Brian Edwards - VegasInsider betting expert
Brian Edwards covers football, basketball and the UFC with a special emphasis on SEC football and SEC hoops. He has handicapped for VI since 2002.
Brian is a 1998 graduate of the University of Florida. After working as a sports writer in the Atlanta area for nearly two years, Edwards joined Vegas Insider in March of 2000.
Brian is a regular guest on radio shows all across the country. He is on Severe & Benning in the Morning on 1620 The Zone in Omaha and the Out of Bounds Show with Qualk & Kelly on 105.5 The Roar in Clemson every Thursday of the year. During football season, Brian joins the Chris Vernon Show in Memphis (Grind City Media) every Friday to discuss his picks. He is also a weekly guest on TJ Rives' 3DogThursday podcast and makes regular appearances on multiple VSIN shows.
Brian has had by-lines in ESPN the Magazine. In 2011, he correctly predicted the season win totals for four of five SEC teams the publication featured in its preseason Top 25. His articles have also been seen in the Las Vegas Review-Journal, GamecockCentral.com, VSIN.com and NOLA.com. His Saturday college football picks in the Review-Journal in 2012 cashed at an incredible 48-18-1 clip (73%).
On Dec. 26 of 2009, Brian beat every member of the national media to the news of Urban Meyer's resignation as the head football coach at the University of Florida. Of course, Meyer changed his mind the next day, but VI was the website that provided that stunning news first. Also, Brian alerted bettors to the pending suspensions of 20 FSU football players prior to the Music City Bowl in '07, suggesting that gamblers immediately play Kentucky -1 because the line was going to be heavily adjusted. As it turned out, Brian advised VI readers to then come back with FSU +9 (the adjusted number) so when the 'Cats won by seven, the perfect 'middle' gave gamblers multiple winners.
Brian hosted VI's radio show, The Power Hours, on Thursday nights from 2005-2012.
Brian is a life-long fan of the Florida Gators, Atlanta Hawks and the Atlanta Falcons.
Brian is also a big fan of Steve Spurrier, Charles Barkley, Bill Raftery, The Diaz Brothers and Matt 'The Immortal' Brown. On the flip side, Brian is not a fan of Roger Clemens, Alex Rodriguez, Mark May, Chris Webber and Craig James.
You can check out more of his work at BrianEdwardsSports.com.
For daily sports gambling analysis, you can follow Brian on twitter at Vegasbedwards.
Handicapper Hot Streaks
• 16-4 NBA Guaranteed Run: 8/30/20 - 9/24/20
• 16-4 all-time record in NCAA FB Championship Games
• 9-2 Super Bowl record since 2009
• 2020-2021 NBA #2 Money Leader: $1,972
• 2020-2021 NBA #3 Totals Leader: $1,176
• 2014-2015 NBA Record: 55%, $1,322
• 2014-2015 NCAA BK #3 Money Leader: $764
• 2013-2014 NCAA BK Record: 55%, $1,944
• 2012-2013 NCAA FB #2 Money Leader: $2,527
• 2012-2013 NCAA FB Percent Leader: 63%
• 2011-2012 NFL #2 Percent Leader: 60%
• 2010-2011 NCAA BK #3 Money Leader: $1,461
• 2010-2011 NCAA BK #3 Percent Leader: 55%
• 2008-2009 NCAA BK #2 Over-Under Leader: $995
• 2007-2008 NCAA BK Over-Under Leader: $1,405
• 2006-2007 NFL Over-Under Leader: $1,120
• 2006-2007 NBA #2 Money Leader: $1,415
• 2006-2007 NBA #2 Percent Leader: 54%
• 2004 MLB Money Leader: $5,760
• 2004-2005 NCAA FB #3 Percent Leader: 57%