For the information on how to delete or block cookies, please see the section How can I change my cookie settings? below. However, before you take any action with regard to cookies, we warmly advise you to read this policy.
WHICH INFORMATION CAN YOU FIND IN THIS POLICY
- Essential cookies
- Preference and functionality cookies
- Analytics cookies
- Marketing cookies
- Third party cookies
Other technologies, including data we store on your web browser or device, identifiers associated with your device and other software are used for similar purposes. In this policy, we refer to all of these technologies as “cookies.”
Cookies can be classified by their lifespan, the domain to which they belong and place of storage.
By lifespan, cookies are either:
- session cookies which are erased when the user closes the browser - session cookies only last for as long as the session (usually the current visit to a website or a browser session).
- persistent cookies which remain on the user's computer/device for a pre-defined period of time (unless deleted by the user before the expiry date). Persistent cookies help us to recognize you, so it's easier to return to our Website or interact with our service without having to sign in or change your settings every time. After you sign in, a persistent cookie stays in your browser and will be read again when you return to our site.
As for the domain to which it belongs, there are either:
- first-party cookies which are set by the web server of the visited page and share the same domain or
Taking into account where cookies are stored, there are:browser cookies that are sent by a website and stored on the user's browser. Browser cookies store less than Flash cookies and only the browser where the cookies are stored may access them.Flash cookies are known as local shared objects and they are different from browser cookies because of the amount, type and manner in which the data is stored. They are stored outside of the browser and they may be accessed by multiple browser on same computer.
WHICH COOKIES DO WE USE AND WHAT IS THEIR PURPOSE?
We use all types of cookies that are explained above. A detailed description of our cookies, their functions and sources can be found below.
Essential cookies are necessary for our website to work effectively. They help make the website usable by enabling basic functionalities like page navigation and access to secure areas of the website. This type of cookies may be used to protect and accelerate our website by automatically optimizing the delivery of our content. This is how you get the fastest page load times and best performance. Also, essential cookies may be used for security reasons and to identify our trusted visitors. They may filter bots and distinguish them from legitimate users, preventing any form of spam activity on our website.
These cookies do not correspond to any user ID in our web application, nor do the cookies store any personally identifiable information. We advise you not to switch off these cookies. If you set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, please be aware that after doing so, some parts of the web page may not work.
Preference and functionality cookies
Preference cookies enable a website to remember information that changes the way the website behaves or looks - for instance your preferred language or the region that you are in. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for such as watching a video or using a live chat service.
Analytics cookies help website owners to understand how visitors interact with websites by collecting and reporting information anonymously. We use analytics cookies in order to analyse information about how our website is being used. Analytics cookies can process information about the number of visitors to the website, where visitors to the website came from, the pages they visit, scrolling activities, downloads, information about user agent, time spent on the website and approximate geo-location of a device that you use to access our website. We use this information to compile reports that help us to improve the website. Reports may be visually presented through heat maps and anonymized screen recordings. All data we process by use of this type of cookies are presented in an aggregated form and/or pseudonymized.
We mainly use analytics cookies provided by Google Analytics and Clicky. However, please be aware that we may use analytics cookies provided by other companies which services we may also use for analytics and analytical purposes.
For the purpose of regular functioning of marketing services, marketing cookies are used. Marketing cookies are used to track visitors across websites. The intention is to display advertisements that are relevant and engaging for the individual user.
For marketing purposes we use Eloqua, and Adform marketing tools. They serve to personalize the way we communicate with you. If you accept to receive advertising material, marketing cookies help us to evaluate your personal preferences toward specific content that we further use to deliver advertising material to you that corresponds to your preferences.
Please be aware that we may use marketing cookies provided by other companies whose services we may use for marketing purposes. Also, third party cookies (see the section below) may be placed by our partners in order to promote their products. Promotional activities may include inter alia providing interstitial advertisement.
Third party cookies
Third parties may set cookies when you visit our Website. Sometimes that is because we have hired the third party to provide services on our behalf. In other cases, it is because our web pages contain advertisements from third parties, or content such as videos and news. Because your browser connects to those third parties’ web servers to retrieve that content, third parties are able to set or read their own cookies on your device and may collect information about your online activities across websites or online services. Finally, in some cases third party tracking cookies may also be necessary for the effective use of affiliate links and the performance of any affiliate agreements we have in place.
HOW CAN I CHANGE MY COOKIE SETTINGS?
You may at any time choose to disable some or all of the cookies. You have several ways to do disable cookies.
Opt-out from third party service we use
You can opt-out from being tracked by some of the third party service providers we mainly rely on, by the following instructions they provide:
Changing browser settings
The most used web browsers allow you to manage the majority of cookies through the browser’s settings. Keep in mind that if you limit the ability of websites to set cookies, you may worsen your overall user experience, since it (inter alia) will no longer be personalized to you.
If you still do not want to receive cookies from our Website, you can change your browser settings on a device you are using to access our services. Below you can find short instructions on how to disable cookies on the most popular Internet browsers. Also, you can find links to the cookie management section for the most popular Internet browsers. Please carefully read the following instructions:
- Internet Explorer: Click on the Tools button, then on Internet Options. In the General tab, choose Browsing history, click on Settings. Then click Select files and select the Cookie(s) you wish to disable. Then close the window containing the list of Cookies and click twice on OK to return to internet. More instructions available here.
- Firefox browser: Click on the Firefox Menu icon, then on the Tools button, then Options; in the window that appears, select Privacy and collect Remove Specific Cookies. Select the Cookies you wish to disable then remove them. More instructions available here.
- Safari: click on the Settings button, then on Preferences. In the window that appears, choose Privacy/Security and click on Show Cookies. Select the Cookies you wish to disable then click on Delete or Delete All. More instructions available here.
- Chrome: click on the Google Chrome menu, then Settings. At the bottom of the page, click on Advanced Settings. In the Privacy section, click on Content Settings. To disable cookies:
- Select Block sites from storing any data;
- Click on Cookies and site data then move the mouse over the website which created the Cookie, and click on X in the right corner, or click on Remove All.
- Safari (mobile) - For more information please visit the following link.
How to disable Flash cookies
Changing browser settings will not remove Flash cookies. If you would like to disable Flash cookies, you can get the instructions here. If you disable Flash cookies, you will not have access to many features that make your experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly.
We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on cookie use.