Last Updated Aug 30, 2021, 13:53 PM
Tech Trends - Week 1
Thursday, September 10
HOUSTON at KANSAS CITY (NBC, 8:20 p.m. ET)
- Texans 9-3-2 vs. spread last 14 as regular season visitor and 8-3 last 11 as regular season dog.
- Chiefs closed 2019 with wins and covers in last nine, covering last six at Arrowhead (all as chalk) after dropping preceding 4 and 8 of 9 vs. number as host.
- KC also “over” 44-23 since 2016, and last three meetings “over” since 2017.
- Teams split two games at Arrowhead last season.
Tech edge: “Over,” based on “totals” trends
Sunday, September 13
MIAMI at NEW ENGLAND (CBS, 1:00 p.m. ET)
- Prior to upset in Week 17 last December, Dolphins had lost and failed to cover previous seven at Gillette Stadium, and had lost 10 in a row outright at Foxborough.
- Dolphins closed fast in 2019, covering 9 of last 12, all as dog.
- Patriots dropped 5 of last 7 vs. number in 2019, and now “under” 19-10 since mid 2018.
Tech Edge: Slight to Patriots and “under,” based on extended trends
CLEVELAND at BALTIMORE (CBS, 1:00 p.m. ET)
- Head coach Kevin Stefanski debut for Browns.
- Ravens closed 2019 regular season winning last 12 outright and covering 8 of last 9.
- Browns, however, did deal Baltimore its only regular season home loss in Week 4 and have covered last two at M&T Bank Stadium.
- Cleveland only covered 4 of last 12 a season ago after that win over Ravens.
Tech Edge: Ravens, based on recent trends
NY JETS at BUFFALO (CBS, 1:00 p.m. ET)
- Road team has won and covered last four meetings.
- Bills were just 1-4 vs. spread at Orchard Park last season.
- Buffalo on 23-9 “under” run since early 2018.
- Jets “under” 5-1 last six in 2019.
Tech Edge: Jets and “under,” based on series and “totals” trends
LAS VEGAS at CAROLINA (CBS, 1:00 p.m. ET)
- Head coach Matt Rhule debut for Panthers.
- Raiders lost 5 of last 6 SU and dropped 5 of last 7 vs. line in 2019.
- Also “under” 6-1 last 7 in 2019, and “under” 21-11 since 2018.
- Panthers however closed 2019 dropping last 8 outright and just 1-6-1 vs. spread in those games, and only 3-7-1 vs. number last 11 at Charlotte since mid 2018.
- Panthers “over” 11-5 last season.
Tech Edge: Slight to Raiders, based on team trends
SEATTLE at ATLANTA (FOX, 1:00 p.m. ET)
- Seahawks on 9-3-1 spread run away from CenturyLink Field in regular season.
- Visiting team is 12-4-1 vs. number in Seattle regular-season games since late 2018.
- Falcons covered last 4 and 7 of last 9 in 2019, also winning 6 of last 8 outright.
- 'Hawks “over” 16-8 in regular season play since mid 2018.
Tech Edge: “Over,” based on “totals” trends
PHILADELPHIA at WASHINGTON (FOX, 1:00 p.m. ET)
- Head coach Ron Rivera debut for Washington (if he’s healthy).
- Philly has won and covered last four in series, both meetings “over” last season.
- Washington 2-8 vs. points last 10 at FedEx Field.
Tech Edge: Eagles, based on team and series trends
CHICAGO at DETROIT (FOX, 1:00 p.m. ET)
- Bears have won all four meetings since 2018, covering three of those.
- Though note Chicago enters 2020 on a 4-13 spread skid.
- Bears were 1-7 vs. line as visitor in 2019 after winning and covering 4 of last 5 away in 2018.
- Lions dropped last nine outright a year ago and covered just 2 of last 11 in 2019.
- Detroit also “under” 11-2 last 13 at Ford Field.
Tech Edge: Slight to Bears and “under,” based on series and “totals” trends
INDIANAPOLIS at JACKSONVILLE (CBS, 1:00 p.m. ET)
- Jags lost and failed to cover 6 of last 8 a year ago.
- But they have won and covered last four as series host vs. Colts (five if counting London game in 2016) and were 3-1 vs. line getting 6 or more points a year ago.
- Jags 8-1-1 vs. number against Indy since 2015.
Tech Edge: Jags, based on series trends
GREEN BAY at MINNESOTA (FOX, 1:00 p.m. ET)
- Packers won and covered both meetings last season.
- Vikings however have won and covered last four and five of six openers under Mike Zimmer.
- “Unders” 9-2 last 11 in series.
Tech Edge: “Under,” based on series trends
L.A. CHARGERS at CINCINNATI (CBS, 4:05 p.m. ET)
- Chargers fell apart late 2019, losing and failing to cover 6 of last 7.
- Bolts 3-7 vs. line last ten away from home, and just 1-8 laying points a year ago.
- Cincy only 3-10-1 vs. spread last 14 at Paul Brown Stadium but was 3-2-1 last six as dog in 2019.
Tech Edge: Slight to Bengals, based on team trends
ARIZONA at SAN FRANCISCO (FOX, 4:25 p.m. ET)
- Cards played Niners tough last season and very unfortunate to get push out of second meeting after covering in desert.
- Big Red 4-0-1 vs. spread last five in series and on 11-5-1 spread uptick since late 2018.
- Cards 6-1-1 vs. spread away in 2019, now 7-1-1 vs. line last nine as a visitor.
- Niners were just 3-4-1 vs. spread at home in regular season of 2019.
Tech Edge: Cards, based on series and team trends
TAMPA BAY at NEW ORLEANS (FOX, 4:25 p.m. ET)
- Bruce Arians only 5-10-1 vs. line in his Bucs debut season a year ago.
- Note - his second year at Arizona in 2014 produced 11-5 SU and spread marks.
- Bucs “over” 12-4 in 2019, Arians teams now “over” 27-12 dating back to mid 2016 with Cards.
- Over now 5-2 last seven in this series.
- Saints only 4-9 vs. number last 11 at Superdome.
Tech Edge: “Over” and Bucs, based on “totals” and team trends.
DALLAS at L.A. RAMS (NBC, 8:20 p.m. ET)
- Rams open new SoFi Stadium in Los Angeles.
- Cowboys won big 44-21 last December vs. LA at Arlington.
- Dallas “over” 22-12 since 2018, both meetings vs. Rams “over” past two years.
- Rams were only 5-9 vs. spread their last 14 as host at Coliseum.
- McVay has covered in openers the past three seasons.
Tech Edge: Slight to “over” and Rams, based on “totals” and team trends
Monday, September 14
PITTSBURGH at NY GIANTS (ESPN, 7:15 p.m. ET)
- Head coach Joe Judge debut for New York.
- Steelers “under” 12-4 last season (almost all of it minus Big Ben), now “under” 17-6 last 23 since late 2018.
- Steel also just 1-6-1 last eight as visiting chalk since 2018.
- Giants “over” 16-8 since mid 2018 but just 2-8 vs. points last 10 at MetLife.
Tech Edge: Slight to Giants, based on team trends.
TENNESSEE at DENVER (ESPN, 10:10 p.m. ET)
- Broncos blanked Titans 16-0 in Week 6 last season, and quietly covered 8 of last 12 for Fangio in 2019.
- Denver on 17-7 “under” run since mid 2018 (9-7 “under’ in 2019).
- Titans covered 5 of their last 6 on road down the stretch last season.
Tech Edge: Slight to “under,” based on “totals” trends