in role LY.
Tech Edge: Slight to Louisiana Tech, based on extended trends.
FLORIDA STATE at NOTRE DAME (NBC, 7:30 p.m.)
- Noles skidding 13-26-1 vs. line since 2017 (0-2 TY).
- Also 4-10 as underdog since 2017.
- Irish 6-3 vs. spread at South Bend since 2019, also on 6-1 uptick vs. points.
Tech Edge: Notre Dame, based on recent trends.
CHARLOTTE at NORTH TEXAS (ESPNU, 8:00 p.m.)
- UNT on 5-19 skid last 24 vs. spread since mid 2018.
- 49ers however only 3-5 vs. spread last eight away from home.
Tech Edge: Slight to Charlotte, based on recent UNT negatives.
MARSHALL at WESTERN KENTUCKY (Stadium, 7:30 p.m.)
- Series has slanted to WKU, which has covered last six meetings.
- Though Hilltoppers on 0-4-1 spread skid since late 2019.
- Herd is 11-4 last 15 as dog.
Tech Edge: Western Kentucky, based on series trends.
Daily Newsletter - Sign Up Today!