Best Wyoming Sportsbooks March 2024
In terms of gambling, Wyoming is one of the most restrictive states in the US. Wyoming online casinos and similar operations are all banned under current state law.
However, unless you’ve been living under a rock, you probably know a sports betting renaissance is dawning in the country. More and more states are legalizing and regulating online sports betting, and Wyoming has been added to the list!
*In-person registration and betting only in MS. The BetMGM app is available for mobile wagers in Washington DC, but only at Nationals Park
Updated on : 03/04/2024
STATE OF WYOMING SPORTSBOOKS
Each month, legal betting states release information regarding handle (amount of money in accepted wagers), gross revenue, taxes, leading sportsbooks, etc. The latest data from the Wyoming Gaming Commission is from January 2024. Sports betting revenues are taxed at 10% in WY.
|💰 Total Handle
|🏦 Gross Revenue
|⭐️ Top Wyoming Sportsbooks
|DraftKings, Caesars, FanDuel, and BetMGM
Come check out other states' sports betting handles and revenue.
- Wyoming Online Sports Betting Sites
- Wyoming Sports Betting Sites Features
- Wyoming Betting Laws
- Recent Sports Betting News in Wyoming
- Wyoming Daily Fantasy Sports (DFS)
- Wyoming Online Sports Betting: Events and Betting Markets
- Common Payment Options
- Using Cryptocurrency on Wyoming Sportsbooks
- Wyoming Casinos
- Final Thoughts on Betting in Wyoming
- Wyoming Online Sports Betting FAQ
FANDUEL IS LIVE IN WYOMING!
FanDuel has finally made it's way to Wyoming. Users can now download and use the mobile app all across the state. Make sure to use our links when signing up.
BEST WYOMING SPORTSBOOKS
Wyoming state law now allows for legal sports betting within its borders. Users can get online with a number of trusted sportsbooks. Some of the top sports betting sites in the US are offering bets in the Cowboy State today.
DraftKings has been a behemoth of daily fantasy sports (DFS) for quite some time now, and is also considered a top brand for sports betting apps and websites.
It offers a well-rounded suite of betting apps for iOS and Android, boasting some industry-leading promotions and competitive odds. Players of all skillsets will be able to sit down with the platform and make bets that make sense on this sleek, easy-to-use platform.
Users can get online today with DraftKings in Wyoming and get access to registration offers before betting on their favorite professional and collegiate sports. Leagues include the NFL, MMA, UFC, and international sports like soccer, rugby, and more.
The MGM Resorts International company is one of the best-known and most trusted names in gambling in America. BetMGM is the online sports betting arm of the world-famous MGM Resorts International corporation.
BetMGM is MGM’s second foray into mobile and online casino activities, after PlayMGM. Through BetMGM, the operator offers online casino, live poker and online sports betting services.
BetMGM is a robust online sportsbook, with a broad selection of sports, leagues and betting markets for players to partake in. Sports available at BetMGM include basketball, football, soccer, tennis, golf, boxing, baseball, and MMA. Dozens of betting markets are available for every individual sport, including numerous outright and futures markets.
BetMGM offers an intuitive interface, live streaming world sports events, tons of promotions and offers, and stellar customer service. BetMGM also provides players with mobile apps for download, for both Android and iOS devices, offering all the same features as the website.
BetMGM was the among the first to secure a betting license in the Equality State, and is now offering some pretty solid promotions alongside their competitive betting platform.
FanDuel is a New York City online sportsbook and daily fantasy sports operator. Created in 2009 by five New York residents using venture capital, FanDuel enjoyed tremendous success. Today, it is the second-largest DFS provider in the United States.
The dubious legal status of daily fantasy sports in many jurisdictions allowed companies in the industry to expand. Most states reacted amicably, classifying DFS as games of skill, not subject to current gambling or online sports betting legislation.
This allowed FanDuel to establish a massive presence in the sports betting markets of dozens of US states. Years later, FanDuel would be bought by Irish gambling operator Paddy Power (which has since been renamed Flutter Entertainment).
After this acquisition, FanDuel started to modify its domestic US strategy. Following years of focusing on the uncontroversial daily fantasy sports sector, Flutter had FanDuel pursue greener pastures.
The larger company wanted FanDuel to use its established brand to dive into the nascent US legal sports betting market. FanDuel complied, with much success. Today, the FanDuel Sportsbook operates in several states, including Vermont, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Indiana.
Last Updated March 04, 2024 5:01 AM ET
Check out current offers in Wyoming and how each sportsbook stacks up below!
(T&C's Apply, 10x wagering requirement)
|Caesars Sportsbook WY
WYOMING SPORTSBOOKS FEATURES
|Loyalty Rewards Program
WYOMING BETTING LAWS
Most commercial or for-profit gambling was illegal in the state of Wyoming for much of its history. Wyoming has traditionally been rather severe in its gambling regulations. Until relatively recently, all forms of wagering in the state were banned, except for charitable casino games.
That remained the case up until 2005. That year, Wyoming tribal reservations filed a lawsuit against the state, seeking the right to run casinos on their land. The suit was successful, and today, Wyoming has had legal casinos for over 15 years.
