Last Updated Nov 16, 2021, 7:00 PM
Tech Trends - Week 12
Don't miss out on expert College Football selections from Bruce Marshall this season on VegasInsider.com. Click to win!
Week 12 of the College Football season kicks off on Tuesday, November 16 and concludes on Saturday, November 20.
We've identified betting trends and angles for key matchups between FBS squads.
We also have "Tech Edge" leans on the side or total for each game too.
Straight Up (SU), Against the Spread (ATS), Over-Under (O/U)
Tuesday, Nov. 16
TOLEDO at OHIO (ESPN+, 7:00 p.m.)
- Rockets a home-road in reverse lately, better spread success away (6-1 last seven).
- Bobcats making a bit of noise for Albin, with covers in 5 of last 6 after very slow start.
- Both have turned around extended “under” strings in 2021 with recent “overs” (Toledo was “under” 6 in a row but “over last two, Ohio “over” five in a row but “over” last three).
Tech Edge: Slight to “over” and Ohio, based on recent “totals” and team trends.
WESTERN MICHIGAN at EASTERN MICHIGAN (ESPN2, 7:30 p.m.)
- Eagles 4-0-1 vs. line last five meetings, but just 3-7 last 10 vs. spread at Ypsilanti.
- Broncos laboring a bit only 1-4-1 last six vs. spread this season.
Tech Edge: Slight to EMU, based on series trends.
BOWLING GREEN at MIAMI-OHIO (ESPNU, 8:00 p.m.)
- Falcs have lost altitude since quick start, 1-5 SU last six this season and 2-3 vs. line last five after covers in first five this season.
- BGSU now “over” five in a row in 2021.
- RedHawks 4-2 SU last five this season.
Tech Edge: Slight to Miami-OH, based on recent trends.
Wednesday, Nov. 17
CENTRAL MICHIGAN at BALL STATE (ESPNU, 7:00 p.m.)
- Road team has covered five straight in series.
- McElwain stabilizing a bit after 4-game spread slump, has covered 3 of last 4 this season, also working on three “overs” in a row after fireworks vs. Kent State.
- Cards working on three straight spread L results.
Tech Edge: Slight to “over” and CMU, based on “totals” and recent trends.
NORTHERN ILLINOIS at BUFFALO (ESPN2, 7:00 p.m.)
- Huskies 5-3 vs. spread last eight away.
- Bulls now on 1-5-2 spread skid after latest big loss to Miami-OH.
Tech Edge: NIU, based on recent Buffalo woes.
Thursday, Nov. 18
LOUISVILLE at DUKE (ESPN, 7:30 p.m.)
- Cutcliffe fading again late, no covers last four or five of last six this season. Also “under” 4-2 last six.
- Duke now 1-9 vs. line in last four games of season since 2019.
Tech Edge: ‘Ville, based on recent Duke woes.
Friday, Nov. 19
SOUTHERN MISS at LOUISIANA TECH (CBSSN, 8:00 p.m.)
- Bulldogs 2-0-1 vs. line last three meetings.
- Golden Eagles finally got their first cover vs. an FBS foe last week (UTSA!) after dropping its first eight vs. the line vs. teams not named Grambling.
- So. Miss “under” 8-2 this season.
Tech Edge: Slight to La Tech and "under," based on team and "totals" trends.
AIR FORCE at NEVADA (FS1, 9:00 p.m.)
- Falcs 4-0 SU and vs. line as visitor this season (note Army game was a neutral site at Arlington), and Force is 20-10-1 as dog since 2014.
- Troy Calhoun also 10-3 “under” since late 2020.
- Pack 9-3 vs. spread last 12 in Reno for Jay Norvell.
Tech Edge: Slight to Air Force and “under,” based on team and “totals” trends.
ARIZONA at WASHINGTON STATE (Pac-12, 9:00 p.m.)
- Cats have actually covered last four this season and are 3-1 vs. spread away from Tucson in 2021.
- Wazzu's recent 6-game cover streak ended at Oregon (though some might have gotten a spread push out of the 38-24 scoreline in Eugene).
Tech Edge: Slight to WSU, based on recent trends.
