May 13, 2022
2021-22 WOODEN AWARD ODDS
Oscar Tshiebwe won the 2022 John Wooden Award, given to the most outstanding player in college basketball. Tshiebwe was a heavy favorite as the season inched towards the conclusion, seeing odds as high as -400 to win. Kentucky didn't make it very far in the tournament however, in fact, losing the first game to No. 15 Saint Peter's - who went on a run into the Elite Eight before losing to No. 8 UNC.
HOW TO READ WOODEN AWARD ODDS
American: Drew Timme (Gonzaga) +600
Fractional: Drew Timme (Gonzaga) 6/1
Decimal: Drew Timme (Gonzaga) 7.00
Implied Probability: 14.3%
Bettors placing a $100 wager on Drew Timme would win $700 ($100 * 6.0 +100), which includes your $100 stake.
WHAT IS IMPLIED PROBABILITY
Implied probability is a conversion of betting odds into a percentage. It takes into account the sportsbooks margin to express the expected probability of an outcome occurring.
WOODEN AWARD HISTORY
- 2020 - Luka Garza, Iowa C (Sr.)
- 2019 - Obi Toppin, Dayton PF (So.)
- 2018 - Zion Williamson, Duke F (Fr.)
- 2017 - Jalen Brunson, Villanova PG (Jr.)
- 2016 - Frank Mason III, Kansas PG (Sr.)
- 2015 - Buddy Hield, Oklahoma SG (Sr.)
- 2014 - Frank Kaminsky, Wisconsin PF (Sr.)
- 2013 - Doug McDermott, Creighton F (Sr.)
- 2012 - Trey Burke, Michigan PG (So.)
- 2011 - Anthony Davis, Kentucky C (Fr.)
- 2010 - Jimmer Fredette, BYU PG (Sr.)
TOP SCHOOLS TO WIN WOODEN AWARDS
Duke has seen the most Wooden Award winners, with six total.
The state of North Carolina has seen a total of 11 between Duke, North Carolina and Wake Forest.
Duke's most recent recipient was Zion Williamson in 2018-2019, breaking a 12-year span of a Duke player failing to win the award.
Six upperclassmen have won the award over the past eight years.