Best Vermont Sportsbooks February 2024
Shortly after Vermont's House Ways & Means Committee officially submitted H 127, Vermont's chance at legal sports betting, the Vermont House and Senate passed it-- and Gov. Phil Scott signed the bill into law in June 2023. Sports betting is now legal in Vermont!
Sports betting went live on Jan. 11, 2024!
Here are the details:
- Three operators placed a bid for a Vermont sports betting license and were accepted, including Fanatics Sportsbook, FanDuel, and DraftKings.
- Each operator has a three-year contract.
Check out Fanatics and FanDuel's offers below!
WHEN CAN I BET ON SPORTS ONLINE IN VT?
Vermont passed its sports betting law in June 2023, and mobile betting is now live! The licenses are out for the three platforms allowed to operate in VT, so sports betting is available statewide on mobile phones and most internet-enabled devices!
- Try Daily Fantasy Sports (DFS) in Vermont
- Most Likely Vermont Sports Betting Sites
- Vermont Sports Betting Laws
- Vermont Sports Betting: Events and Betting Markets
- Common Payment Options
- Vermont Casinos
- Final Thoughts on Betting in Vermont
- Vermont Sports Betting FAQ
MOST LIKELY VERMONT SPORTSBOOKS
Now that Vermont has become one of the many states offering online sports betting, several players have entered the market. These include well-established legal DFS providers in the state that already offer sports betting in other states.
DraftKings is the largest daily fantasy sports betting provider in the United States, with over eight million active customers. DraftKings offers bettors a range of options to win real money betting on the performance of players and teams across several leagues and sports.
These include the NFL, NHL, MLB, NBA, and the PGA, in American leagues. There’s also Premier League and UEFA Champions League soccer, NASCAR motor sports, the Canadial Football League, Professional Tennis, MMA and the XFL.
DraftKings operated in many states that did not allow online sports betting. This was based on the understanding that DFS is a game of skill, not of chance. Also, players can use numbers and statistics to make informed choices, with success depending on their selecting skill.
However, in 2018, DraftKings opened its first official sportsbook in the United States, in New Jersey. Since then, DraftKings has begun handling mobile sports betting in states such as Indiana, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, and New Hampshire.
Now approved, DraftKings is among one of the first Vermont online sportsbooks.
Fanatics Sportsbook may be one of the new kids on the block, but they have a great platform and have expanded into multiple states thanks to their acquisition of PointsBet.
Competitive odds, a great parlay builder, and the ability to collect FanCash for either bonus bets or gear makes Fanatics Sportsbook a unique experience for sports bettors.
Vermont is lucky to have Fanatics in the fray.
You can take advantage of this offer now: Bet $100, Get $100 in Bonus Bets Every Day for 10 Days!
Must be 21+. GAMBLING PROBLEM? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
(CO/KY/MD/OH/MI/PA/TN/VA/VT/WV) or (888) 789-7777 or http://ccpg.org (CT), or 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA), or 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), (800)-327-5050 or http://gamblinghelplinema.org (MA), or www.mdgamblinghelp.org (MD), Call (877-8-HOPENY) or text HOPENY (467369) (NY), or http://1800gambler.net (WV)
Based in New York City, FanDuel is the second largest DFS provider in the United States, with over 6 million active players. Founded in 2009, it has quickly grown into a titanic force in the DFS betting world.
In 2016, FanDuel was about to merge with DraftKings, but the FTC ruled against the merger. Subsequently, FanDuel was purchased by Irish bookmaker Betfair, commencing a push towards online sports betting.
FanDuel opened its first sportsbook in New Jersey’s Meadowlands Racetrack in July 2018. Shortly thereafter, FanDuel announced a partnership with Scientific Games to provide mobile sports betting through their platform.
This move followed a more amicable attitude in many state legislatures towards sports betting, following the PASPA ruling. FanDuel is aggressively expanding to any state that legalizes sports betting.
Now that Vermont online sports betting is legalized and FanDuel is live, new bettors can take advantage of this offer: Bet $5, Get $150 in Bonus Bets if Your First Bet Wins!
VERMONT BETTING LAWS
Betting in Vermont was strictly prohibited unless the proceeds were donated to charity until June 2023, when H127 passed and allowed for digital sports betting statewide.
Casino games, slot machines, sports bookmakers were all illegal in Vermont unless they were for charity. But now, you can look forward to betting on sports right from your home!
Updated on : 02/29/2024
VERMONT SPORTSBOOKS: EVENTS AND BETTING MARKETS
Now that Vermont legalized online sports betting , you can expect many common types of betting markets to open up in the state.
COMMON TYPES OF BETS
The following common types of bets are available in Vermont:
- Moneyline bet: Moneyline bets are by and far the most common type of sports bet. In a moneyline bet, each team gets certain odds. You pick the winning team, and your stake is multiplied by the odds you were given. It’s a simple bet, perfect for novices.
- Point spread bet: Point spreads are a more complicated type of sports bet. The objective of point spreads is to balance the odds between two teams. It’s a bet for players with a better understanding of sports betting. The perceived favorite will get a certain number of points subtracted from their total. The underdog will get points added. You win if your pick “beats the spread”, performing better than what the oddsmakers expected.
