Ravens vs. Titans Wild Card Playoff Predictions, Odds
Ravens vs. Titans Best Bets
- Jan. 9, 2021
- By Jonathan Willis
Ravens vs. Titans - Predictions
- Score Prediction: Tennessee 28, Baltimore 24
- Best Bet: Titans +3.5
The Tennessee Titans went into M&T Stadium and beat the Baltimore Ravens, 30-24 in Week 11. Derrick Henry ran for 133 yards and a touchdown, while Ryan Tannehill was efficient through the air in that game.
Despite that victory, the oddsmakers have made Tennessee a home underdog to Baltimore in the first game of Sunday’s Wild Card slate. The Ravens have the third-lowest odds to win the conference despite being the No. 5 seed, and they are a dangerous opponent.
- Playoff Matchup: AFC Wild Card Weekend
- Expert Picks: Vegas Insiders
- Venue: Nissan Stadium
- Location: Nashville, Tennessee
- Date: Sunday, Jan. 10, 2021
- Time: 1:05 p.m. ET
- TV: ABC/ESPN
- Bet: BetMGM | BetRivers | FanDuel | PointsBet | All |Bet Now in Tennessee
Baltimore Ravens vs. Tennessee Titans Betting Odds
Odds Subject to Change
How to Handicap Ravens vs. Titans
The Ravens were doing a lot of soul searching in the middle of the year. Baltimore started the year 5-1, and this team looked set to return to the playoffs.
However, the Ravens lost four of five in November and early December to drop to 6-5 and put their postseason hopes in danger.
A fortuitous back half of the schedule helped Baltimore go 5-0 to close out the year. The Ravens hammered pushovers Dallas, Jacksonville, Cincinnati, and the New York Giants by at least 14 points, and their only close game came against the Cleveland Browns. That was a wild affair as Baltimore held on 47-42 after both teams combined to score 35 points in the fourth quarter.
Tennessee had an ominous start to the season. The Titans beat three teams that ended up posting losing records by a combined six points, and then their game with the Pittsburgh Steelers had to be moved back due to COVID resulting in a Week 4 bye.
They overcame that potential pitfall by thrashing Buffalo and edging Houston to start the season 5-0, but they had an up and down next few weeks.
The Titans were able to knock off Chicago and Baltimore, but they suffered a rough loss to Cincinnati and were hammered by Cleveland and Green Bay.
Tennessee was pushed to the limit by Houston in Week 17 with the AFC South title on the line, but Sam Sloman knocked in a 37-yard field goal off the upright as time expired to give the Titans the division.
2020 Betting Stats
(Straight Up - SU, Against the Spread - ATS, Over-Under - O/U)
- Overall: 11-5 SU, 10-6 ATS, 7-9 O/U
- Road: 6-2 SU, 5-3 ATS, 3-5 O/U
- Offense PPG: 29.3 (Rank 7th)
- Defense PPG: 18.9 (Rank 2nd)
- Offense YPG: 363.1 (Rank 19th)
- Defense YPG: 329.8 (Rank 7th)
- Overall: 11-5 SU, 7-9 ATS, 12-3-1 O/U
- Home: 5-3 SU, 4-4 ATS, 6-1-1 O/U
- Offense PPG: 30.7 (Rank 4th)
- Defense PPG: 27.4 (Rank 24th)
- Offense YPG: 396.4 (Rank 3rd)
- Defense YPG: 398.3 (Rank 28th)
Betting Analysis - Baltimore Ravens
Lamar Jackson has been waiting to redeem himself after last year’s stunning loss to Tennessee in the Divisional Round.
Jackson turned the ball over three times, and Baltimore turned the ball over on downs four times in the 28-12 loss to the Titans. He has not looked as impressive this year as he did during last year’s MVP campaign though, particularly struggling against good teams.
This is still the most feared run game in the league. While Tennessee has Henry, Baltimore has Jackson, J.K. Dobbins, Gus Edwards, and Mark Ingram.
The Ravens are averaging 5.5 YPC and 191.9 YPG on the ground. Jackson surpassed 1,000 rushing yards for the second straight year, averaging 6.0 YPC. Dobbins ran for 805 yards (6.0 YPC) and Edwards ran for 723 yards (5.0 YPC).
Marquise Brown has been frustrated by his role in this offense at times. Brown is the only true threat at wide receiver, but he doesn’t see as many targets as he would on another team. He leads the Ravens with 58 receptions for 769 yards and eight touchdowns, while tight end Mark Edwards had 58 receptions for 701 yards and seven touchdowns.
Willie Snead IV was the only other player with more than 270 receiving yards, and he is questionable to play on Sunday.
Baltimore has the most reliable kicker in the NFL in Justin Tucker. Tucker missed just four of his 82 kicks this season, and two of those attempts were from longer than 50 yards.
This defense has had some trouble stopping the run. Opposing teams have averaged 4.6 YPC against this front seven. That’s been surprising considering talented players like Brandon Williams, Calais Campbell, and Matthew Judon have all been largely healthy.
