Mar 30, 2022
Great Dane Nation: Episode 82 - Steve Hutchinson
On the 82nd episode of “Great Dane Nation,” Morten is joined by his Pro Football Hall of Fame brother and Seahawks-Vikings legend Steve Hutchinson (07:11 – 58:12). But first, he checks in with TommyFreezePops (Tom Carroll) for this week’s edition of the “Opening Kick” (01:00 – 06:23). This week, Morten makes a major show announcement, as VegasInsider’s Stephanie Otey is joining the show as a new cohost for the spring season! Her first episode with Morten and FreezePops is next week.
We then move to our interview with Steve Hutchinson, where he discusses a wide range of topics:
- how Morten was able to make a few dollars while listening to Hutch’s induction speech (08:24)
- running through his Pro Football Hall of Fame journey, and the process of waiting his turn for his “Hall of Fame knock” (09:41)
- what that gold jacket means to him (13:12)
- Morten and Hutch’s wild weekend in Los Angeles, and why Hutch had to warn the new Pro Football Hall of Fame inductees to watch out for Morten (15:58)
- his thoughts on Russell Wilson being traded to the Denver Broncos (17:59)
- the state of the Seahawks, and why Hutch is not concerned with Pete Carroll’s age (20:58)
- what he makes of new Vikings head coach Kevin O’Connell (24:22)
- why he feels the Vikings can win now with Kirk Cousins (27:46)
- blocking for three of the greatest running backs in NFL history – Shaun Alexander, Adrian Peterson and Chris Johnson (30:15)
- what he learned playing with John Randle, and why blocking guys with multiple moves is the most difficult part of the game (32:51)
- playing guard in today’s NFL, and who he thinks is the best guard in today’s game (36:45)
- who he thinks is the greatest guard in NFL history (41:39)
- playing college football with Tom Brady, and why he wasn’t surprised by anything that happened with Brady this offseason (43:20)
- why he’s happy that Jim Harbaugh is heading back to Michigan after rumors swirled this offseason of him pursuing an opportunity in the NFL (45:43)
- and this week’s edition of “The Name Game,” featuring Walter Jones, Mike Holmgren, Matt Hasselbeck, Jerry Rice, Lofa Tatupu, Robbie Tobeck, Brett Favre, Jared Allen, Randy Moss and Mike Munchak (46:49).
Finally, we close things out with “Morten’s Game Winner” – a weekly monologue from The Great Dane on his biggest takeaway of the week. This week, Morten talks about Steve Hutchinson, and why there is no question that Hutch would be on Morten’s all-time “dream team” (59:06).