Last Updated Aug 30, 2021, 13:52 PM
Tech Trends - Week 6
Don't miss out on expert NFL selections from Bruce Marshall this season on VegasInsider.com. Click to win!
College Football - Week 7
Week 6 of the NFL season kicks off on Sunday, Oct. 18 and we've identified betting trends and angles for all 14 matchups. We also have "Tech Edge" leans on the side or total for each game too.
Straight Up (SU), Against the Spread (ATS), Over-Under (O/U)
Sunday, Oct. 18
CHICAGO at CAROLINA
- Bears have won and covered first two on road in 2020 after dropping last six vs. spread away from Soldier Field in 2019.
- Rhule has won and covered last three in 2020.
- Chicago on 20-8 “under” run since late 2018 (“over” first 2 away, however), though Panthers on 7-3-1 “over” run since mid 2019.
Tech Edge: Slight to Panthers and “under,” based on team and extended “totals” trends.
DETROIT at JACKSONVILLE
- Lions 1-12 SU last 13, Patricia no covers last four as chalk.
- Jags 3-2 as home dog since LY Lions “over” 13-7 last 20.
Tech Edge: Jags, especially if dog, and slight to “over” based on team and “totals” trends.
ATLANTA at MINNESOTA
- Falcs still winless 0-5 SU in 2020, but did have a five-game road spread cover streak finally stopped by Pack last Monday.
- Atlanta “over” 6-3 last nine away.
- Vikes “over” 11-5 last 16 reg-season games after Seattle last Sunday night.
Tech Edge: “Over,” based on “totals” trends.
HOUSTON at TENNESSEE
- Titans were the odd 3-0 SU/0-3 vs. line first three games of 2020 into Bills on Tuesday.
- Tennessee 12-4 SU in Tannehill’s first 16 games as a starter.
- Texans closed the O’Brien era dropping last five SU and against line but did win and cover for Crennel last week against Jags.
- Titans also “over” 12-4 in Tannehill’s first 16 starts. “Overs” 7-2 last nine in series.
Tech Edge: “Over” and slight to Titans, based on “totals” and team trends.
WASHINGTON at N.Y. GIANTS
- WFT on 6-2 “over” run since late 2019.
- G-Men have won and covered 4 of last 5 in series, though just 1-8 vs. line last 9 at MetLife.
Tech Edge: Slight to “over” and Football Team, based on recent “totals” and team trends.
CLEVELAND at PITTSBURGH
- Home team has covered last four in series.
- Browns “over” 7-2 since late 2019.
- Prior to covers in last three, Cleveland was on 5-12-1 spread skid.
Tech Edge: Steelers and “over,” based on series and recent “totals” trends.
BALTIMORE at PHILADELPHIA
- Ravens on 16-1 SU run in reg season and 6-0-1 vs. spread last seven as visitor.
- Eagles on 3-9 spread skid since mid 2019, also 1-6 vs. spread last seven at Linc.
Tech Edge: Ravens, based on team trends.
CINCINNATI at INDIANAPOLIS
- Bengals have covered three of last four in 2020 after opener vs. Chargers.
- Cincy 6-4 vs. line last nine as visitor (not counting vs. Rams in London LY).
- Colts have won and covered three of last four in 2020 and “under” three of those, now “under” 5-3 since late 2019.
- Bengals, however, on 6-3 “over” run.
Tech Edge: Slight to Bengals, based on team trends.
DENVER at NEW ENGLAND
- Belichick 15-6 vs. line as reg season home chalk since early 2017 (2-0 in 2020).
- Broncos 7-3 last ten as dog for Fangio.
Tech Edge: Slight to Patriots, based on team trends.
N.Y. JETS AT MIAMI
- Dolphins have covered last four meetings.
- Jets no covers first five in 2020, now on 2-8 spread skid since late 2019.
- Miami now on 12-5 spread uptick since early 2019.
Tech Edge: Dolphins, based on team trends.
GREEN BAY at TAMPA BAY
- Pack 4-0 SU and vs. line, GB also “over” 5-1 last six since late 2019.
- If Pack a dog note 5-2 mark in role since LY (both losses last season vs 49ers).
- Bucs “over” 3-2 in 2020, Arians teams now “over” 30-14 since mid 2016 with Cards & Bucs.
Tech Edge: “Over” and Packers, based on “totals” and team trends.
L.A. RAMS at SAN FRANCISCO
- Rams 11-3 vs. number last 14 as visitor, have also won last three and covered last two at Levi’s.
- Rams also “over” four of last five on road.
- Niners no covers first three as host in 2020 and 12-6 “over” since early 2019.
Tech Edge: Rams and “over,” based on team and “totals” trends.
Monday, Oct. 19
KANSAS CITY at BUFFALO
- After loss to LV, KC now 13-1 SU, 12-2 vs. line last 14 since mid 2019.
- Bills 6-3-1 last ten as dog and also “over” first four in 2020 into Titans game on Tuesday.
Tech Edge: Slight to Chiefs and “over,” based on recent trends.
ARIZONA at DALLAS
- Cards have covered last four as dog for Kingsbury (1-0 TY), 11-4-1 in role since 2019.
- Cowboys no covers first five in 2020, also on 17-7 “over” run since late in 2018.
Tech Edge: Cards and “over,” based on team and “totals” trends.