Last Updated Dec 28, 2021, 7:00 PM
Tech Trends - Week 17
Don't miss out on expert NFL selections from Bruce Marshall this season on VegasInsider.com. Click to win!
Week 17 of the NFL regular season will offer up three days of betting action, starting on Sunday, Jan. 2 with and concluding on Monday, Jan. 3 with MNF action.
We've identified betting trends and angles for all of the matchups.
Also, we have "Tech Edge" leans on the side or total for each game too.
Straight Up (SU), Against the Spread (ATS), Over-Under (O/U)
Sunday, Jan. 2
L.A. RAMS at BALTIMORE (FOX, 1:00 p.m.)
- Rams under 6-4-1 last 11 after overs in first four games.
- Ravens covered four of last six games and four of last five as the dog - 10-2 as dog since 2019.
Tech Edge: Ravens based on team trends.
PHILADELPHIA at WASHINGTON (FOX, 1:00 p.m.)
- Eagles 5-3 SU and vs spread as guest TY.
- Eagles over seven in last nine games.
- Rivera won and covered four straight but hasn't in last three (0-2-1).
- WFT over last two games but under in seven of eight prior.
Tech Edge: Over and Eagles based on total and recent trends.
JACKSONVILLE at NEW ENGLAND (CBS, 1:00 p.m.)
- Jags no SU wins last seven or covers in last six.
- Jags under in 11 of last 13 games not involving Texans.
- Belichick won and covered seven straight prior to Colts and Bills L's, also covered five in row as chalk before Bills loss.
Tech Edge: Patriots and under based on team and total trends.
MIAMI at TENNESSEE (CBS, 1:00 p.m.)
- Dolphins SU wins in last seven and 6-1-1 vs. spread in last eight.
- Dolphins under in six of last eight.
- Flores 4-3-1 as dog.
- Titans 2-4 vs. spread in last six.
- Titans under in last three and five of last seven without Henry.
Tech Edge: Under and Dolphins based on total and team trends.
TAMPA BAY at N.Y. JETS (FOX, 1:00 p.m.)
- Bucs four game win and cover streak snapped by Saints before bounce back vs. Panthers.
- Note, Bucs still 3-5 vs. spread as road team TY despite Panthers win.
- Jets 4-11 SU, 5-10 vs. spread.
- Jets over 9-3 run.
Tech Edge: Over and Bucs based on total and team trends.
LAS VEGAS at INDIANAPOLIS (FOX, 1:00 p.m.)
- No Raider covers in six of last eight games.
- Indy won and covered last three, along with six of last seven and 9-3 vs. spread in last 12 overall.
- Indy 4-2 ATS record as favorite.
- Indy under in last three.
Tech Edge: Colts and under based on team and total trends.
KANSAS CITY at CINCINNATI (CBS, 1:00 p.m.)
- Chiefs won last eight and covered last six following 4-16 spread skid.
- Reid under in five of last six before overs in three straight prior.
- Begnals covered four of last six as dog, just 2-5 vs. line last seven in Paul Brown Stadium.
Tech Edge: Chiefs based on team trends.
N.Y. GIANTS at CHICAGO (CBS, 1:00 p.m.)
- G-Men road dog mark has failed in four straight and five of last six.
- G-Men also on 7-2 under run.
- G-Men covered last two years in Chicago.
- Bears no covers in eight of last 10.
- Bears 9-5 under run in last 14 games.
Tech Edge: Under based on total trends.
ATLANTA at BUFFALO (FOX, 1:00 p.m.)
- Atlanta 6-3 SU and vs. line away from Benz.
- Falcons under in six of last seven.
- Bills 4-5 SU and 3-5-1 last nine vs. spread TY.
Tech Edge: Falcons and under based on team and total trends.
DENVER at L.A. CHARGERS (CBS, 4:05 p.m.)
- Fangio won and covered four of last five vs. Bolts.
- Fangio also under 12-3 run and 6-2 under vs. Bolts.
- Bolts 3-7 vs. spread in last 10, 1-4 in last five as host.
- Bolts over in seven of last nine.
Tech Edge: Broncos and under based on team and extended trends.
HOUSTON at SAN FRANCISCO (CBS, 4:05 p.m.)
- Texans under 8-5, and five of last six on road.
- Texans 5-8 last 13 vs. line despite covers and wins last two games.
- Texas 2-4 last six vs. spread as visitor.
- Niners won and covered three straight at home but hasn't been a DD favorite since 2019 (0-2-1 vs. line as DD favorite).
- Niners under in four of last seven.
Tech Edge: Under based on total trends.
DETROIT at SEATTLE (FOX, 4:25 p.m.)
- Lions 10-5 vs. spread despite 2-12-1 SU mark.
- Lions covered six of last seven and six of last seven vs. points as guest.
- Lions 10-3 under run.
- Seahawks 9-3-1 under run.
Tech Edge: Under and Lions based on total and team trends.
CAROLINA at NEW ORLEANS (FOX, 4:25 p.m.)
- Rhule no wins or covers last five or 10 of last 12.
- Panthers over in five of last six.
- Panthers covered last three in Nola.
- Saints under in last five
Tech Edge: Over based on recent total trends.
ARIZONA at DALLAS (FOX, 4:25 p.m.)
- No wins or covers for Kingsbury in last three, 3-5 SU and vs. line in last eight - mirrors 2-7 spread downtick in 2020.
- Kingsbury covered and won first seven road games TY prior to Lions loss.
- Boys streaky vs. line, covered first seven then 1-3 next four, now four striaght covers after WFT win.
- Boys under in seven of last nine TY.
Tech Edge: Under and Cowboys based on total and team trends.
MINNESOTA at GREEN BAY (NBC, 8:20 p.m.)
- Minny covered five of last eight games including home win over Pack.
- Zimmer 5-2 as dog, won last two SU vs. Pack.
- Minny over in five of last six.
- Packers 6-1 vs. spread in Lambeau, now 2-3 vs. spread last five after nine straight ATS wins.
- Packers over four of last five.
Tech Edge: Vikings and over based on recent and total trends.
Monday, Jan. 3
CLEVELAND at PITTSBURGH (ESPN, 8:15 p.m.)
- Pitt covered last four regular season meetings (lost Wild Card at home).
- Browns 4-1 as dog vs. spread and 6-1 in last seven.
- Browns dropped four straight and seven of nine prior to recent covers vs. Raiders and Packers.
- Tomlin 5-9 last 14 vs. line, 3-5 vs. spread as host TY, but covered last two at home.
- Pitt under 5-2-1 home run.
Tech Edge: Browns and under based on team and total trends.