Best NFL Betting Sites August 2022
|Online Sportsbooks · Best NFL Betting Sites|
OUR TOP NFL SPORTSBOOKS
Available in: AZ, CO, IA, IL, IN, LA, MI, NJ, NY, PA, TN, VA, WV, WY
Available in: AZ, CO, IN, LA, MI, NJ, TN, VA
Available in: AZ, CO, IN, IA, IL, LA, MI, NJ, NY, TN, VA, WV, WY
Available in: CO, MI, NJ, PA
Available in: AZ, NJ, NY, IN, CO, LA, CT, IA, VA, TN, PA, WV, MI, IL, WY
No code neededCLAIM OFFER
ONLINE NFL BETTING SITES WITH THE BEST BONUSES
Listed below is a quick look at the best football sites for placing real money, legal wagers on NFL games and their respective welcome bonuses. Mattress Mack will tell you: you're going to want to be on a reputable betting site with competitive odds if you're going to put your money on a bet (especially if you wager big like he does; but we can't recommend it)!
BETMGM - RISK FREE FIRST BET UP TO $1,000
Backed by Las Vegas gaming giant MGM Resorts, this online betting site has established itself as the King of Sportsbooks. BetMGM has brought the thrill and excitement of a Las Vegas sportsbook to a sharp and easy to use mobile betting app.
In just a few years, BetMGM has established itself as one of the top three US sports betting operators. Offering a strong promotional lineup, the site continues to offer high value for sports betting enthusiasts of all skill levels.
CAESARS SPORTSBOOK - $1,500 IN FIRST BET INSURANCE
Caesars is the third online sportsbook operator with strong ties to the casino industry. Backed by Caesars Entertainment, this mobile betting app also comes from strong bookmaking roots. The Caesars Sportsbook mobile betting app is a rebrand of William Hill.
Caesars Entertainment is making a huge push into the legal sportsbook and iGaming market with this offering, and it continues to make the list of the best sportsbooks in several states due to its huge online NFL betting bonuses and boosted odds.
FANDUEL - $1,000 NO SWEAT FIRST BET
Owned by UK-based Flutter Entertainment, FanDuel has been able to capture more than 40 percent of the legal US market. With origins in daily fantasy sports (DFS), FanDuel also covers a large portion of the states offering online sportsbooks.
As the No. 1 sportsbook operator in the US, FanDuel does quite a few things extremely well, including a diverse mobile app and a ton of value-building promotions for new and existing players.
WYNNBET - BET $100 & GET $100
This is another US mobile sportsbook operator backed by a Las Vegas gaming and entertainment company, Wynn Resorts. This mobile betting app is rather new to the legal US industry. However, WynnBET has made some strong inroads in the market, giving users the ability to bet on-the-go without hassle.
One main point of difference with WynnBET is an intuitive online betting platform. This feature has the ability to tailor betting leagues and betting markets to individual players. The betting app also offers a modern look and feel to NFL betting, making it a great addition to your home screen.
FOX BET - RISK FREE BET UP TO $500
Tied to FOX Sports, this online sportsbook has quickly become one of the best NFL sportsbooks in a number of states with legalized betting. Its footprint in the US marketplace is not as expansive as some of the other operators on this list, but boasts the wealth of experience associated with the FOX Sports brand.
FOX Bet puts US bettors at the center of all the NFL action. The site offers unique promotions tied to each Sunday’s games such as the Fox Bet Super 6 contest and much more, making it a great choice for NFL bettors looking for a variety of bets.
Owned and operated by PointsBet Holdings in Australia, this online sportsbook offers a new twist for betting NFL games. Players can earn a higher return on their wager depending on how big the win, fittingly called PointsBetting. If you're a sharp looking to get rewarded for your accuracy, betting on PointsBet's boutique markets can be a solid play.
A strong No. 2 in the legal US marketplace, DraftKings also came from a DFS background. Based in Boston, this sportsbook operator also has a wide footprint among states offering legal sports betting. This footprint includes retail sportsbooks at land-based venues and having sole branding rights over apps in two states: Oregon and New Hampshire, though DraftKings is the only available sportsbook app in those locations.
As the marketplace evolves, so do the sports betting capabilities at DraftKings. A perfect example is micro-betting options for NFL games. Bettors can actually wager on the outcome of a single play in a game.
HOW TO BET ON THE NFL ONLINE
Betting on NFL games through an online sportsbook website or mobile app is easy to do, and doesn't take more than a minute. Here's how:
- Anyone betting on NFL games online needs to be physically present in a state offering legal sports betting. They must also be of legal age (21 in most legal states).
- Register for an online betting account with an in-state operator, providing personal details and banking information. (Don't worry, the sportsbooks we promote on VegasInsider are encrypted, licensed, and regulated by state-specific commissions to keep everything above board.)
- Once registered and eligibility has been validated, make your initial deposit to start betting on NFL games with real money.
TYPES OF NFL BETS
- Moneyline: When you're looking for online NFL betting, the moneyline is the simplest way to make a pick. Just call which team you think is going to win, and lay your money down.
- Spreads: Spread betting sets up expectations on a team's performance: do you think a team doesn't have a shot, but still might score enough to keep the opponents on their toes? The spread is set at a plus or minus figure. For example a bet might post with a 3.5 spread, meaning you're betting on one team to lose by 3 or less points, or betting on the favorite to score at least 4 more points than their competition.
