Last Updated Mar 01, 2022, 19:25 PM
Purdue Boilermakers vs. Wisconsin Badgers Predictions, Picks, Odds
Sports Betting Expert
The Purdue Boilermakers (24-5, 13-5 Big Ten) hit the road to face the Wisconsin Badgers (23-5, 14-4) at Kohl Center in Madison on Tuesday. Tip-off is scheduled for 9:00 p.m. ET, and the game can be viewed on ESPN.
Purdue 74 Wisconsin 69
Purdue -141 ML
Purdue -2.5 (-110)
Under 144.5 (-110)
PURDUE BOILERMAKERS VS. WISCONSIN BADGERS PREDICTIONS
The Boilermakers suffered a 68-65 loss last time out at Michigan State on Saturday, a second consecutive setback on the road. Purdue is hoping the third time is a charm, and it is looking to get a little revenge along the way. Purdue sits one game back in the standings for first place in the Big Ten with two to play. And the last time these teams faced each other, the Badgers came away with a 74-69 victory against the Boilermakers at Mackey Arena in West Lafayette, Ind.
In the winning effort, the Badgers shot 44% (27-of-61), including just 24% (6-of-24), while hitting just 74% (14-of-19) from the free-throw line. The good news for Wisconsin is that it turned it over just seven times, while getting outrebounded by a 34-to-32 margin. Purdue hit just 41% (23-of-56) from the field, while cashing in at a 40% (8-of-20) clip from downtown. The Boilermakers turned it over 12 times in that game, however, and it had no blocked shots.
Wisconsin has won four consecutive games, while going 3-1 ATS since a loss against Rutgers at home on Feb. 12. The Badgers can sew up the Big Ten regular-season title with a victory in this one.
PURDUE BOILERMAKERS VS. WISCONSIN BADGERS BETTING ODDS
- Purdue -141
- Wisconsin +120
- Purdue -2.5 (-110)
- Wisconsin +2.5 (-110)
- Over 144 (-110)
- Under 144.5 (-110)
PURDUE BOILERMAKERS VS. WISCONSIN BADGERS BETTING RESOURCES
- Matchup: Big Ten
- Date: Tuesday, March 1, 2022
- Venue: Kohl Center
- Location: Madison, Wisc.
- TV-Time: ESPN - 9:00 p.m. ET
PURDUE BOILERMAKERS BETTING ANALYSIS
Straight Up - SU, Against the Spread - ATS, Over-Under (O/U)
- SU: 24-5
- ATS: 13-14-2
- O/U: 17-12
Purdue's loss at Michigan State didn't necessarily knock them off track for a Big Ten regular-season title, but it made it much more difficult. All of that can be washed away with a win in this one.
The Boilermakers haven't been a friend for bettors at the window, going 0-3-2 ATS across the past five games overall. Well, they're not a friend of bettors backing Purdue. They're loved by those picking against them lately. In any event, the Boilermakers have been very pleasing to those betting the UNDER, as it has cashed in four of the past five games after a 5-0 OVER run from Jan. 27-Feb. 8.
WISCONSIN BADGERS BETTING ANALYSIS
Straight Up - SU, Against the Spread - ATS, Over-Under (O/U)
- SU: 23-5
- ATS: 16-12
- O/U: 18-10
The Badgers won outright as a 13-point underdog in Purdue, and they're riding high into this one, too. Wisconsin has won four consecutive games while going 3-1 ATS during the span. The OVER is also 3-1 in the past four outings, too.
Wisconsin is just 1-4 ATS in the past five home games, but the Badgers are an impressive 23-9-2 ATS in the past 34 games as a home underdog. They're also 5-1 ATS in the past six overall as a 'dog.
For totals, the OVER is 4-1 in the past five for Wisconsin, while going 7-2 in the past nine games at home. The OVER is also a perfect 5-0 in the past five games against teams with a winning overall record, while going 7-3 in the past 10 games as an underdog.
INSIDE THE STATS - PURDUE BOILERMAKERS
- Record: 24-5
- PS/G: 81.6 (6th)
- PA/G: 68.8 (174th)
- ORtg: 120.1 (1st)
- DRtg: 101.2 (215th)
INSIDE THE STATS - WISCONSIN BADGERS
- Record: 23-5
- PS/G: 70.9 (182nd)
- PA/G: 66.2 (88th)
- ORtg: 105.0 (132nd)
- DRtg: 98.0 (135th)
KEY PLAYERS TO WATCH
- PUR: Zach Edey - C (14.8 PPG, 7.4 RPG, 1.5 APG, 1.2 BPG, 68.1 FG%)
- PUR: Jaden Ivey - G (17.3 PPG, 4.8 RPG, 3.0 APG, 1.0 APG, 36.8 3P%)
- WIS: Jonathan Davis - G (20.5 PPG, 8.3 RPG, 2.3 APG, 1.2 SPG, 44.2 FG%)
- WIS: Brad Davison - G (14.2 PPG, 4.1 RPG, 2.0 APG, 34.8 3P%, 89.1 FT%)
PURDUE BOILERMAKERS VS. WISCONSIN BADGERS BETTING CONCLUSION
Wisconsin won the first meeting at Purdue, and that was a rarity in this series. Well, the Badgers have won split the past six in this series straight up, but the Boilermakers are 7-2-1 ATS across the past 10 meetings. The home side had posted a 6-1-1 ATS record heading into that game before the Badgers trashed that trend. The OVER has cashed in each of the past five meetings in this series, too.
The Boilermakers are limping to the finish line a little bit, but they haven't yet fumbled away their chance to win the Big Ten title despite some hiccups lately. And Purdue is a proud team with a tremendous tandem. Revenge is a dish best served cold, and I like Purdue to win this game outright at Wisconsin, perhaps setting up a trilogy matchup in the Big Ten Tournament for all the marbles. Wouldn't that be fun?
PURDUE BOILERMAKERS VS. WISCONSIN BADGERS BETTING TRENDS
- Purdue is 0-3-2 ATS in the past five games overall.
- Purdue is 0-3-2 ATS in the past five as a favorite.
- Purdue is 0-2-2 ATS in the past four vs, winning teams.
- Purdue is 2-6-1 ATS in the past nine as a road favorite.
- Wisconsin is 1-4 ATS in the past five home games.
- Wisconsin is 5-1 ATS in the past six as an underdog.
- Wisconsin is 23-9-2 ATS in the past 34 as a home 'dog.
- Wisconsin is 10-4 ATS in the past 14 following a cover.
- The UNDER is 4-1 in the past five games overall for Purdue.
- The UNDER is 4-1 in the past five games as a favorite for Purdue.
- The OVER is 5-0 in the past five vs. winning teams for Purdue.
- The OVER is 4-1 in the past five games overall for Wisconsin.
- The OVER is 7-2 in the past nine home games for Wisconsin.
- The OVER is 5-0 in the past five vs. winning teams for Wisconsin.
- The OVER is 7-3 in the past 10 as an underdog for Wisconsin.
- The home team is 6-2-1 ATS in the past nine meetings.
- The favorite is 7-3-1 ATS in the past 11 meetings.
- The OVER is 5-0 in the past five meetings.