- Over/under bet: Also known as betting on totals, over/under bets depend on what the final score of the match is. You bet on whether a team will finish the under, above or exactly at the score quoted by oddsmakers. It’s a relatively simple bet, with a lot of potential nuance.
- Handicap bet: Handicap betting is very similar to point spread betting. The main difference between the two is that point spreads are meant to balance a match. Handicaps, on the other hand, are simply meant to diversify betting options available to players. A match may offer different odds for several different team handicaps.
- Special bet: Special bets include very specific events in matches. They include the first team to score, specific players to score, and scoring before specific times.
- Parlay bet: Parlay bets combine multiple different bets into a single ticket, with potentially huge payouts.
MOST POPULAR SPORTS TO BET ON
With Vermont online sports betting legalized, we see the following sports available at online bookmakers:
- National Football League
- Major League Baseball
- National Basketball Association
- National Hockey League
- Women’s National Basketball Association
- Premier League Soccer
- UEFA Champions League Soccer
- World Cup Soccer
- Professional Tennis
- Professional Boxing/MMA
- Horse racing
- NASCAR and Formula 1 motor racing
POPULAR VERMONT EVENTS
The state of Vermont hosts many different sporting events. Some are hosted only occasionally, alternating with other states, while others are annually hosted in VT.
- Vermont 100 Mile Endurance Run: Annual ultramarathon event where participants can run alongside horses (on separate, contiguous trails).
In the past, Vermont has hosted several major sporting events, such as:
- 1997 3 Nations Cup
- 2003 American East Conference Baseball Tournament
- 2005 American East Conference Baseball Tournament
- 2006 American East Conference Baseball Tournament
- 2009 International Quidditch Association World Cup III
- 2012 IIHF Women's World Championship
- 2013 NCAA Skiing Championships
BEST TEAMS TO BET ON
Vermont has multiple professional and college sports teams across multiple disciplines.
- Vermont Bucks: Indoor football team in the Can-Am Indoor Football League, based in St. Albans.
- Vermont Catamounts Soccer: Men’s soccer team. NCAA Division I. Based in Burlington.
- Green Mountain Roller Derby: Women's Flat Track Derby Association. Based in Green Mountain.
- Vermont Catamounts Hockey: NCAA Division I ice hockey. Based in Burlington.
- Saint Michael's Purple Knights: NCAA I/II skiing and hockey, NCAA II baseball, basketball and others. Based in Colchester.
COMMON PAYMENT OPTIONS
There are many payment options commonly available in online casinos and sportsbooks. Vermont operators offer some of the following payment methods:
- Facebook Pay
Previous Vermont legislation prohibits all forms of betting, with the exception of recently-legalized digital sports betting.
There are currently no Vermont online casinos.
There is tremendous competition among online casinos in virtually every legal market they can access. If Vermont joins the ranks of states enacting pro-gambling reforms, a wave of online casinos would open their doors.
Even though Vermont online casinos are not legal yet, the demand for them is high. The best online casino brands such as BetMGM, Caesars Palace Online Casino, and DraftKings are available for all players wishing to play online in a neighboring state.
Casino games include slots, roulette, blackjack, poker, and baccarat, among others. The online sportsbooks feature many different sports that players can wager on. All products are accessible through the operators’ websites or mobile apps.
DAILY FANTASY SPORTS (DFS) IN VERMONT
DFS betting is completely legal and regulated in the state.
Vermont rushed to legalize daily fantasy sports in 2017, among a wave of similar bills in many states. Multiple state authorities worried about losing online customers across state lines to more favorable legislative climates.
That’s how Vermont became the second state to legalize DFS in 2017 (and the 12th overall). Today, DFS operators are free to offer their services in Vermont, with many notable examples. Prominent operators in the state include PrizePicks.
FINAL THOUGHTS ON BETTING IN VERMONT
After many years of virtual nonexistence, Vermont online sports betting has finally become law! Keep an eye on this guide to the best sportsbooks in Vermont for info on where to bet, promo and bonus codes, and more.
VERMONT ONLINE SPORTS BETTING FAQ
The following are some of the most common questions from players regarding Vermont online sports betting.
ARE SPORTS BETTING SITES LEGAL IN THE UNITED STATES?
It all depends on the state that you’re located in (and what you mean by sports betting websites). Daily fantasy sports betting websites are legal in most of the United States, classified as games of skill, not chance.
On the other hand, after the Supreme Court struck down the federal sports betting ban in 2018, states like Pennsylvania and New Jersey have fully legalized and regulated sports betting websites in general. This provoked several operators in popping up in the following months.
WHAT DO I NEED TO REGISTER AT AN ONLINE BETTING SITE IN VERMONT?
Now that sportsbooks have launched in Vermont, the sign-up process is relatively easy. You just need basic info to get started -- don't forget to check for the best promo codes for sportsbooks in VT!
IS IT SAFE TO DEPOSIT MONEY AT SPORTS BETTING SITES IN VERMONT?
Now that betting is legal and launched in VT, any licensed operator is perfectly safe for depositing your money. The Vermont Board of Liquor and Lottery oversee their operations and handle any complaints or violations.
CAN I SET BETTING LIMITS?
Absolutely. Virtually all licensed and regulated online bookmakers and casinos offer betting limits. Players can set limits for themselves to pace their play to whatever level they’re comfortable with.