- Totals: Totals let you bet on the total point score of a given football game. Simple, but not east: what makes it complicated is trying to hit an over/under when you're not sure whether or not a game will be a blowout. It's basically Price is Right rules in reverse: you're not trying to hit the exact point total, but whether or not the cumulative score will exceed or fall short of a pre-set value.
- Props: Proposition bets are so-named because they're borne out of the more "casual" bets of yesterday. A prop bet doesn't have anything to do with the final outcome of the game, but rather individual events: everything from the color of the Gatorade dumped on the coach to whether or not a player will exceed a certain number of passing yards.
- Live Bets: Live betting is possible with the advent of online NFL betting, and it often consists of prop bets. These live bets can be placed right on your sportsbook app or website as the game is unfolding, and will post before the game is over. Exciting but risky, live betting is a fun way to add some excitement when you're watching the NFL.
- Parlays: Of course, you can parlay your bets together as you would with any league. Make sure you're confident that all your legs will hit, or the bet is a loss!
These bet types are available no matter whether you're betting on a pre-season game or the Super Bowl.
BETTING ON THE SUPER BOWL
Speaking of the Super Bowl, let's get into perhaps the biggest sports betting event in the world. No matter if you bet regularly or not, you know what the Super Bowl is.
Every February (it used to late January), the AFC and NFC Champion go head-to-head with the entire world watching. Betting on the Super Bowl really is no different than any other game, as the types of bets above will be your main go-tos.
The same goes for the top Super Bowl betting sites. The fantastic sportsbooks listed above (BetMGM, Caesars, FanDuel, etc), tend to have specials and boosts surrounding the Super Bowl (and the entire NFL season in general).
BENEFITS OF BETTING ON FOOTBALL ONLINE
There are numerous benefits for online betting when it comes to football. At the top of the list is convenience. In states that offer online sports betting, wagers placed through a mobile sportsbook app are the majority because it's quick, easy, and safe: just tap your bet and place your wager! Let's dive into some of the other benefits of the best legal, online sportsbooks:
With individual state gaming commissions overseeing the industry, safeguards are put into place for fair play. Bettors can rest assured that every legal online sportsbook operator is held to high standards, and if your bets wouldn't be technically legal, we won't promote betting with that operator. Plenty of users have gotten burned using offshore sportsbooks in the past, so having the legal option is always the better option.
SAFETY & ENCRYPTION
As part of the regulatory process, safe online sports betting is guaranteed. State gaming commissions regulate sports betting closely, including requiring sportsbooks to offer responsible gambling protections, encrypting your user information to protect your identity, and more. That also includes your banking info.
QUICK PAYOUTS & MULTIPLE PAYMENT OPTIONS
While protecting your banking info is important, so is getting your funds fast. The betting sites we have chosen are not only safe but also quick when it comes to withdrawals. Of course, you also have multiple payment and banking options at your disposal to either withdraw or deposit into your account to bet on the NFL online.
One of the most exciting ways to bet on NFL games is after the opening kickoff. Live in-game betting is one of the fastest growing betting markets among the best football betting sites. Dynamic betting lines are also available through prop bet options: these “what happens next” betting scenarios are tied to a ton of in-game events, including passing and rushing yards, field goal length, and just about anything you can bet on in the NFL.
Bonus offers with promo codes are a big part of the legal US sports betting industry. The best NFL betting sites start with a generous welcome offer for new customers. All of these sites will have a stand-alone section that lists all the available promotions on their website or mobile app.
The welcome offer could be a bonus matching an initial deposit into a new online betting account. Some US sportsbooks might offer a free-bet guarantee on the first sports bet placed. Any way you slice it, securing a solid welcome offer is really the first step towards placing a successful bet, so make sure to take a look at our bonus code offerings at the top of the page.
TIPS FOR CHOOSING THE BEST NFL BETTING SITE
At the end of the day, picking between BetMGM or FanDuel all comes down to personal preference. When perusing each NFL betting site on our list, see what stands out. Maybe the welcome bonus is attractive. Maybe the odds on a particular NFL game are all you need to see before placing a bet. Shopping lines and seeing how the odds fluctuate are key to online NFL betting and betting overall, so don't forget that as well!
FAQ: BEST NFL BETTING SITES
CAN I BET ON NFL GAMES ONLINE LEGALLY?
Yes, you can as long as you are in a state where online sports betting is permitted.
HOW DO I SIGN UP AT A SPORTSBOOK TO BET ON THE NFL?
The sign-up process at legal US sportsbooks is pretty simple. After registering online with basic account info, you fill out the proper information to verify both identity and eligibility for legally betting at that sportsbook. Then you deposit funds into your account to start betting on the NFL. Most times, any applicable bonus offer promo codes are activated with the money transfer.
WHAT IS THE MOST RELIABLE ONLINE NFL BETTING SITE?
The six US sportsbook operators on the list above (BetMGM, WynnBET, Caesars, FOX Bet, PointsBet and FanDuel) would be a good starting point for betting on the NFL online. Each of these legal US-based books have established themselves in the marketplace. More importantly, they are all backed by strong ownership groups.