They are rather modest establishments, with limited selections of slot machines and very few, if any, casino table games. Only one of Wyoming’s tribal casinos runs regular poker tables. Still, it was sign of progress regarding Wyoming gambling laws.
Another significant landmark was reached in 2013 when Wyoming finally legalized a state lottery. It took many years of discussion in the state legislature, but Wyoming finally began selling state lottery tickets in August 2014.
In 2021, House Bill No. 133 was filed to the Wyoming legislature and soon after, signed into law by Governor Mark Gordon. The bill legalized sports betting online, but not in-person, with a 10% tax on revenues.
A September launch date was proposed for Wyoming sports betting, and after the August 2nd, 2021 finalization of the rules by the Wyoming Gaming Commission, not much seemed to develop. Surprisingly, however, the WGC was able to announce and launch sports betting in short order, seemingly going from the planning phases to launch on September 1st, 2021. Now, sports betting is live and online in the state.
RECENT WYOMING SPORTS BETTING NEWS
- FanDuel Joins the Legal Online Sports Betting Market in Wyoming, Nov. 24, 2021
- Sports Betting Launches in Wyoming, Sept. 7, 2021
WYOMING DAILY FANTASY SPORTS (DFS)
Daily Fantasy Sports (DFS) is a new way to play on major league sports teams and players in Wyoming. Try your sports knowledge skills by playing DFS, on a variety sports events like NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL PGA, MLS, and more.
WYOMING ONLINE SPORTS BETTING: EVENTS AND BETTING MARKETS
Since HB 133 was signed into law, some top sports betting sites in the US continue to flock to the state. Wyoming wants at least five operators in the state, and it's expected that those slots will be filled quickly. Now, users in Wyoming can bet on a number of popular sports, betting markets and teams.
The following are some of the most popular types of bets, sports, leagues, teams, and events in the world of sports betting.
Updated on : 03/04/2024
COMMON TYPES OF BETS
- Moneyline: Moneyline bets are the simplest types of sports wagers around. In a 2-way moneyline, you bet on either team to win. On a 3-way moneyline, you bet on either team to win, or on a tie.
- Point spread: Point spreads are assigned by bookies to balance disparities between two teams. Favorites must win by a certain margin (the “spread”) to payout. Underdogs will payout if they win, or lose by less than the spread.
- Handicap: Handicaps work similar to point spreads, but aren’t intended to balance disparities. Each handicap market provides players with additional betting choices at different levels of risk and reward.
- Over/under: Bookies estimate a total number for the final score of a match. Players bet on whether the actual final score will be over or under the total given by the bookies.
- Parlay bets: Parlay bets, also called multiple bets and accumulators, combine several wagers into one bet. Payouts get exponentially higher as players tack on more wagers to their parlay. To win the bet, every element (“leg”) of the parlay must also win.
- Prop bets: Also called special bets, they cover a lot of very specific events in a match. These include specific players scoring, specific teams scores, scores at a certain time, first team to score, and many others.
MOST POPULAR SPORTS TO BET ON
- Football: Including leagues such as the NFL, XFL, CFL, NCAAF.
- Baseball: Including leagues such as the MLB, MiLB, PCL.
- Basketball: Including leagues such as the NBA, WNBA, NCAAB.
- Hockey: Including leagues such as the NHL and CHL.
- Soccer: Including leagues like Spain’s La Liga, MLS, England’s Premier League, and the UEFA Champions League.
- Tennis: Including the ATP (Association of Tennis Professionals).
- Golf: PGA (Professional Golfers’ Association).
- Boxing: Prize fights from the WBO, IBO, WBA, WBC, among others.
- MMA: Including leagues like the UFC.
- Motor Racing: These include championships like Formula 1 and NASCAR racing.
POPULAR WYOMING EVENTS
- Bighorn Mountain Wild and Scenic Trail Run (Bighorn Mountains, Dayton, Wyoming).
- Wyoming Marathon Races (Medicine Bow National Forest, between Laramie and Cheyenne, Wyoming).
- LoToJa Classic Race (Logan, Utah to Jackson Hole, Wyoming).
- Pedigree Stage Stop Race (Jackson, WY, with stops in Driggs, ID, Alpine, WY, Pinedale, WY, Lander, WY, Big Piney/Marbleton, WY, Kemmerer, WY, and Uinta, WY).
Past major sporting events held in Wyoming:
- 1991 Western Athletic Conference Men's Basketball Tournament (Laramie, Wyoming).
- 1995 UFC 6 (Casper, Wyoming).
- 2016 Mountain West Conference Football Championship Game (Laramie, Wyoming).
BEST TEAMS TO BET ON
- Cheyenne Stampede (WSHL ice hockey).
- Yellowstone Quake (NA3HL ice hockey).
- Wyoming Cowboys (NCAAF Division I football).
- Grand Junction Rockies (Pioneer Minor League Baseball. Originally based in Casper, WY, moved to Colorado in 2011).
- Wyoming Cowboys (NCAAB Mountain West Conference basketball).
COMMON PAYMENT OPTIONS
All the top sports betting sites on the web offer a range of different payment methods. Players can usually deposit or withdraw funds from their accounts with a diversity of payment options.
