Last Updated Aug 10, 2022, 6:42 PM
NBA PLAYOFFS PICKS, PREDICTIONS, ODDS
Sports Betting Expert
The 2022-23 NBA Season will begin on October 18th, 2022 and end on April 9th with the Golden State Warriors looking to defend their title after outlasting the Boston Celtics in last year's NBA Finals. The Celtics enter ad the preseason title favorite at +450, with the Warriors (+600), Bucks (+650), Clippers (+700), and Suns (+850) coming in closely behind; while squads like the Heat (+1200), Sixers (+1200), Lakers (+1200), and Nets (+1600) open at the forefront of the mid-range longshots. Nikola Jokic won his second straight MVP award for the Denver Nuggets last season; however, he enters the preseason with the fourth-best odds to win this year's award, with Joel Embiid (+450), Luka Doncic (+450), and Giannis Antetokounmpo (+550) all receiving a slight edge over Denver's big man.
2022-23 NBA FINALS ODDS
- Boston Celtics +450
- Golden State Warriors +600
- Milwaukee Bucks +650
- Los Angeles Clippers +700
- Phoenix Suns +850
- Miami Heat +1200
- Philadelphia 76ers +1200
- Los Angeles Lakers +1200
- Brooklyn Nets +1600
- Denver Nuggets +1800
- Dallas Mavericks +2000
- Memphis Grizzlies +2200
- Toronto Raptors +2800
- Minnesota Timberwolves +3300
- New Orleans Pelicans +4000
- Atlanta Hawks +5000
- Chicago Bulls +5000
- New York Knicks +7000
- Portland Trail Blazers +8000
- Utah Jazz +10000
- Charlotte Hornets +10000
- Cleveland Cavaliers +10000
- Washington Wizards +15000
- Indiana Pacers +25000
- Oklahoma City Thunder +25000
- Sacramento Kings +50000
- Houston Rockets +500000
- Detroit Pistons +500000
- San Antonio Spurs +50000
- Orlando Magic +50000
Odds Provided by bet365 - Subject to Change - Updated: Wed., Aug. 10 - 4:35 PM ET
2022-23 NBA BETTING RESOURCES
- NBA Futures
- NBA MVP Odds
- NBA Rookie of the Year Odds
- NBA Coach of the Year Odds
- NBA Defensive Player of the Year Odds
- NBA Most Improved Player of the Year Odds
- NBA Sixth Man of the Year Odds
BETTING ON THE NBA
Best NBA Betting Sites:
Where to bet on the NBA:
2022 NBA PLAYOFF BETTING RESULTS
|Round||Favorites-Dogs (SU)||Favorites-Dogs (ATS)||Over-Under|
|Overall Results||Favorites-Dogs (SU)||Favorites-Dogs (ATS)||Over-Under|
HOW DO I READ THE PLAYOFF PROPS ODDS?
For example, the Milwaukee Bucks odds of making the 2021 NBA Playoffs are listed at Yes (-6000) and No (+1600).
If you bet $100 on the Bucks to be one of the eight teams to make the playoffs in the Eastern Conference, you would win $1.66 on "Yes" wagers. Or in order to win $100 on the Bucks-Yes combination, then you would have to risk $6,000.
Bettors believing that the Bucks could stumble this season or perhaps injuries could wreck their season, a "No" wager would bring back a return of 16/1 odds (Bet $100 to win $1,600).
NBA PLAYOFF HISTORY
The Milwaukee Bucks defeated the Phoenix Suns in six games of the 2021 NBA Finals.
NBA PLAYOFF SCOREBOARD
The NBA Scoreboard not only provides the scores for the NBA Playoffs, but so much more.
The key feature is the Betting Odds and the NBA Scores provides a consensus line that is created by multiple sportsbooks in the United States. The Betting Odds display which team is the favorite in the matchup and that can be determined with a minus (-) sign followed by a number.
Also, the NBA Scores section features Betting Trends for each matchup and this shows you how much money is being wagered on each team. It’s a great tool if you want to ride or against the betting public. Another great resource is the Line Movements because knowing how a sportsbook adjusts to the action.
If you are in a state where sports betting is legal, please check out our online sportsbook directory to find the best and most secure places to make bets on today's NBA games.
NBA PLAYOFF FORMAT
"THE FIRST TO WIN 16"
After the field of 16 is determined, the first team to win four best-of-seven series will be deemed the NBA Champion.
In each of the best-of-seven series, the team with the higher seed will have home-court advantage and they will host the first two games.
The lower seed will then host the next two games and the remaining three games, if necessary, will be alternated with the higher seed hosting Game 5 and 7 while the lower seed hosts Game 6.
In simple terms, the NBA Playoffs Format for a best-of-seven can be viewed as 2-2-1-1-1.
NBA PLAYOFF BETTING TYPES
- Money-line: This is an easy one. Simply pick which team will win outright. Say the Lakers are up against Clippers in a series matchup – pick one team over the other to bring home the win. New bettors especially bet on the money-line as it's the simplest way to bet on a game.
- Point-Spread: Like money-line, here you choose a team to win or lose outright. However, the difference lies in guessing how much they win/lose by. This number is a specific points total set by the sportsbooks. Our advice? Check out the team’s average points per game over the season.
- Totals: Also called over/under, this bet determines whether the final score will – combined – will be over or under what the sportsbook thinks.
- Props: This betting market continues to rise in popularity and betting on both specific player and team statistics will increase your viewing pleaure.
- Live Betting: Forgot to put your bet in? No problem, just pull up the latest Live Betting markets or what many also call In-Game Wagering. These wagers can allow you to press, chase or even get out of wagers that you don't want any part of. The options are limitless and the action is Live!
- Futures: Feeling the itch to bet already? Futures can be placed weeks or sometimes months ahead of the game. For example, maybe you think the Boston Celtics will bring it home this year in your NBA Playoffs Picks. Place a bet now ahead of the postseason to get in on the ground floor. Just pay attention as the odds can change, and your choice can even be knocked out!
- Parlays: Called accumulator bets in the UK, parlays are a series of bets. The NBA Playoffs is the perfect time for parlays, where you can lay down a small bet of say $10 across five games. Win all five and you could be looking at a hefty return with your NBA Playoff Picks.