Last Updated Jan 26, 2022, 3:17 AM
Marquette Golden Eagles vs. Seton Hall Pirates Predictions, Picks, Odds
The Marquette Golden Eagles (14-6, 6-3 Big East) travel to meet the Seton Hall Pirates (12-6, 3-5) in a Big East conference tilt at Prudential Center in Newark, N.J. on Wednesday. Tip-off is scheduled for 8:30 p.m. ET, and the game can be viewed on FOX Sports 1.
Marquette 73, Seton Hall 71
Marquette +140 ML at Mirage-MGM
Marquette +5 (-120) at DraftKings
Under 147.5 (-110) at Circa
MARQUETTE GOLDEN EAGLES VS. SETON HALL PIRATES PREDICTIONS
Marquette is playing its best basketball of the season, rattling off six consecutive victories, including a 73-72 win over the Pirates at Fiserv Forum in Milwaukee on Jan. 15 as a two-point underdog as the UNDER connected. Not only are the Golden Eagles 6-0 SU in the win streak, they're also 6-0 ATS. The team's last loss was a 75-69 overtime setback to Creighton on New Year's Day, and the last setback in regulation came on Dec. 21 against Connecticut, a 78-70 loss.
Seton Hall was drummed 84-63 by St. John's on Monday, as the Red Storm returned the favor following a 66-60 win in New York City against the Johnnies in the front end of the home-and-home set. The Pirates have really started to sink lately, winning just once in the past four games, and three times in the past eight. Seton Hall is also 2-6 ATS across the past eight games overall, while cashing the UNDER in each of the previous three outings.
MARQUETTE GOLDEN EAGLES VS. SETON HALL PIRATES BETTING ODDS
MARQUETTE GOLDEN EAGLES VS. SETON HALL PIRATES BETTING RESOURCES
- Matchup: Big East
- Date: Wednesday, January 26, 2022
- Venue: Prudential Center
- Location: Newark, New Jersey
- TV-Time: FS1 - 8:30 p.m. ET
MARQUETTE GOLDEN EAGLES BETTING ANALYSIS
Straight Up - SU, Against the Spread - ATS, Over-Under (O/U)
- SU: 14-6
- ATS: 12-8
- O/U: 10-9-1
Marquette is on a six-game win and cover streak, including a victory over Seton Hall on Jan. 15. While the Golden Eagles won the most recent meeting, they're just 1-6 SU in the past seven meetings with just two covers in the previous eight matchups.
The Golden Eagles are 4-0 ATS in the past four road games, while going 5-1 ATS in the past six as a road underdog. They're also a perfect 6-0 ATS in the past six games against teams with a winning overall record, and 4-0 ATS in the past four as an underdog.
For totals, the OVER is 7-3-2 in the past 12 road games, while the OVER is 5-2-2 in the past nine as a road 'dog. The UNDER is 4-1 in the past five for Marquette against teams with a winning overall record, and 5-2-1 in the past eight as a 'dog.
SETON HALL PIRATES BETTING ANALYSIS
Straight Up - SU, Against the Spread - ATS, Over-Under (O/U)
- SU: 12-6
- ATS: 8-9
- O/U: 7-10
For Seton Hall, it is just 1-4 ATS in the past five games overall, while going 1-4 ATS in the past five as a favorite, too. The Pirates are just 5-12 ATS in the past 17 games at home, while going 1-4 ATS in the past five against teams with a winning overall mark, too.
As far as the total, the UNDER has connected in 15 of the past 22 games overall for the Pirates, while going 21-9 in the past 30 as a favorite. The UNDER is also 9-1 in the past 10 following a straight-up loss, while going 5-2 in the past seven against teams with a winning overall record. The OVER has hit in six of the past eight for Seton Hall in Newark.
In this series, the home team is just 8-23-1 ATS in the previous 32 meetings, with the favorite going just 6-20 ATS across the past 26 battles.
Seton Hall has covered just five of the past 17 games at home. (AP)
INSIDE THE STATS - MARQUETTE GOLDEN EAGLES
- Record: 14-6
- VI Ranking: 25
- PS/G: 74.2 (124th)
- PA/G: 69.2 (187th)
- ORtg: 102.2 (186th)
- DRtg: 95.3 (100th)
INSIDE THE STATS - SETON HALL PIRATES
- Record: 12-6
- VI Ranking: 19
- PS/G: 77.1 (62nd)
- PA/G: 67.7 (150th)
- ORtg: 107.4 (88th)
- DRtg: 94.3 (77th)
KEY PLAYERS TO WATCH
- MARQ: Justin Lewis - F (15.8 PPG, 7.9 RPG, 1.7 APG, 1.2 SPG)
- MARQ: Darryl Morsell - G (13.9 PPG, 3.5 RPG, 2.7 APG, 39.0 3P%)
- HALL: Myles Cale - F (10.0 PPG, 4.1 RPG, 1.5 SPG, 1.0 APG)
- HALL: Jared Rhoden - G (15.7 PPG, 6.9 RPG, 1.4 SPG, 1.3 APG)
MARQUETTE GOLDEN EAGLES VS. SETON HALL PIRATES BETTING CONCLUSION
Seton Hall was really missing Bryce Aiken, who remains in the concussion protocol since the first meeting with Marquette back on Jan. 1 when he dropped 28 points. He was rolling right along with 22 or more points in three straight games before the injury, so his loss has been huge for the offense. It showed in a 21-point loss to the Johnnies last time out.
Marquette eased past Seton Hall in the first meeting when the Pirates were 100 percent. They're not fully healthy right now, and Aiken will be missed. The Golden Eagles are red hot, rattling off six straight wins and covers, and catching five is a nice value for the road side. Remember, the road team is 23-8-1 ATS in the past 32 meetings in this series, with the underdog covering 20 of the past 26 in this series. Look for that trend to continue.
MARQUETTE GOLDEN EAGLES VS. SETON HALL PIRATES BETTING TRENDS
- Marquette is 6-0 ATS in the past six games overall.
- Marquette is 4-0 ATS in the past four home games.
- Marquette is 4-0 ATS in the past four as an underdog.
- Marquette is 6-0 ATS in the past six vs. winning teams.
- Marquette is 5-1 ATS in the past six as a road underdog.
- Seton Hall is 1-4 ATS in the past five games overall.
- Seton Hall is 5-12 ATS in the past 17 home games.
- Seton Hall is 1-4 ATS in the past five as a favorite.
- Seton Hall is 1-4 ATS in the past five vs. winning teams.
- The UNDER is 4-1 in the past five vs. winning teams for Marquette.
- The OVER is 7-3-2 in the past 12 road games for Marquette.
- The UNDER is 5-2-1 in the past eight as a 'dog for Marquette.
- The UNDER is 15-7 in the past 22 games for Seton Hall.
- The OVER is 6-2 in the past eight home games for Seton Hall.
- The UNDER is 21-9 in the past 30 as a favorite for Seton Hall.
- The road team is 23-8-1 ATS in the past 32 meetings.
- The underdog is 20-6 ATS in the past 26 meetings.