MEMPHIS at HOUSTON (ESPN2, 9:00 p.m.)
- Recent series all Tigers, won last five and covered last six meetings.
- Though Memphis 0-8 vs. spread as visitor under Silverfield (counts Ark State in Sept as a loss).
- Holgorsen however just 6-6 vs. line last 12 on board.
Tech Edge: Slight to Houston, based on Memphis road woes.
SAN DIEGO STATE at UNLV (CBSSN, 11:30 p.m.)
- Aztecs have covered 4 of last 6 meetings. SDSU also 5-1 “under” last six as visitor.
- Rebs finally have a home win at Allegiant Stadium after Hawaii success last week, but still just 1-7 SU, 1-6-1 vs. line in Allegiant Stadium (counts EWU as a loss).
Tech Edge: Slight to SDSU, based on team trends.
Saturday, Nov. 20
FLORIDA ATLANTIC at WESTERN KENTUCKY (Stadium, 12:00 p.m.)
- Willie Taggart wobbling, no covers last 3 or 4 of last 5 this season for Owls.
- FAU also “under” 14-5 for Taggart since he arrived LY, though WKU is “over” 7-3 this season.
- Tops have also won last 5 SU, covering last 3 and 4 of those 5, after Rice romp.
Tech Edge: WKU, based on recent trends.
FLORIDA STATE at BOSTON COLLEGE (ACCN, 12:00 p.m.)
- Teams didn’t meet last season but Noles had won and covered 4 of last 5 meetings.
- After GT win, BC however has now won and covered 2 in a row after four straight Ls, also a five-game “under” streak was snapped vs. Yellow Jackets.
- Hafley has also covered 4 of last 5 at home.
- Norvell 2-5 vs. spread last seven as visitor.
Tech Edge: Slight to BC and "under," based n team and “totals” trends.
IOWA STATE at OKLAHOMA (FOX, 12:00 p.m.)
- Cyclones have given Sooners fits lately, covering last five in regular season since Matt Campbell arrived in 2016.
- ISU won outright two of those, though a narrow loser in Big 12 title game last December.
Tech Edge: ISU, based on series trends.
KENT STATE at AKRON (ESPN+, 12:00 p.m.)
- Golden Flashes have won big vs. Zips past two seasons and have actually covered five straight in series. But only 1-4 vs. spread on road this season.
- Akron on its best spread run of the Arth era, covering four of last five games.
Tech Edge: Slight to Akron, based on recent trends.
MICHIGAN STATE at OHIO STATE (ABC, 12:00 p.m.)
- Buckeyes have won five straight min series, covering last four.
- Mel Tucker 3-0 as dog this season and has covered 5 of last 6 after Maryland win.
Tech Edge: Slight to ‘OSU, based on series trends.
NEW MEXICO STATE at KENTUCKY (SECN, 12:00 p.m.)
- Ags didn’t get there vs. Bama after covering first five away this season.
- Stoops 7-3 vs. line last ten at home, but just 2-3 laying DD since last season.
Tech Edge: Slight to NMSU, based on recent trends.
PURDUE at NORTHWESTERN (BTN, 12:00 p.m.)
- Pat Fitzgerald 6-1 SU last seven vs. Purdue, 4-1 vs. line last five and 5-2 vs. spread last seven.
- But Cats down a few notches from some of better recent editions, and only 3-7 vs. line this season.
- Meanwhile, Boilermakers 3-1 vs. spread away. Purdue also “over” last two after “under” 7-1 prior.
Tech Edge: Slight to Purdue, based on team trends.
RUTGERS at PENN STATE (BTN, 12:00 p.m.)
- Schiano now 8-1 vs. spread since LY as visitor after Indiana romp.
- James Franklin only 3-4 vs. line last seven after spread win streak reached seven prior.
Tech Edge: Rutgers, based on team trends.
SOUTH FLORIDA at TULANE (ESPN+, 12:00 p.m.)
- Note that Bulls have covered spread in eight games they didn’t win outright during the Jeff Scott regime (3-16 SU, 11-8 vs. line).
- Wave hard-to-believe 1-9 SU in 2021. Tulane also “under” last three this season.
