Last Updated Aug 30, 2021, 9:44 AM
Grizzlies vs. Jazz Predictions, Odds, Preview
The Utah Jazz are looking to become the first Western Conference team to advance to the second round as they welcome in the Memphis Grizzlies for Game 5 of their opening round series.
Grizzlies vs. Jazz Betting Resources
- Matchup: Western Conference Playoffs
- Expert Picks: Vegas Insiders
- Venue: Vivint Smart Home Arena
- Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
- Date: Wednesday, June 2, 2021
- Time: 9:30 p.m. ET
- TV: NBATV
- Bet: BetMGM | BetRivers | FanDuel | bet365 | DraftKings | Best Sportsbooks
Betting Odds - Grizzlies vs. Jazz
Subject to Change
- Spread: Jazz -9.5
- Money-Line: Utah -500, Memphis +400
- Total: 229
Popular NBA Betting Stories
Ja Morant and the Grizzlies look to stay alive on Wednesday night as they head to Utah down 3-1. (AP)
Grizzlies vs. Jazz Current Form
One game never makes a series, but the eighth-seeded Grizzlies pulled off a shocker in Game 1 against the Jazz, 112-109 as 7.5-point underdogs.
Granted, the Jazz played without All-Star guard Donovan Mitchell, who was on the tail-end of an ankle injury that kept him sidelined for 18 games.
Since Mitchell returned for Game 2, it's been all Utah with the Jazz winning each of the last three games to grab a commanding 3-1 series edge.
Utah hopes to avoid a repeat from last season's playoff bubble in which the Jazz squandered a 3-1 series edge in a heartbreaking seven-game series defeat to the Nuggets.
In the two victories at FedEx Forum, Utah shot lights out from three-point range. In Game 3, the Jazz knocked down 19-of 43 attempts from downtown, highlighted by seven treys from former Grizzlies' guard Mike Conley in a 121-111 triumph.
In Monday's 120-113 victory in Game 4, the Jazz converted on 17-of-34 three-pointers, while Mitchell did most of his damage from the foul line by hitting all 13 attempts for a game-high 30 points.
Ja Morant put up 47 points in a Game 2 loss at Utah, but last season's Rookie of the Year combined for 51 points in the two home defeats.
Jazz vs. Grizzlies Head-to-Head
- May 31, 2021 - Jazz 120 at Grizzlies 113, Utah -5.5, Over 225
- May 29, 2021 - Jazz 121 at Grizzlies 111, Utah -5.5, Over 224.5
- May 26, 2021 - Jazz 141 vs. Grizzlies 129, Utah -10, Over 219.5
- May 23, 2021 - Grizzlies 112 at Jazz 109, Memphis +8, Over 216.5
- Mar. 31, 2021 - Jazz 111 at Grizzlies 107, Memphis +6, Under 225
- Mar. 27, 2021 - Jazz 126 vs. Grizzlies 110, Utah -9, Over 227.5
- Mar. 26, 2021 - Jazz 117 vs. Grizzlies 114, Memphis +10, Over 229
(SU-Straight Up, ATS - Against the Spread, OU - Over-Under)
Memphis Grizzlies Betting Outlook
Inside the Stats (2020-2021)
- Overall: 41-37 SU, 44-34 ATS, 40-38 OU
- Road: 22-17 SU, 24-15 ATS, 25-14 OU
Since going on a 7-1 'under' run that stretched to their play-in tournament win over the Spurs, the Grizzlies are riding a 5-0 'over' span the last five contests.
Memphis has rolled to a 9-4 ATS mark in the last 13 opportunities as a road underdog, although the Grizzlies failed to cash in their last opportunity in Game 2 as 10-point 'dogs, 141-129.
Utah Jazz Betting Outlook
Inside the Stats (2020-2021)
- Overall: 55-21 SU, 44-32 ATS, 37-38-1 OU
- Home: 32-6 SU, 24-14 ATS, 18-20 OU
The Jazz are currently on a 4-6 ATS stretch as a favorite of nine points or more, while going 2-2 SU/ATS at home against the Grizzlies this season.
This is the only series that has seen all 'overs' hit so far, although the total remains in the 225 range for the third straight game.
Game 2 with Mitchell back in the lineup closed with a 220.5 total, as the Jazz have yet to cash the 'over' in five consecutive games this season.
- SG Sean McDermott: Ankle - Out
Grizzlies vs. Jazz Prediction
Favorites have completely dominated this first round and taking the points just have not been the smart play. The Jazz are shooting extremely well and coming back home, Utah should finish off Memphis and advance to the second round.