May 21, 2022
2023 NFL DRAFT ODDS, BETTING ODDS
The 2023 NFL Draft is set for Thursday, April 27 and will be held at Arrowhead Stadium located in Kansas City, Missouri. Alabama quarterback Bryce Young opened as the favorite, but quickly switched as C.J. Stroud is now the favorite.
2023 NFL DRAFT - FIRST OVERALL PICK ODDS
|No. 1 Draft Pick|
|Will Anderson, Jr.||+300|
|Tyler Van Dyke||+2000|
Odds Provided by bet365 - Subject to Change - Updated on Sat., May 21, 4:21 PM ET
|Get the VI Daily Newsletter! Get the VI Daily Newsletter!|
BETTING ON THE NFL
Best NFL Betting Sites:
Where to bet on the NFL:
HOW TO READ THE 2023 NFL DRAFT ODDS MARKET
ODDS TO BE THE 1ST OVERALL PICK IN THE 2023 NFL DRAFT
Quarterback Bryce Young (+200) opens as the favorite to be the first overall pick in the 2023 NFL Draft with DraftKings.
Bettors placing a $100 wager on Young to be selected first would win back $300 ($100 wager + $200).
NFL DRAFT ORDER PROCESS
- The NFL Draft order is determined by the standings at the end of the regular season
- The team with the worst record will select first in the NFL Draft and each team will follow up to the 20th selection
- The remaining 12 teams that qualified for the playoffs will be placed in order of their elimination during the postseason
NFL DRAFT HISTORY NO. 1 PICKS
Looking at the recent NFL Draft History, quarterbacks have been selected first in six of the last eight drafts including the last four.
NFL NO. 1 DRAFT HISTORY
- 2022 - Travon Walker, EDGE, Jacksonville Jaguars
- 2021 - Trevor Lawrence, QB, Jacksonville Jaguars
- 2020 - Joe Burrow, QB, Cincinnati Bengals
- 2019 - Kyler Murray, QB, Arizona Cardinals
- 2018 - Baker Mayfield, QB, Cleveland Browns
- 2017 - Myles Garrett, DE, Cleveland Browns
- 2016 - Jared Goff, QB, Los Angeles Rams
- 2015 - Jameis Winston, QB, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- 2014 - Jadeveon Clowney, DE, Houston Texans
- 2013 - Eric Fisher, T, Kansas City Chiefs
- 2012 - Andrew Luck, QB, Indianapolis Colts
- 2011 - Cam Newton, QB, Carolina Panthers
- 2010 - Sam Bradford, QB, St. Louis Rams
- 2009 - Matthew Stafford, QB, Detroit Lions
A quarterback has been taken with the No. 1 overall pick in five of the last six drafts. Myles Garrett of the Cleveland Browns was the lone exception within that time span.
The No. 1 overall pick has been a quarterback or a lineman in each of the last 24 drafts, making it highly unlikely that a running back, receiver, linebacker, or defensive back will be the first player whose name we hear on April 29 in Cleveland, Ohio.