Last Updated Dec 22, 2021, 10:39 AM
Bowl Tech Trends - Week 2
Don't miss out on expert College Football selections from Bruce Marshall this season on VegasInsider.com. Click to win!
The second week of the College Football bowl season kicks off on Tuesday, December 21 and concludes on Monday, December 27 with nine bowl games!
We've identified betting trends and angles for these matchups.
We also have "Tech Edge" leans on the side or total for each game too.
Straight Up (SU), Against the Spread (ATS), Over-Under (O/U)
Tuesday, Dec. 21
WYOMING vs. KENT STATE (ESPN, 3:30 p.m.)
- Golden Flashes 0-3 vs. line vs. FBS-level non-MAC foes this season, also 1-6 vs. spread away from Dix Stadium in 2021.
- Sean Lewis did however win and cover his lone bowl chance in 2019.
- Cowboys were 1-6-1 their last 8 away vs. line before late-season covers at Boise & USU.
- Bohl is 3-0 vs. line in bowls with Wyo.
Tech Edge: Slight to Wyoming, based on team and extended trends.
SAN DIEGO STATE vs. UTSA (ESPN, 7:30 p.m.)
- Roadrunners had won and covered five straight on road this season until North Texas loss.
- UTSA on 11-4 spread uptick since late 2020.
- Aztecs lost 27-0 to Ohio U in this bowl in 2018.
Tech Edge: UTSA, based on team trends.
Wednesday, Dec. 22
ARMED FORCES BOWL
MISSOURI vs. ARMY (ESPN, 8:00 p.m.)
- Tigers only 3-9 vs. spread in 2021, and that was with covers in three of last four. Spread skid had reached 11 since late 2020 at that point.
- Drinkwitz 2-4 as dog this season.
- Monken has covered last three bowl tries with West Point and is 3-1 SU in four bowls with Black Knights.
Tech Edge: Army, based on team trends.
Thursday, Dec. 23
FRISCO FOOTBALL CLASSIC
MIAMI-OHIO vs. NORTH TEXAS (ESPN, 3:30 p.m.)
- Mean Green closed 2021 in a rush, won last five and covered last six games.
- Littrell however 0-3 SU and vs. line in bowls.
- RedHawks only 2-5 vs. spread away from Yager Stadium this season.
Tech Edge: North Texas, based on recent trends.
UCF vs. FLORIDA (ESPN, 7:00 p.m.)
- Gators hardly closed in a rush, dropping last six spread decisions in 2021, including last five as favorite.
- Fla failed to cover bowls past two seasons.
- Gus Malzahn however failed to cover 4 of last 5 bowls with Auburn.
- Knights only 4-8 vs. line in 2021 and 7-15 past two years, also 14-8 “over since late 2019.
Tech Edge: Slight to “over,” based on “totals” trends.
Friday, Dec. 24
MEMPHIS vs. HAWAII (ESPN, 8:00 p.m.)
- As Tigers indeed a visitor here, their away marks apply, and they are not good, 0-8-1 since last season as visitor vs. spread.
- Silverfield’s only away cover came in bowl vs. FAU last season, 1-9-1 vs. spread away from Liberty Bowl since Cotton Bowl game vs. Penn State two years ago.
- Bows 3-3-1 vs. line last five at Ching Complex this season.
Tech Edge: Hawaii and slight to “under,” based on Memphis road woes and “totals” trends.
Saturday, Dec. 25
BALL STATE vs. GEORGIA STATE (ESPN, 2:30 p.m.)
- Panthers closed in a hurry this season, 6-1 SU and vs. line last seven games of 2021.
- Elliott 2-1 SU and vs. line in bowls with GSU.
- Cards 4-8 vs. line this season, 2-4 vs. spread away, 1-4 last five vs. number, also “under” last five this term.
Tech Edge: Georgia State, based on team trends.
Monday, Dec. 27
QUICK LANE BOWL
WESTERN MICHIGAN vs. NEVADA (ESPN, 11:00 a.m.)
- Broncos dropped 4 of last 5 vs. spread this season and were just 1-3-1 vs. line away from Waldo Stadium, though the one win was a big upset at Pitt. Also 0-2-1 vs. points last three bowls.
- Pack covered last three and six of last seven this season, also 9-3 overall vs. line, but that was before Jay Norvell left (along with many assistants and players) and won’t be at bowl, so proceed carefully.
- Nevada 15-6 vs. spread past two seasons, also 8-0 as dog since 2020.
Tech Edge: Nevada, based on team trends.
EAST CAROLINA vs. BOSTON COLLEGE (ESPN, 2:30 p.m.)
- Eagles 2-5 vs. line last seven, 7-1 “under” last eight in 2021.
- BC 1-4 SU and vs. line last five bowls (all Addazio and pre-Hafley).
- Pirates 4-1 SU last five, 6-2 vs. line last eight in 2021.
- ECU also “under” 9-4 since late 2020. First bowl for Pirates since 2014!
Tech Edge: ECU and “under,” based on team and “totals” trends.