The following are some of the most commonly available payment options with online sportsbooks. Now that Wyoming online sports betting is legalized, expect to see many of these available.
- Instant Bank Transfer (ACH)
- American Express
- Instant Bank Transfer (Bill Pay)
- Cash at casino cage
- Cash via PayNearMe at participating 7-Eleven stores.
USING CRYPTOCURRENCY FOR WY SPORTS BETTING
It may not be common knowledge, but Wyoming is often a trailblazer when it comes to citizens' rights. This continues to be true in the 21st century, as WY is the first state to officially accept cryptocurrency as payment for a sports betting wager.
It will be up to each operator to decide which coins to accept and which not to trust, but there's strong indication that Ethereum, Bitcoin, Dogecoin, Litecoin, and more may be accepted. Also, be on the lookout for sportsbooks to establish their own crypto and/or offer NFTs, which we've already seen happen on DraftKings Marketplace.
Since 2005, Wyoming has had legal tribal casinos. The state also sanctions legal pari-mutuel horse race betting and simulcast horse betting at licensed locations. The following are some of the most prominent tribal casinos and horse betting establishments currently open for business in Wyoming.
WIND RIVER HOTEL & CASINO
The Wind River Hotel & Casino is located in Riverton, Wyoming, on Highway 789. It’s a gambling and entertainment hub for visitors hailing all the way from Denver and Salt Lake City.
This peaceful and tranquil casino is located at the heart of the scenic Wind River tribal reservation. On the premises, visitors may find a variety of Vegas-style casino amenities. These include slot machine games, casino table games, and even live poker tables.
The Wind River Hotel & Casino also offers visitors a Rewards Club card. It grants players points for their casino play, which they can trade in for rewards, prizes and discounts. The Wind River also offers an Experience Room, filled with artifacts and art from the Arapaho people.
SHOSHONE ROSE CASINO & HOTEL
Lander, Wyoming’s Shoshone Rose Casino & Hotel is located on US Highway 287. The casino is managed by Wyoming’s Eastern Shoshone tribe. It’s a relaxing getaway from the stresses of the big city, with over 300 different, top-of-the-line slot machine games for you to try.
In its facilities, the Shoshone Rose counts with over 60 high-class guest rooms for visitors to stay and play. They also offer guests access to a spacious indoor heated pool and a restaurant area for fine dining.
The Shoshone Rose also offers a Rewards Club, where every game you play adds points to your total. The more you play, the more points you rack up to trade in for prizes, rewards and discounts.
LITTLE WIND CASINO
The city of Ethete, Wyoming is home to the Northern Arapaho tribe’s Little Wind Casino. Located on Blue Sky Highway, the Little Wind Casino is deep within the Wind River tribal reservation. It’s a quiet destination where visitors can forget about the outside world for a while.
While the Little Wind is one of the smaller Wyoming casinos, with a mere 160 slot machines, it has several other forms of entertainment available. Guests can enjoy fine dining on the premises at the restaurant.
The Little Wind Rewards Club offers players a way to make their gambling count. With every spin of the slots, visitors earn reward points. Points can be redeemed for exclusive rewards and prizes.
CHEYENNE HORSE PALACE
In Cheyenne, Wyoming’s Dell Range Boulevard, the Cheyenne Horse Palace stands as one of Wyoming’s select few horse betting sportsbooks. The Cheyenne Horse Palace offers players both pari-mutuel horse betting and simulcast horse betting at its facilities.
The Cheyenne Horse Palace has a lot to offer its patrons. It has dozens of historic racing machines, numerous social media promotions and campaigns, frequent special jackpots and more. It’s currently one of the most versatile horse betting operators in the state.
Sadly, the Cheyenne Horse Palace does not offer guests any dining options. There also is no bar on the premises, but guests receive complimentary soft drinks or water.
FINAL THOUGHTS ON BETTING IN WYOMING
It seemed to happen rather quickly, but Wyoming sports betting was in the works for quite some time, with the first modern bills being filed in 2020. Now that sports betting is live in WY, at least five big name operators are expected to throw their hats in the ring. DraftKings and BetMGM are two major contenders in the US sports betting market, and are already offering their services in the state. We're looking forward to a competitive, safe, and fun sports betting market as the scene develops in Wyoming.
WYOMING ONLINE SPORTS BETTING FAQ
The following are some of the most common questions from players regarding Wyoming online sports betting, and their answers.
ARE SPORTS BETTING SITES LEGAL IN WYOMING?
Yes, sports betting became legal in April 2021 and is now live in Wyoming.
WHAT DO I NEED TO REGISTER AT AN ONLINE BETTING SITE IN WYOMING?
You will need to provide information proving your identity and age, including some or all of your SSN, your name, email, and contact information.
IS IT SAFE TO DEPOSIT MONEY AT SPORTS BETTING SITES IN WYOMING?
Yes, all sites registered by the Wyoming Gaming Commission are insured and encrypted.
CAN I SET BETTING LIMITS?
Yes, all modern operators implement responsible gaming protocols. These include the ability for players to limit their own betting according to their own terms, including daily, weekly or monthly custom limits.