Tech Edge: Slight to USF and “under,” based on recent and “totals” trends.
TEXAS at WEST VIRGINIA (ESPN2, 12:00 p.m.)
- Road team has covered last five in series.
- But Horns now on 5-game SU skid, longest since 1956, also losses 5 in a row vs. line, longest spread skid since span from end of 2009 to start of 2010.
Tech Edge: Slight to WVU, based on recent trends.
UMASS at ARMY (CBSSN, 12:00 p.m.)
- Walt Bell-less Minutemen 7-17-1 vs. line since 2019. Crushed 63-7 by Army in 2019.
- West Point only 1-3 vs. line as chalk TY, but on 9-4 spread uptick at Michie Stadium.
Tech Edge: Army, based on UMass woes.
WAKE FOREST at CLEMSON (ESPN, 12:00 p.m.)
- Recent series marks not applicable to Clemson this season.
- Wild Wake 9-1 SU in 2021 and now “over” 5-1 last six after latest shootout (vs NC State).
- Tigers 2-8 vs. spread this season after falling short vs. UConn, now on 2-9 spread skid.
Tech Edge: Wake Forest and slight to “over,” based on recent trends.
TEXAS STATE at COASTAL CAROLINA (ESPN+, 1:00 p.m.)
- Bobcats 2-5 vs. spread last seven away.
- Chants have dropped 3 of last 4 vs. line after GS loss, but was on 12-4-1 spread run prior.
Tech Edge: Coastal, based on team trends.
ARKANSAS STATE at GEORGIA STATE (ESPN3, 2:00 p.m.)
- Home team has won last two meetings, both very high scoring (201 total points!).
- Butch Jones had failed to cover first three away this season until ULM win.
- Red Wolves “under” 4 straight into that game.
- Surging GSU now five straight covers after Coastal upset.
Tech Edge: Georgia State, based on team trends.
ILLINOIS at IOWA (FS1, 2:00 p.m.)
- Kirk Ferentz hasn’t lost outright to Illini since 2008, though teams didn’t meet for one five-year stretch.
- Bielema 4-2-1 vs. spread last seven TY, but the Illinois trend to note is “unders” in eight straight (and 9-1 this season).
- Hawkeyes had dropped 3 in a row vs. line before narrow Floyd win last week.
Tech Edge: “Under” and slight to Illinois, based on “totals” and recent trends.
GEORGIA TECH at NOTRE DAME (NBC, 2:30 p.m.)
- “Rudy” game! Jackets making little progress, 1-5 SU and vs. line last six in 2021 after BC loss.
- Meanwhile Irish have now won and covered 5 straight and 7 of 8 after Virginia romp.
Tech Edge: Notre Dame, based on recent trends.
WASHINGTON at COLORADO (Pac-12, 3:00 p.m.)
- Jimmy Lake ends his Huskies tenure with 3-10 spread mark, he can't even get credit for the wild cover but he Huskies last week with interim Bob Gregory in charge.
- Huskies also “under” 8-2 this season.
- Buffs however now “over” 3-0 last three after UCLA game.
Tech Edge: Slight to CU, based on team trends.
APPALACHIAN STATE at TROY (ESPN+, 3:30 p.m.)
- Mounties have won and covered big the last three meetings.
- App also on 4-game win and cover streak this season.
- Trojans on 5-game “over” run.
Tech Edge: App State and “over,” based on recent team and “totals” trends.
ARKANSAS at ALABAMA (CBS, 3:30 p.m.)
- Tide hasn’t lost in this series since Mike Shula fell in double OT vs. Hogs in 2006. Hogs 7-3 “under” this season.
- Porkers 6-2 vs. spread as visitor under Sam Pittman, also 13-7 vs. spread overall since last season, and 10-4 as dog.
- Tide had covered 7 straight vs. SEC at Tuscaloosa before recent non-cover vs. LSU.
Tech Edge: Slight to Bama, based on series trends.
EAST CAROLINA at NAVY (CBSSN, 3:30 p.m.)
- Mids have won and covered last five meetings since 2012.
