Create FREE Account

Last Updated Jul 15, 2022, 1:43 PM

MLB Player Props for Thursday, July 14

Prop betting expert Stuart Durst gives his top prop bets to consider for MLB action on Thursday, July 14. Check out his top play for the diamond action below.

  • Yandy Diaz (TBR) Over 0.5 Hits/ Trea Turner (LAD) Over 0.5 Hits (-115)

Yandy Diaz (TBR) Over 0.5 Hits/ Trea Turner (LAD) Over 0.5 Hits (-115)

Yandy Diaz has been one of the hottest hitters in baseball, yet we can still get him at a reasonable price. Diaz is batting .303 on the season, but that's improved drastically to .453 over his last 15 games. Diaz truly fits the model of the player we are trying to target in these parlays, he’s always just trying to put the ball in play and take what the pitchers give him. Diaz has 1+ hit in 15 of his last 17 games, with multiple hits in 10 of those 17 games. Today he should have a good matchup against Red Sox pitcher Kutter Crawford, they’ve only met once but Diaz went 1-2. Crawfords is going to throw about 75% 4seamer and cutter to RHB, which happen to be two of Diaz’s best pitchers batting .391/.421 against them. The other 25% will be made up of his slider/curve, which Diaz is batting .203/.375 against. 

Trea Turner is one of the most consistent hitters in baseball, and we are getting him at a very reasonable price. While he started out the month of July a tad bit slow, Turner has turned it up over his last couple games with 3 straight multi-hit games leading up to today. On the season, Turner is batting .305 but that improves to .319 on the road & .320 over his last 30 games. Today he gets a good matchup against Dakota Hudson, who uses 4 pitches, Sinker/Slider/4Seamer/Curve. Turner is batting .379/.247/.321/.347 vs those pitches, he’ll be ready for whatever Hudson throws at him. Turner is coming with 1+ hit in 19 of his last 25, I expect that to continue today.

We may be compensated by the company links provided on this page. Read more

MLB News