Sep 29, 2021
Tech Trends - Week 4
Don't miss out on expert NFL selections from Bruce Marshall this season on VegasInsider.com. Click to win!
Week 4 of the NFL regular season will offer up three days of betting action, starting on Thursday, Sept. 30 and ending on Monday, Oct. 4.
We've identified betting trends and angles for all of the 16 matchups.
Also, we have "Tech Edge" leans on the side or total for each game too.
Straight Up (SU), Against the Spread (ATS), Over-Under (O/U)
Thursday, Sept. 30
JACKSONVILLE at CINCINNATI (NFL Network - 8:20 p.m. ET)
- Urban Meyer back to Ohio, but Jags 0-3 vs. line and riding 18-game SU losing streak.
- After win over Steelers, Bengals 9-4-1 vs. line with Joe Burrow in lineup.
- Cincy has also covered 6 of last 8 at Paul Brown Stadium.
Tech Edge: Bengals, based on team trends.
Sunday, Oct. 3
WASHINGTON at ATLANTA (FOX - 1:00 p.m. ET)
- WFT Under 6-2 last 8 in reg season.
- Falcs 3-6 last 9 vs. line at Mercedes Benz, also 1-2 SU and vs. line from gate for Arthur Smith.
- Atl also 9-4 “under" last 13, 5-2 Under last 7 at home.
Tech Edge: Under and slight to WFT, based on Totals and team trends.
DETROIT at CHICAGO (FOX - 1:00 p.m. ET)
- Lions Over two of three in 2021 and 3-1 last four "over" since late 2020, series also Over three in a row.
- Bears also 2-5 last seven as Solider Field chalk.
Tech Edge: Lions and slight to "over," based on team and "totals" trends.
TENNESSEE at N.Y. JETS (CBS - 1:00 p.m. ET)
- Titans Over 14-6 since last season, 24-9 Over since early 2019.
- J-Men 0-3 SU and vs. line, now on 11-4 Under run since early 2020.
Tech Edge: Titans, based on recent Jets woes.
CLEVELAND at MINNESOTA (CBS - 1:00 p.m. ET)
- If Browns favored note just 2-6 laying points last 8 a year ago though did cover first two chances as chalk in 2021 vs. Texans and Bears. Also 5-2 vs. points last seven away.
- Vikes had dropped 8 in a row vs. line prior to covers past two weeks vs. Cards and Seahawks.
- Zimmer also Over 13-5 since last season.
Tech Edge: Over and Browns, based on Totals and team trends.
INDIANAPOLIS at MIAMI (CBS - 1:00 p.m. ET)
- After loss to Titans, Reich 7-5 as dog since 2019. Colts also Over 6-1 last seven away.
- Dolphins on 23-8 spread uptick for Flores since early 2019.
- Miami covered last six as host in 2020 before losing home opener to Bills.
Tech Edge: Dolphins and “over,” based on team and Totals trends.
CAROLINA at DALLAS (FOX - 1:00 p.m. ET)
- Matt Rhule off 3-0 SU and vs. spread TY, also Under first three and Under last six since late 2020.
Tech Edge: Under and Panthers, based on Totals and team trends.
N.Y. GIANTS at NEW ORLEANS (FOX - 1:00 p.m. ET)
- G-Men continuing their road dog magic, 10-1 last 11 in role after recent cover vs WFT. NY also Under 14-4-1 since 2020.
- Saints Under six straight since late 2020.
Tech Edge: Giants and “under,” based on team and Totals trends.
KANSAS CITY at PHILADELPHIA (CBS - 1:00 p.m. ET)
- Andy Reid back in Philadelphia for first time since 2013 (first year as coach of Chiefs).
- KC however only 2 covers last 14 on board since mid 2020.
- Chiefs Over 5-2 last seven reg season games.
- Birds however Under 5-1 last six at Linc. Philly also covered 5 of last 6 at home in 2020 but dropped opener to Niners.
Tech Edge: Eagles, based on recent trends.
HOUSTON at BUFFALO (CBS - 1:00 p.m. ET)
- Texans 7-13 vs. spread since late 2019.
- Bills were Over 12-5 last season but Under 13-4 in 2019, and now Under 2-1 in 2021.
- Buff 5-3 as home chalk since 2020.
Tech Edge: Bills, based on team trends.
ARIZONA at L.A. RAMS (FOX - 4:05 p.m. ET)
- Series has been all Rams since McVay arrived, LA 8-0 SU and 7-1 vs. line since.
- Though Cards are 4-3 their last 7 as a dog.
Tech Edge: Rams, based on series trends.
SEATTLE at SAN FRANCISCO (FOX - 4:05 p.m. ET)
- Hawks dropped last six vs. line away in 2020 before winning opener at Colts, then losing last week at Vikes (now 1-7 last 8 vs. line away).
- Teams have split their last 8 spread decisions since 2017.
- “Overs” last four meetings though Sea Under 9-3 last 12 since mid 2020.
Tech Edge: Slight to “over,” based on series Totals trends.
BALTIMORE at DENVER (CBS - 4:25 p.m. ET)
- Fangio 3-0 SU and vs. line in 2021, 8-4 last 12 vs. spread at Mile High (not counting the Saints game with no QBs LY).
- Broncos also "under" first three in 2021.
- Ravens 5-5-1 vs. line away and Under 8-3 last 11 away.
Tech Edge: "Under" and Broncos, based on "totals" and recent trends.
PITTSBURGH at GREEN BAY (CBS - 4:25 p.m. ET)
- Tomlin 1-0 as dog TY, 5-1 since 2020, 10-3 since 2019 in role.
- Pack only 5-4 vs. spread last 9 at home.
- GB also Over last 4 at Lambeau.
Tech Edge: Steelers and “over,” based on team and Totals trends.
TAMPA BAY at NEW ENGLAND (NBC - 8:20 p.m. ET)
- Belichick Bowl! Note Bucs only 3-4 last seven as road chalk.
- Belichick Under 14-6 since late 2019. Belichick only 3-4 as dog LY but was 14-4-1 as dog previous 10 seasons (2009-18).
Tech Edge: Patriots and “under,” based on Belichick team and Totals trends.
Monday, Oct. 4
LAS VEGAS at L.A. CHARGERS (ESPN, 8:15 p.m. ET)
- Teams split LY with road team winning each.
- Raiders 7-2 SU last nine away but only 4-4 last 8 vs. line as visitor.
- Chargers on 6-2 "under” run last eight at SoFi, also 3-5 last 8 vs. spread as host.
Tech Edge: Raiders and slight to “under,” based on team and Totals trends.