Marlon Humphrey is questionable to play, and neither he nor Campbell practiced on Thursday.
Betting Analysis - Tennessee Titans
Henry has proven that workhorse running backs still have a place in the NFL. He was one of only two running backs to finish the year with over 1,200 yards, and two games against Houston helped King Henry become the eighth 2,000-yard rusher in NFL history. It was the second straight season Henry led the NFL in rushing, averaging 5.4 YPC with 17 touchdowns.
His presence and effectiveness have helped Tannehill revitalize his career in Tennessee. The veteran is thriving off play action since arriving in Nashville, and he completed 65.5 percent of his passes for over 3,800 yards (7.9 YPC) with 33 touchdowns and seven interceptions in 2020.
Tannehill was sacked 24 times, but he is a sneaky good runner with 266 yards (6.2 YPC) and seven touchdowns.
Injuries slowed down A.J. Brown and Corey Davis at different times this year. Both Brown and Davis would have been 1,000-yard receivers if they had played all 16 games, but Davis missed the milestone after missing two games.
Brown led the team with 70 receptions for 1,075 yards and 11 touchdowns, while Davis was nearly as effective with 65 receptions for 984 yards and five TDs. Brown is considered questionable with knee and hand injuries and did not practice on Thursday.
The kicking game has been an adventure for Tennessee in 2020. Stephen Gostkowski has had some major issues, making less than 70 percent of his field goals. Oddly, Gostkowski is 7-8 from 50 yards or more, but he is 11-18 from inside that distance.
Tennessee’s defense has been an issue this year. The Titans rank in the bottom ten in scoring defense and total defense.
The front seven hasn’t been bad although Jayon Brown and Jadeveon Clowney are on injured reserve, but the secondary has struggled more than expected with Adoree’ Jackson only playing three games. Jackson is seen as questionable to play this week against Baltimore.
Tennessee overcame a 21-10 third quarter deficit to knock off Baltimore earlier this season. Tannehill led the Titans on scoring drives of 81 and 90 yards in the fourth quarter, and Henry sealed the game in overtime with a 29-yard touchdown run.
Notable Betting Trends
- Baltimore has covered for six straight weeks
- The over has cashed in each of Tennessee’s last six games as an underdog
- Baltimore is 3-7-1 ATS in its last 11 games against Tennessee
- Nov. 22, 2020 - Tennessee 30 at Baltimore 24 (OT), Titans +6, Over 50.5
- Jan. 11, 2020 - Tennessee 28 at Baltimore 12, Titans +10, Under 47.5
- Oct. 14, 2018 - Baltimore 21 at Tennessee 0, Ravens -2.5, Under 43.5
Recent Playoff History
- Jan. 11, 2020 - Ravens 12 vs. Titans 28, Ravens -10, Under 47.5
- Jan. 6, 2019 - Ravens 17 vs. Chargers 23, Ravens -3, Under 43
- Jan. 19, 2020 - Titans 24 at Chiefs 35, Titans +7.5, Over 51
- Jan. 11, 2020 - Titans 28 at Ravens 12, Titans +10, Under 7.5
- Jan. 4, 2020 - Titans 20 at Patriots 13, Titans +4.5, Under 45
- CB Marlon Humphrey: Shoulder – Questionable
- WR Willie Snead: Ankle – Questionable
- CB Jimmy Smith: Shoulder – Questionable
- DE Yannick Ngakoue: Thigh – Questionable
- G Patrick Mekari: Back – Questionable
- WR Adam Humphries: Concussion – Questionable
- G Rodger Saffold: Ankle – Questionable
- T Taylor Lewan: ACL – Out
- T Ty Sambrailo: Undisclosed – Out
- CB Chris Milton: Undisclosed – Out
- DB Dane Cruikshank: Undisclosed – Out
- LB Daren Bates: Elbow – Out
- DE Jadeveon Clowney: Knee – Out
Where to place a bet this NFL Season?
- Use our exclusive BetMGM Bonus Code VIBONUS to unlock BetMGM’s welcome offer for new sportsbook users!
- Compare the latest NFL Odds from the best sportsbooks before placing a bet on this week's games.
- Check out the Kentucky Sportsbooks and their exciting pre-registration offers just before they launch legal online sports betting.
- NFL SEP 22, 2023
NFL Odds Week 3: Lines, Spreads, Betting Trends For Every Game
- NFL SEP 23, 2023
Steelers vs Raiders Picks, Predictions, Odds | Sunday Night Football Week 3
- NFL SEP 20, 2023
Super Bowl Odds Report, Trends: Everything You Need to Know
- NFL SEP 22, 2023
NFL Player Prop Picks – Week 3
- NFL SEP 22, 2023
NFL Parlay Picks Week 3
- NFL SEP 22, 2023
NFL Weekly Free Picks, Predictions, Odds