Last Updated Sep 14, 2021, 18:00 PM
Tech Trends - Week 2
Don't miss out on expert NFL selections from Bruce Marshall this season on VegasInsider.com. Click to win!
Week 2 of the NFL regular season will offer up three days of betting action, starting on Thursday, Sept. 16 and ending on Monday, Sept. 20.
We've identified betting trends and angles for all of the 16 matchups.
Also, we have "Tech Edge" leans on the side or total for each game too.
Straight Up (SU), Against the Spread (ATS), Over-Under (O/U)
Thursday, Sept. 16
N.Y. Giants at Washington (NFL Network - 8:20 p.m. ET)
- G-Men have won last five meetings outright (4-0-1 vs. line those games).
- NY 6-1 as aroad dog in 2020, 10-2 last 12 in role.
- As chalk, FT just 2-4 last two years.
Tech Edge: Giants based on team trends.
Sunday, Sept. 19
Denver at Jacksonville (CBS - 1:00 p.m. ET)
- Broncos not favored at all in 2020, now favored first two in 2021
- Fangio 9-5 vs. spread last 14 away.
- Jags 2-5 last 7 as host in 2020.
Tech Edge: Broncos based on team trends.
Buffalo at Miami (FOX - 1:00 p.m. ET)
- Home team 4-1-1 vs. line last six meetings.
- Bills 12-7 vs. line in 2020, also over 12-5 last season, though lost opener to Steelers and under in that game.
- Dolphins on 21-7 spread uptick since early 2019.
Tech Edge: Over and Dolphins based on total and team trends.
San Francisco at Philadelphia (FOX - 1:00 p.m. ET)
- Niners 11-6 vs. line as visitor since 2019 after getting backdoored by Lions last week, also over 9-4 last 13 away.
- Birds actually covered 5 of last 6 at Linc last serason, but 7-11 vs. spread since late 2019 even after ATL win in opener.
Tech Edge: 49ers and over based on extended team and total trends.
L.A. Rams at Indianapolis (FOX - 1:00 p.m. ET)
- Colts have covered only one of last seven home since mid 2020.
- Rams under 22-13 entering 2021 though barely got over vs. Bears in opener.
Tech Edge: Rams and under based on team and total trends.
Las Vegas at Pittsburgh (CBS - 1:00 p.m. ET)
- Raiders won six of eight outright on road last season, 8-3 last 11 as road dog.
- Steelers closed 2020 on 1-6 SU and 2-5 spread skids before opening day win vs. Buffalo.
- IGruen over 13-3 since 2020, Tomlin over 6-3 LY at Heinz Field.
Tech Edge: Raiders and over based on team and total trends.
Cincinnati at Chicago (FOX - 1:00 p.m. ET)
- Bengals now 7-3-1 vs spread with Burrow healthy since last season.
- Also over seven of last 10 with Burrow.
- Bears 1-5 last six as home chalk dating to early 2019.
Tech Edge: Bengals based on team trends.
Houston at Cleveland (CBS - 1:00 p.m. ET)
- Texans covered three of last four on road in 2020.
- Browns covered just two of their last eight as chalk last season.
- Though Chubb ran out of bounds rather than score what could have been a spread-breakinf TD on Nov. 15.
Tech Edge: Texans based on team trends.
New Orleans at Carolina (FOX - 1:00 p.m. ET)
- Note that road team has covered the last five in this series, including Saints wins and covers at Charlotte past two years.
- Matt Rhule just 2-6 vs. spread at home in 2020.
- Panthers 2-9-1 vd. line last 12 at home before narrow win in opener vs. Jets.
Tech Edge: Saints based on team and series road trends.
New England vs. N.Y. Jets (CBS - 1:00 p.m. ET)
- Belichick has only covered five of last 14 (5-8-1) vs. Jets.
- Pats under 22-12 last 34, 33-19 since 2018.
- Pats only 2-6 vs. line away in 2020.
- Jets covered four of last five at home in 2020.
Tech Edge: Under and Jets based on total and team trends.
Minnesota at Arizona (FOX - 4:05 p.m. ET)
- Vikings now 0-8 vs spread since mid 2020, alos over 20-9 since mid 2019.
- Kingsbury 15-7-1 vs spread first 23 on board with Cardinals before dropping seven of last nine vs. number a year ago.
- Arizona just 4-7 as chalk for Kingsbury.
Tech Edge: Cardinals and over based on total trends.
Atlanta at Tampa Bay (FOX - 4:05 p.m. ET)
- Falcons under 10-4 since eary 2020.
- After 6-2-1 vs. line at home LY, Bucs failed to cover opener vs. Dallas.
- Tampa Bay numbers prior to 2020 not really relevant.
Tech Edge: Bucs and under based on team and total trends.
Dallas at L.A. Chargers (CBS - 4:25 p.m. ET)
- Cowboys now over 8-2 last 10 games with Dak afte Bucs opener
- Still only 4-7 vs. spread last 11 away for Dallas.
Tech Edge: Over based on total trends.
Kansas City at Baltimore (NBC - 8:20 p.m. ET)
- Chiefs have beaten Ravens past three season, but only covered the game LY at M&T Bank Stadium; road team has covered all three clashes.
- Andy Reid only 2-10 last 12 vs. spread.
- Ravens on 20-9 spread uptick even after Raiders loss.
- Ravens as dog note 5-1 last six getting points.
Tech Edge: Ravens based on recent trends.
Monday, Sept. 20
Detroit at Green Bay (ESPN, 8:15 p.m. ET)
- Lions now over 21-12 last 33 after opener vs. San Francisco, though under four of last five vs. Green Bay.
- Detroit covered seven of last eight against Green Bay.
- Packers only 4-4 last eight as home chalk last season.
Tech Edge: Lions based on series trends