Last Updated Aug 30, 2021, 13:52 PM
Tech Trends - Week 5
Don't miss out on expert NFL selections from Bruce Marshall this season on VegasInsider.com. Click to win!
College Football - Week 6
Week 5 of the NFL season kicks off on Thursday, Oct. 8 and we've identified betting trends and angles for all 16 matchups. We also have "Tech Edge" leans on the side or total for each game too.
Straight Up (SU), Against the Spread (ATS), Over-Under (O/U)
Thursday, Oct. 8
TAMPA BAY at CHICAGO
- Note that underdog team 3-1 in Bears games this season.
- If Bears are dogs here, note only 1-5 as dog since 2019 after 9-2-1 as home dog previous three seasons.
- Arians teams “over” 30-13 dating to mid 2016 & Arizona days.
Tech Edge: “Over” and slight to Bears, based on “totals” and recent trends.
Sunday, Oct. 11
CAROLINA at ATLANTA
- Into Green bay last Monday, Falcs 0-3 vs. line TY, though they’ve won and covered last five in series.
- Atlanta also “over” first three in 2020.
- Panthers “over” 14-6-1last 21 since late 2018 (2-1-1 “over” for Rhule).
Tech Edge: “Over” and slight to Falcons, based on “totals” and series trends.
LAS VEGAS at KANSAS CITY
- Into Patriots game last Monday, Chiefs 12-0 SU, 11-1 vs. line last 12 since mid 2019.
- KC has won last 5 SU vs. Raiders and 4-1 vs. line in those games.
- Also covered four straight in series at Arrowhead after road-oriented trends prior.
- Raiders “over” first four in 2020 after 6-1 “under” to close 2019.
Tech Edge: Chiefs and slight to “over,” based on team and ‘totals” trends.
L.A. RAMS at WASHINGTON
- McVay narrowly failed to get cover at Bills, so he’s 7-1 SU and vs. line last eight early kickoffs in Eastern Time Zone or London.
- Rams are also 8-3 vs. points last 11 as visitor.
- Football Team on 7-13-1 spread skid since late 2018, 3-7-1 last eleven vs. line at FedEx.
- Washington “over” 6-1 last seven, and Rams “over” last four away.
Tech Edge: Rams and “over,” based on team and “totals” trends.
JACKSONVILLE at HOUSTON
- Jags have covered 4 of last 6 as dog, though Houston has won last 3 SU in series, covering three.
- But Texans no wins or covers last five in reg season, 2-8-1 overall last eleven vs. line since late 2019.
- Last four “under” in series.
Tech Edge: “Under” and Jags, based on “totals” and recent trends.
ARIZONA at N.Y. JETS
- Jets 0-4 SU and vs. line after Denver loss.
- Kingsbury 12-7-1 vs. spread since taking over Cards LY.
- Arizona surprising 3-0-1 “under” in 2020.
Tech Edge: Cards, based on recent trends.
PHILADELPHIA at PITTSBURGH
- Into last Sunday night at 49ers, Birds no wins or covers last four since late 2019, also 7-13 vs. spread since beginning of 2019, so perhaps that was a corner-turning win and cover at Levi's.
- Even with SF win, Philly just 14-23 vs. line since Super Bowl win over Pats.
Tech Edge: Steelers, based on recent trends.
CINCINNATI at BALTIMORE
- Ravens had 14-game SU reg season win streak snapped by Chiefs.
- Also were 11-1 vs. line previous 12 reg season games prior to KC.
- Cincy has actually covered 4 of last 5 in series though lost last meeting 49-13 in 2019.
- Bengals 10-3 last 13 as visiting dog.
Tech Edge: Slight to Ravens, based on team trends.
MIAMI at SAN FRANCISCO
- Dolphins 11-5 last 16 vs. spread since mid 2019 for Flores.
- Miami also 6-2 last 8 as road dog.
- Dolphins also “over” 8-3 last 11 since mid 2019 (2-2 “over” in 2020).
- After Eagles last Sunday night, Niners still 7-4 “over” their last 11, but just 3-5-1 last 9 as Levi’s chalk.
Tech Edge: “Over” and Dolphins, based on “totals” and team trends.
N.Y. GIANTS at DALLAS
- Cowboys have now won and covered last six in series.
- G-Men however are 2-0 as road dog TY and now 11-3 in role since 2018.
- Dallas 0-4 vs. line in 2020.
Tech Edge: Slight to Giants, based on team trends.
INDIANAPOLIS at CLEVELAND
- Browns have now covered alst two after 5-12-1 spread skid, and are 4-2-1 last 7 vs. line at home.
- Colts, however, have won and covered last three in 2020.
Tech Edge: Slight to Colts, based on recent trends.
MINNESOTA at SEATTLE
- Vikes have notched a pair of spread covers in a row, though did lose on Monday, last Dec. 2 at Seattle (37-30).
- Hawks have squeezed out a couple of home covers in their 3-0 start, also “over” 4-0-1 since late 2019.
Tech Edge: “Over,” based on “totals” trends.
Monday, Oct. 12
L.A. CHARGERS at NEW ORLEANS
- Saints just 2-5 last seven vs. line at Superdome.
- New Orleans “over” first four in 2020 and 6 of 7 since late 2019.
Tech Edge: “Over,” based on “totals” trends.
Tuesday, Oct. 13
BUFFALO at TENNESSEE
- Bills covered at Raiders but still just 1-4 vs. line last five away. Though they have won and covered last two years vs. Titans.
- Bills “over” all four in 2020 after “under” 15-4 previous 19.
- Titans 12-4 SU with Tannehill at QB and 3-0 SU but 0-3 vs. line in 2020.
- Tennessee also on 12-4 “over” run.
Tech Edge: Slight to “over” and Titans, based on “totals’ and team trends.