- Navy also 5-2 vs. line last seven this season and “under” five in a row.
- But Pirates really surging with four SU wins in a row, covers in last six and seven of last eight in 2021.
Tech Edge: “Under” and slight to ECU, based on “totals” and recent trends.
MARSHALL at CHARLOTTE (Stadium, 3:30 p.m.)
- This game was postponed twice a year ago.
- Herd 4-1 vs. spread last five away in 2021.
- 49ers 1-3 vs. line last four this season after loss at La Tech.
Tech Edge: Marshall, based on team trends.
MICHIGAN at MARYLAND (BTN, 3:30 p.m.)
- Harbaugh 8-2 vs. spread in bounce-back 2021 after Penn State win.
- Locksley Big Ten spread losing streak now at 9 after Mich State defeat.
Tech Edge: Michigan, based on recent trends.
MINNESOTA at INDIANA (BTN, 3:30 p.m.)
- Hoosiers really falling apart after 7-1 spread mark last season.
- IU no covers 8 of 9 vs. FBS foes in 2021, and 0-4 vs. spread vs. FBS opponents at home.
Tech Edge: Minnesota, based on recent IU woes.
NEBRASKA at WISCONSIN (ABC, 3:30 p.m.)
- At 3-7 SU this season, the Huskers have still been within 9 points in all of their losses.
- Scott Frost also 6-1 last seven as dog.
- Badgers, however, have won five straight, covering last 3 and 4 of last 5 in 2021.
- Wiscy had earlier dropped 4 of 6 as chalk before current four covers in a row, all laying points.
Tech Edge: Slight to Nebraska, based on extended trends.
OLD DOMINION at MIDDLE TENNESSEE (ESPN+, 3:30 p.m.)
- Upstart Monarchs on move with wins and covers last three and four of last five. Also on 4-1 “under” run.
- Stockstill however is 4-0 as chalk this season.
Tech Edge: Slight to “under,” based on “totals” trends.
SMU at CINCINNATI (ESPN, 3:30 p.m.)
- Sonny Dykes 5-1 last six as dog since start of 2019.
- Bearcats now working four spread Ls in a row after non-cover vs. USF, but did rip Mustangs 42-13 LY.
Tech Edge: Slight to SMU, based on recent trends.
UAB at UTSA (ESPN+, 3:30 p.m.)
- Roadrunners were 8-1 vs. line this season before falling well short vs. USM last week.
- Blazers are 5-0 as a dog this season in a role that has been good for Bill Clark before (23-6 from 2014, 17-18).
- Blazers also “under” 9-3 last 12.
Tech Edge: Slight to UAB and “under,” based on team and “totals” trends.
VIRGINIA at PITTSBURGH (ESPN2, 3:30 p.m.)
- Bronco Mendenhall lost and failed to cover first three vs. Pitt after taking over Hoos, but did win the last meeting 31-14 in 2019 opener at Heinz Field.
- Cavs also on 11-5 spread run even after Notre Dame loss, and minus QB Brennan Armstrong.
- Panthers have now covered 6 of last 7 in 2021 after OT win over Tar Heels.
Tech Edge: Slight to UVa, based on team trends.
BYU at GEORGIA SOUTHERN (ESPN+, 4:00 p.m.)
- Cougs have straightened out a bit with big wins and covers last two following three-game spread skid.
- Eagles broke recent skid with Texas State win but had dropped previous three vs. spread.
Tech Edge: Slight to BYU, based on team trends.
FLORIDA at MISSOURI (SECN, 4:00 p.m.)
- Dan Mullen has won and covered last two vs. Tigers, but Gators no covers last four or five of last six in 2021 after poor effort vs. Samford.
- Mizzou “surging” (such as it is) with back-to-back covers after 11 spread Ls in a row.
- Tigers also on 10-3 “over” run.
Tech Edge: “Over” and slight to Mizzou, based on “totals” and recent trends.
KANSAS at TCU (ESPN+, 4:00 p.m.)
- As we often remind with Lance Leipold, he was 30-14-2 vs. line at Buffalo the past four seasons, and perhaps last week's rousing upset at Texas will prove a breakthrough.
