Last Updated Sep 20, 2022, 2:14 PM
Week 2 NFL Tech Trends
US Sports Betting Industry Expert
NFL betting expert and handicapper Bruce Marshall breaks down the top trends for the entire Week 2 NFL slate. Check them out below and be sure sure to visit our NFL picks page for expert selections on games this week!
Thursday, Sept. 15
L.A. Chargers at Kansas City (Prime Video, 8:15 p.m.)
- Chargers have won and covered past two and three of last four years at Arrowhead.
- Bolts 4-1 as dog last season.
- Andy Reid on 13-19 spread skid since mid 2020, but did win and cover impressively vs. Cards in opener.
- Last three “over” in series.
Tech Play: Chargers, Over
Sunday, Sept. 18
Carolina at N.Y. Giants (FOX, 1:00 p.m.)
- Panthers were swamped at Giants last Oct 24 as the Carolina season started to unravel.
- Panthers lost and failed to cover 12 of last 14 a year ago.
- Panthers lost last 7 vs. number, also failed to cover last four away, and began 2022 with another L vs. Browns.
- NY now “under” 19-5-1 after Titans result.
Tech Play: Under
N.Y. Jets at Cleveland (CBS, 1:00 p.m.)
- Jets just 12-22 vs. spread since 2020 after opening loss to Ravens.
- Jets also 2-7 vs. spread last nine away.
- Browns dropped last five vs. points as chalk a year ago.
- Browns also went “under” 6-1 last seven in 2021, though "over" last week at Carolina.
Tech Play: Under
Indianapolis at Jacksonville (CBS, 1:00 p.m.)
- This is where the Colts season ended abruptly last year in final week and finished Wentz with Indy.
- Jags have actually covered last five series meetings and have won and covered last six as host vs. Colts.
- Indy had covered six straight on road last season before losing finale at Jags, and no cover in 2022 opener at Texans.
- J’ville was only 3-6 vs. spread as host in 2021.
- J’ville, though "over" last week, also “under” 13-6 dating to late 2020, and last three “under” in series.
Tech Play: Jaguars, Under
New England at Pittsburgh (CBS, 1:00 p.m.)
- No more Brady vs. Big Ben as much of last decade.
- Belichick 5-3 vs. spread away in reg season a year ago.
- Pats also “over” 10-3 last 13 in reg season, but poor effort and an L in last week's opener vs. Dolphins, which landed "under" at Miami.
- Tomlin closed faster last season covering last three at home.
Tech Play: Steelers
Tampa Bay at New Orleans (FOX, 1:00 p.m.)
- Brady’s Bucs have lost and failed to cover all four reg season games vs. Saints past two seasons.
- Nola has won and covered last seven reg season meetings, but TB did win the one that counted most in 2020 Division Round at Superdome.
- Bucs only 3-5 vs. spread last eight as visitor a year ago before win and cover at Dallas last week.
- Nola only 2-5 vs. spread last seven as host a year ago and also “under” 6-1 last seven in 2021 before "over" at Atlanta in opener.
Tech Play: Saints, Under
Miami at Baltimore (CBS, 1:00 p.m.)
- Dolphins got Ravens at home last season, part of their 8-1 SU stretch run (7-2 vs. line).
- Fins now extended to 9-1 SU and 8-2 vs. line last ten after opening win, though Miami had a 5-game winless spread streak prior.
- Baltimore has won last six home openers outright and covered in five of those.
Tech Play: Ravens
Washington at Detroit (FOX, 1:00 p.m.)
- At one time this was a series dominated by Washington from 60s into 80s.
- Wash was 3-1-1 vs. line last five away in 2021 and closed season 6-2-1 vs. spread before win and cover in opener vs. Jags.
- Lions have now covered last five at home and 7 of last 9 overall at Ford Field after spread W vs. Eagles last week.
- Wash was also “under” 9-3 to close 2021 before "over" last week vs. J'ville.
Tech Play: Under
Seattle at San Francisco (FOX, 4:05 p.m.)
- Seahawks have beaten Niners four straight and five of six since 2019, also won and covered last three at Santa Clara.
- Hawks “under” 18-8 last 26 since mid 2020 after Denver last Monday.
- Niners did close fast a season ago, covering last five, seven of eight, and 10 of last 12 games.
- Niners wins and covers last four as host, though laid an egg in opener at Chicago last week.
Tech Play: Seahawks, Under
Atlanta at L.A. Rams (FOX, 4:05 p.m.)
- Falcs better on road than at home last season, 5-2-1 last eight vs. spread away.
- Note Rams only 3-7 vs. points last ten at SoFi after last Thursday's loss to Bills.
Tech Play: Falcons
Houston at Denver (CBS, 4:25 p.m.)
- Texans dropped 5 of last 7 vs. spread away last season.
- Broncos now “under” 13-5 since last season after Monday in Seattle.
Tech Play: Broncos, Under
Arizona at Las Vegas (CBS, 4:25 p.m.)
- Cards covered their first seven on road last season and were 8-1 vs. line as reg season visitor a year ago.
- Kingsbury 16-6 vs. spread in first seven weeks of campaign since 2019.
- Raiders 0-3 as Allegiant Stadium chalk last season.
Tech Play: Cardinals
Cincinnati at Dallas (CBS, 4:25 p.m.)
- Bengals closed last season covering eight in a row, including last six as a dog.
- Bengals also covered last nine away from Paul Brown Stadium in 2021.
- Cincy “under” last six as well.
- Cowboys only 2-5 vs. spread last seven as host.
Tech Play: Bengals, Under
Chicago at Green Bay (NBC, 8:20 p.m.)
- Pack has mostly owned Bears lately, won and covered last six meetings.
- Pack 6-0 SU, 5-1 vs. spread last six at Lambeau vs. Chicago.
- Note Green Bay has covered 14 straight in reg season after a SU loss.
- Bears also 3-7 vs. points last ten away, though did begin Eberflus era with a handy win over Niners last week.
Tech Play: Packers
Monday, Sept. 19
Tennessee at Buffalo (ESPN, 7:15 p.m.)
- Titans scored a narrow win and cover vs. Bills at home in October last season on another Monday game.
- Titans won and covered last two years vs. Buff in higher-scoring games.
- Vrabel 6-2 as dog last season, 12-6-1 last 19 as dog.
- Bills closed last season 6-2-1 vs. spread last nine at home.
- Tenn 5-1 “under” last seven dating to late last season.
Tech Play: Over
Minnesota at Philadelphia (ABC, 8:30 p.m.)
- Vikes “over” 22-10 last two seasons before "under" in opener vs. Pack.
- Birds now “over” 6-1 last seven after Lions game and 4-3-1 last eight as chalk.
- Last five “over” for Philly at Linc LY.
Tech Play: Over