Last Updated Feb 03, 2022, 3:51 PM
Boise State Broncos vs. Wyoming Cowboys Predictions, Picks, Odds
The Boise State Broncos (17-4, 8-0 Mountain West) travel to meet the Wyoming Cowboys (17-3, 6-1) for a Mountain West showdown between the league's top two teams at Arena Auditorium in Laramie, Wyo. on Thursday. Tip-off is scheduled for 9:00 p.m. ET, and the game can be viewed on FOX Sports 1.
Wyoming 68, Boise State 66
Over 129 (-103) at Westgate Superbook
BOISE STATE BRONCOS VS. WYOMING COWBOYS PREDICTIONS
The Broncos have surprised, rattling off 14 consecutive victories since an 86-82 overtime loss against St. Louis back on Nov. 30. Boise State picked up a 68-63 overtime win against Fresno State last time out to keep the run alive, and they just pushed past Wyoming by a 65-62 count on Jan. 25 in the first meeting, failing to cover as five-point favorites as the UNDER connected. In that first meeting, Boise State shot 42% (22-of-52), while hitting just 32% (8-of-25). The good news is Boise turned it over just eight times.
The Cowboys shot 47% (21-of-45), including 38% (6-of-16) from long distance, but Wyoming ended up turning it over 13 times, and that was the difference in a super-close game. The Cowboys did manage to outrebound the Broncos by a 28-to-25 margin. Wyoming has won two in a row since that setback to Boise State, but they're just 2-3 ATS across the past five outings.
BOISE STATE BRONCOS VS. WYOMING COWBOYS BETTING ODDS
- Boise State -105
- Wyoming -115
- Boise State +1.5 (-110)
- Wyoming -1 (-110)
- Over 129 (-103)
- Under 129.5 (-110)
BOISE STATE BRONCOS VS. WYOMING COWBOYS BETTING RESOURCES
- Matchup: Mountain West
- Date: Thursday, February 3, 2022
- Venue: Arena Auditorium
- Location: Laramie, Wyoming
- TV-Time: FS1 - 9:00 p.m. ET
BOISE STATE BRONCOS BETTING ANALYSIS
Straight Up - SU, Against the Spread - ATS, Over-Under (O/U)
- SU: 17-4
- ATS: 12-8
- O/U: 6-14
The Broncos have posted 14 consecutive victories, and Boise State has covered nine of the past 12 games overall. In the past seven road games, Boise State has covered six times, while dominating as an underdog. They're 5-0 ATS in the past five as an underdog, and 7-0 ATS in the past seven as a road 'dog. They're also 7-2 ATS in the past nine against teams with a winning overall record.
For totals, it's all UNDER all the time for Boise State. The UNDER is 5-1 in the past six games overall, 9-3 in the past 12 games on the road and 6-1 in the past seven as an underdog. The UNDER is also 6-1 in the past seven as a road 'dog, while going 7-2 in the past nine road outings against teams with a winning home record. The OVER has hit in seven of the past 10 against teams with a winning overall record, however.
WYOMING COWBOYS BETTING ANALYSIS
Straight Up - SU, Against the Spread - ATS, Over-Under (O/U)
- SU: 17-3
- ATS: 11-7-1
- O/U: 9-9-1
Wyoming doesn't have the lengthy win streak like Boise State, and that's thanks to the Broncos. Boise State protected its home court Jan. 25, winning 65-62 as the Cowboys covered as five-point underdogs while the UNDER hit. The Cowboys have won eight of the past nine overall, however, while going 5-3 ATS across the past eight outings.
The Cowboys have posted an impressive 17-7-1 ATS record across the past 25 games overall, while going 4-1 ATS in the past five against winning teams. However, they're just 1-5 ATS in the past six as a favorite, while going 1-4-1 ATS in the past five as a home fave.
As far as totals are concerned, the Cowboys are 4-1 to the OVER as a favorite, while going 3-0-1 in the past four as a home favorite. They're also 4-0-1 in the past five at home, while the UNDER is 4-1 in the past five against teams with a winning overall mark.
Wyoming hasn't had a lot of success in this series, losing eight straight meetings since its last win in the series Jan. 6, 2018 in Laramie. That day the Cowboys picked up a 79-78 victory in overtime as a one-point underdog. The UNDER is 6-1 across the past seven in this series.
Boise State is 7-0 ATS in the past seven games as a road underdog. (AP)
INSIDE THE STATS - BOISE STATE BRONCOS
- Record: 17-4
- VI Ranking: 35
- PS/G: 67.7 (277th)
- PA/G: 58.3 (6th)
- ORtg: 101.2 (207th)
- DRtg: 87.2 (7th)
INSIDE THE STATS - WYOMING COWBOYS
- Record: 17-3
- VI Ranking: 57
- PS/G: 77.1 (54th)
- PA/G: 66.0 (96th)
- ORtg: 112.5 (25th)
- DRtg: 96.3 (115th)
KEY PLAYERS TO WATCH
- BSU: Abu Kigab - F (13.2 PPG, 6.3 RPG, 2.2 APG, 1.2 SPG)
- BSU: Marcus Shaver Jr. - G (12.9 PPG, 4.0 RPG, 1.9 APG, 1.1 SPG)
- WYO: Graham Ike - F (19.7 PPG, 8.9 RPG, 1.3 APG, 53.7 FG%)
- WYO: Hunter Maldonado - G (19.4 PPG, 6.4 APG, 5.5 RPG, 51.5 FG%)
BOISE STATE BRONCOS VS. WYOMING COWBOYS BETTING CONCLUSION
The Broncos are unbeaten in conference play, going 8-0. They're also 8-0 SU in the past eight meetings against the Cowboys, so it's going to be a tall order for Wyoming to slay the visitors and snap the 14-game win streak of Boise State.
However, I think the Cowboys get it done, perhaps even needing overtime, but they'll get it done. I was equally dubious when Wyoming hosted Colorado State, and the Cowboys gutted out an 84-78 overtime victory. This team is battled tested, a tremendous defensive unit, and Graham Ike and Hunter Maldonado are one of the most underrated tandems in the nation. Look for Wyoming to finally snap Boise State's dominance in the series.
BOISE STATE BRONCOS VS. WYOMING COWBOYS BETTING TRENDS
- Boise State is 9-3 ATS in the past 12 games overall.
- Boise State is 8-1 ATS in the past nine road games.
- Boise State is 5-0 ATS in the past five as an underdog.
- Boise State is 7-0 ATS in the past seven as a road 'dog.
- Boise State is 7-2 ATS in the past nine vs. winning teams.
- Wyoming is 17-7-1 ATS in the past 25 games overall.
- Wyoming is 4-1 ATS in the past five vs. winning teams.
- Wyoming is 1-5 ATS in the past six as a favorite.
- Wyoming is 1-4-1 ATS in the past six as home favorite.
- The UNDER is 5-1 in the past six games for Boise State.
- The UNDER is 9-3 in the past 12 road games for Boise State.
- The UNDER is 6-1 in the past seven as an underdog for Boise State.
- The UNDER is 6-1 in the past seven as a road 'dog for Boise State.
- The OVER is 7-3 in the past 10 vs. winning teams for Boise State.
- The OVER is 4-0-1 in the past five home games for Wyoming.
- The OVER is 3-0-1 in the past four as a home fave for Wyoming.
- The UNDER is 4-1 in the past five vs. winning teams for Wyoming.
- The road team is 4-1 ATS in the past five meetings.