- Frogs, however, have scored 110 points across the past two seasons in blowouts vs. the Les Miles Jayhawks.
- But TCU only 1-4 vs. line last five as Fort Worth chalk.
Tech Edge: Slight to Kansas, based on recent TCU and extended Leipold trends.
LOUISIANA-LAFAYETTE at LIBERTY (ESPNU, 4:00 p.m.)
- Ragin’ Cajuns no covers yet in four road games this season.
- ULL has also been “under” six in a row before Troy win last weekend.
- After 12-2 spread run into mid-September, Hugh Freeze just 3-4 vs. line since with Flames.
Tech Edge: Slight to Liberty and “under,” based on team and “totals” trends.
RICE at UTEP (ESPN+, 4:00 p.m.)
- Game was postponed then cancelled last season.
- Owls no covers last three in 2021, now 2-8 vs. spread in disappointing 2021.
- Miners have now lost last three SU after surging to bowl eligibility but are 23-1 vs. spread last four at Sun Bowl.
Tech Edge: Slight to UTEP, based on recent Rice woes.
SYRACUSE at N.C. STATE (ACCN, 4:00 p.m.)
- Cuse was 8-1 vs. line this season before blowout loss at ‘Ville last week.
- Pack however 14-8 vs. line since last season even after close Wake loss.
Tech Edge: Slight to N.C. State, based on extended trends.
TEMPLE at TULSA (ESPN+, 4:00 p.m.)
- Owls season has unraveled with five SU and spread losses in a row following Houston’s beatdown.
- Carey on 4-14 spread skid since late 2019.
- Road team is 8-2 vs. line in Golden Hurricane games this season (Tulsa 1-4 vs. spread at home).
- Tulsa also “under” last three this term.
Tech Edge: Tulsa and slight to “under,” based on recent team and “totals” trends.
UCLA at USC (FOX, 4:00 p.m.)
- After winning three in a row from Trojans in 2012-14, the Bruins have proceeded to drop five of the next six in this storied series.
- SC, however, yet to cover in four Pac-12 games at home this term, stretching that streak to five in a row since late last season, and UCLA 3-1 SU and vs. line away this season.
- Note Bruins have won only once SU at Coliseum (2013) since 31-24 win in 1997 for Bob Toledo's UCLA featuring QB Cade McNown.
Tech Edge: UCLA, based on recent trends.
UCONN at UCF (ESPN+, 4:00 p.m.)
- Hang-in-there cover vs. Clemson gives Huskies five covers in last seven games!
- Malzahn 3-7 vs. line this season, 1-5 as chalk vs. FBS foes, and Knights 9-21 vs. spread last 30 vs. FBS opponents.
Tech Edge: UConn, based on recent trends.
BAYLOR at KANSAS STATE (FS1, 5:30 p.m.)
- Note the home team is 9-1 vs. line in Bears games this season (Bears 1-3 vs. line away).
- Cats 3-0-1 vs. spread last four this season, Kleiman 11-6 vs. points last 17 as dog, though the early line on this one was near pick 'em.
Tech Edge: Kansas State, based on team trends.
AUBURN at SOUTH CAROLINA (ESPN 7:00 p.m.)
- Tigers were upset at Columbia last season in about the last hurrah for the Muschamp regime.
- Auburn season has unraveled with losses last two in 2021.
- Gamecocks however had dropped last four and five of six vs. line this season.
- SC “over” last 3 and 4 of 5 in 2021.
Tech Edge: Slight to “over,” based on “totals” trends.
CALIFORNIA at STANFORD (Pac-12, 7:00 p.m.)
- Big Game! Justin Wilcox has covered 3 of 4 vs. Tree but lost 3 of those outright as well.
- Cal 3-1 vs. line away this season.
- Cardinal in retreat, losing and failing to cover five in a row.
Tech Edge: Cal, based in recent trends.
NORTH TEXAS at FIU (ESPN3, 7:30 p.m.)
- Mean Green on a bit of an uptick, four straight wins and covers in 2021 in a bounce-back spread year for Seth Littrell, now 7-3 vs. line this season.
