Oct 05, 2021
Tech Trends - Week 5
Don't miss out on expert NFL selections from Bruce Marshall this season on VegasInsider.com. Click to win!
Week 5 of the NFL regular season will offer up three days of betting action, starting on Thursday, Oct. 7 and ending on Monday, Oct. 11.
We've identified betting trends and angles for all of the 16 matchups.
Also, we have "Tech Edge" leans on the side or total for each game too.
Straight Up (SU), Against the Spread (ATS), Over-Under (O/U)
Thursday, Oct. 7
L.A. RAMS at SEATTLE (FOX/NFLN - 8:20 p.m. ET)
- Rams have covered 4 of last 5 meetings but have lost close decisions SU last two years in reg season at Seattle. (Rams did win WC game at Sea last season)
- Rams “over” last six since late LY, with four of last five meetings at Seattle (including playoffs LY) “over” as well.
Tech Edge: “Over” and Rams, based on “totals” and team trends.
Sunday, Oct. 10
N.Y. JETS vs. ATLANTA (at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, London) (NFLN - 9:30 a.m. ET)
- Jets got off the deck with their first win of 2021 last week, but still just 1-4 SU and vs. line since late 2020.
- N.Y. 2-8 vs. spread last ten away from MetLife.
- N.Y. “under” 6-2 last eight since late 2020.
- Falcons 1-5 last six as chalk.
Tech Edge: “Under,” based on Jets’ totals trends.
MIAMI at TAMPA BAY (CBS - 1:00 p.m. ET)
- Dolphins have covered 12 of last 17 away from Hard Rock.
- Bucs only 3-3-1 last seven laying chalk at home, also 6-3 “over” since late 2020.
Tech Edge: Dolphins and slight to “over,” based on team and “totals” trends.
PHILADELPHIA at CAROLINA (FOX - 1:00 p.m. ET)
- Birds on 4-8 spread slide since late 2020 (1-3 TY).
- Even after Dallas loss, Panthers still 3-1 SU and vs. line, also “under” 6-1 since late 2020.
Tech Edge: Panthers and “under,” based on team and “totals” trends.
NEW ORLEANS at WASHINGTON (CBS - 1:00 p.m. ET)
- Saints have covered 6 of last 8 away from home, also “under” six of last seven since late 2020.
- Wash 1-3 vs. line in early 2021, though have covered 5 of last 7 as dog (0-1 TY).
Tech Edge: Slight to “under,” based on Saints' totals trends.
TENNESSEE at JACKSONVILLE (CBS - 1:00 p.m. ET)
- Teams have split the four spread decisions since 2019.
- Titans “over” 8-1 last 9 away.
- Jags no covers last four as host.
Tech Edge: “Over” and slight to Titans, based on “totals” and team trends.
DETROIT at MINNESOTA (FOX - 1:00 p.m. ET)
- Vikes have won and covered 6 of last 7 meetings though the L came in most-recent clash in final week of 2020.
- Zimmer had dropped 8 in a row vs. line prior to recent covers vs. Cards and Seahawks.
- Vikes also “over” 13-6-1 since LY despite low-scoring game last week vs. Browns.
- Lions “over” 12-8 since 2020 though "under" past two weeks.
Tech Edge: “Over” and slight to Vikings, based on totals and series trends.
DENVER at PITTSBURGH (FOX - 1:00 p.m. ET)
- Broncos 3-1 SU and vs. line in 2021, 4-1 vs. line last five dating to late 2020 campaign.
- Denver “under” first four in 2021.
- Steel 1-5 vs. line last 6 at Heinz Field, and “under” first four as well in 2021.
Tech Edge: Broncos and “under,” based on team and “totals” trends.
GREEN BAY at CINCINNATI (FOX - 1:00 p.m. ET)
- Pack 6-3 vs. line as visitor since LY (no count NO opener at J’ville).
- GB also on 6-2 “over” run since late 2020.
- Cincy 5-2 last seven as Paul Brown dog.
Tech Edge: Slight to “over,” based on totals trends.
NEW ENGLAND at HOUSTON (CBS - 1:00 p.m. ET)
- Belichick “under” 4-0 in 2021, 7-1 last seven since late 2020, and “under” 15-5 since late 2019.
- Belichick has also lost the last two seasons at Houston.
- Texans “over” 4-2 since late 2020.
Tech Edge: “Under,” based on extended Patriots’ “under” trends.
CHICAGO at LAS VEGAS (CBS - 4:05 p.m. ET)
- Bears 2-6 vs. points last eight on road.
- Raiders however just 3-7 vs. line in Vegas since LY.
- Gruden “over” 14-5-1 since 2020.
Tech Edge: “Over,” based on “totals” trends.
CLEVELAND at L.A. CHARGERS (CBS - 4:05 p.m. ET)
- After win at Minnesota, Browns have covered 6 of last 7 away.
- Bolts have covered 7 of last 8 since late LY, also “under” first four in 2020.
Tech Edge: Slight to “under,” based on “totals” trends.
N.Y. GIANTS at DALLAS (FOX - 4:25 p.m. ET)
- After last week's shocker at new Orleans, G-Men try to extend stunning 11-1 road dog mark last 12 in role.
- N.Y. had failed to cover four straight in Arlington prior to last season.
- Dallas has covered 5 of last 6 at Jerry Jones AT&T Stadium.
- “Overs” 4 of last 5 in series, though G-Men “under” 14-5-1 since LY.
Tech Edge: Giants, based on team trends.
SAN FRANCISCO at ARIZONA (FOX - 4:25 p.m. ET)
- Cards 5-1-1 vs. line last seven in series, though lost at home in a crucial late-season defeat last Dec. 26.
- Niners 4-1 vs. line last five away since late 2020.
- Kingsbury only 1-5 vs. spread last six at Glendale.
Tech Edge: Slight to Niners, based on recent trends.
BUFFALO at KANSAS CITY (NBC - 8:20 p.m. ET)
- Chiefs won and covered both meetings LY including AFC title game.
- The latter is one of only three KC covers in its last 15 games overall.
- Bills have won and covered last three resoundingly in 2021 after opening loss to Steelers.
Tech Edge: Patriots and “under,” based on Belichick team and Totals trends.
Monday, Oct. 11
INDIANAPOLIS at BALTIMORE (ESPN, 8:15 p.m. ET)
- With Rivers LY, Colts covered their last six games away, and now 1-1 vs. line away in 2021 after win at Miami
- Ravens have covered last four at M&T Bank Stadium.
Tech Edge: Slight to Colts, based on extended trends.