- Soon-to-depart Butch Davis has now dropped 5 of last 6 vs. line with FIU after destroyed by MTSU last week.
- Panthers also on 9-3 “over” run.
Tech Edge: UNT and “over,” based on recent and “totals” trends.
OREGON at UTAH (ABC, 7:30 p.m.)
- First meeting since Pac-12 title game two years ago when Ducks romped 37-15.
- UO 4-1 vs. line last five as visitor since late 2020, Utes only 4-6 vs. spread in 2021 (though 4-2 last six).
- Utah also on 6-game “over” streak after Arizona fireworks last week.
- Likely Pac-12 title game preview two weeks hence.
Tech Edge: “Over” and Oregon, based on “totals” and team trends.
SOUTH ALABAMA at TENNESSEE (ESPNU, 7:30 p.m.)
- The home team has covered in all nine of USA’s game vs. FBS opposition this season (Jags 0-5 vs. spread away).
- Vols on 5-1 “over” run last six in 2021 after Georgia game.
Tech Edge: Tennessee and slight to "over," based on USA and "totals" trends.
VANDERBILT at MISSISSIPPI (SECN, 7:30 p.m.)
- Rebs have won and covered big the last two and three of the last four meetings vs. Dores.
- Kiffin “under” last five in 2021, also 6-1 vs. number at home.
- Dores however have covered 3 of last 4 this season, also on 4-1 “under” run.
Tech Edge: Ole Miss and “under,” based on team and “totals” trends.
VIRGINIA TECH at MIAMI-FL (ACCN, 7:30 p.m.)
- Canes have won and covered 3 of last 4 in series.
- Tech has wins and covers in 2 of last 3 vs. lowly GT & Duke but just 2-6 vs. spread last 8 this season, also 2-6 vs. spread last eight away.
- Diaz involved in three four straight close decisions, 3-1 SU and 2-2 vs. line.
Tech Edge: Slight to Miami, based on team trends.
OKLAHOMA STATE at TEXAS TECH (FOX, 8:00 p.m.)
- Gundy has failed to cover the last two years vs. Red Raiders, but Cowboys now on 8-game cover streak after TCU romp.
- OSU has also covered its last six on road.
Tech Edge: OSU, based on recent trends.
WYOMING at UTAH STATE (CBSSN, 8:00 p.m.)
- Teams didn’t play LY, but Bohl has won and covered 3 of last 4 vs. Utags.
- Wyo working on back-to-back covers after five straight spread Ls previous.
- Bohl 5-2 “under” last seven in 2021.
- Utags surging with wins and covers last four, also “under” 5-2 last seven.
Tech Edge: USU and “under,” based on team and “totals” trends.
LOUISIANA-MONROE at LSU (ESPN2, 9:00 p.m.)
- Tigers only 2-3 vs. line at home this season.
- After brief flurry in October, Terry Bowden has now dropped last three vs. spread.
- Warhawks 6-2 “over” last 8 in 2021.
Tech Edge: Slight to “over,” based on “totals” trends.
NEW MEXICO at BOISE STATE (FS1, 9:00 p.m.)
- During the Bob Davie era, UNM had good success vs. Boise for several years, covering four in a row from 2012-15, though Broncos covered last 2 and 3 of last 4 meetings.
- Lobos wretched 1-9 vs. spread TY, also “under” 7-3.
- Boise “under” 4-0 last four.
Tech Edge: Boise and “under,” based on recent and “totals” trends.
ARIZONA STATE at OREGON STATE (ESPN, 10:30 p.m.)
- Note “overs” last four in series.
- Herm Edwards 1-3 vs. line away this season and no covers 3 of last 4.
- Beavs 5-0 vs. line at Corvallis in 2021 after 35-14 romp past Stanford.
Tech Edge: OSU and “over,” based on team and “totals” trends.
COLORADO STATE at HAWAII (11:00 p.m.)
- Adazzio slumping after brief late Sept/early Oct surge, now losing and failing to cover last four after Air Force loss.
- Bows not much better, 0-4-1 vs. spread last five, and also “under” 6-2 last eight.
Tech Edge: Slight to “under,” based on “totals” trends.