Last Updated Sep 27, 2022, 7:25 PM
Week 3 NFL Tech Trends
US Sports Betting Industry Expert
NFL betting expert and handicapper Bruce Marshall breaks down the top trends for the entire Week 3 NFL slate. Check them out below and be sure sure to visit our NFL picks page for expert selections on games this week!
Thursday, Sept. 22
Pittsburgh at Cleveland (Prime Video, 8:15 p.m.)
- Steelers have won and covered last five regular-season meetings but, like Saints-Bucs, is a 2020 playoff game won by Brownies 48-37.
- If Tomlin a dog note 11-5 spread mark last 16 getting points.
- Cleveland 2-6 vs. spread last eight as host since 2021, Browns also no covers last six as chalk after Jets loss.
Tech Play: Steelers
Sunday, Sept. 25
Houston at Chicago (CBS, 1:00 p.m.)
- Lovie back in Chicago! Texans on 5-1 spread uptick last five since late 2021.
- Bears closed 2021 on 3-9 spread skid before beating Niners in opener but regressed last Sunday in another loss to Pack.
- Prior to last two Bears covers at Solder Field, Chi had dropped five straight spread decisions at home.
- These teams both "under" each of their first two in 2022.
Tech Play: Texans, Under
Detroit at Minnesota (FOX, 1:00 p.m.)
- In nine of the first nineteen games that Dan Campbell coached the Lions, they covered the spread in games they lost outright.
- They're also now 13-6 vs. spread in those 19 after Wash win last week.
- Vikes closed last season “over” 7 of last 8 before going “under” first two in 2022.
- Almost identical scores reversed vs. Pack & Eagles (23-7 & 7-24).
Tech Play: Lions
Las Vegas at Tennessee (FOX, 1:00 p.m.)
- Teams haven’t met since Dec 2019 when Titans and Derrick Henry ran over Raiders 42-21 in one of final games in Oakland.
- Raiders just 3-6 last nine vs. spread on road since early 2021.
- Titans still 6-4 vs. line last ten at home after Giants debacle in opener.
- Tenn 6-2 “under” last eight since late 2021.
- These teams are a combined 0-4 SU and vs. spread thru the first two weeks of 2022.
Tech Play: Titans, Under
Cincinnati at N.Y. Jets (CBS, 1:00 p.m.)
- Even with win over Brownies last week, J-Men only 2-9 vs. points in first three games of season since 2019.
- Jets only 4-6 vs. line last ten at home but did beat Bengals at MetLife LY.
- Cincy had covered six straight away from home since that loss to Jets last Halloween prior to loss at Dallas.
- Bengals also “under” 7-0 last seven since late 2021.
Tech Play: Bengals, Under
New Orleans at Carolina (FOX, 1:00 p.m.)
- Teams have split spread decisions each of past three seasons.
- After loss to G-Men, Panthers now on 9-game spread skid since mid 2021, 2-14 vs. line last 16 on board.
- Saints 4-2 last five vs. spread on road, also “under” 7-2 last eight since mid 2021.
- Series also “under” last three.
Tech Play: Saints, Under
Baltimore at New England (FOX, 1:00 p.m.)
- Belichick covered 4 of last 5 at home in 2021 but no covers five of last seven since late last season.
- Ravens 6-4 vs. spread last ten since mid 2021. Tech edge-slight to Ravens, based on recent trends.
Tech Play: Ravens
Buffalo at Miami (CBS, 1:00 p.m.)
- Bills have won last seven SU in series, covered 4 of last 5 and 5 of last 7.
- Bills opened 2022 with a roar, blowing out Rams and Titans by combined 72-17 scoreline.
- Dolphins however 10-1 SU, 9-2 vs. line since mid 2021 after wild rally past Ravens last week.
- Buff also 5-0-1 vs. spread last six reg season games.
Tech Play: Bills
Philadelphia at Washington (FOX, 1:00 p.m.)
- Birds 1-4 vs. spread last five away.
- Wash, though off loss in Detroit, on 7-3-1 spread run last eleven on board, 4-1 last five vs. line at Fed Ex Field.
Tech Play: Commanders
Kansas City at Indianapolis (CBS, 1:00 p.m.)
- Haven’t met since 2019 when Indy surprised KC at Arrowhead, 19-13.
- Chiefs only 13 covers last 33 games after Thursday vs. Chargers.
- Colts 5-1 last six as dog, but yet to win or cover in two tries this season.
- KC on 8-2 “over” run since mid 2021.
Tech Play: Colts, Over
Jacksonville at L.A. Chargers (CBS, 4:05 p.m.)
- Jags were on 1-8 spread skid since after bitter loss at Wash in opener but recovered to blank Colts last week.
- J’ville “under” 14-6 last 20 after Indy result.
- Bolts had been “over” six straight prior to last two “under” results to begin 2022.
Tech Play: Under
Atlanta at Seattle (FOX, 4:25 p.m.)
- Falcs have lost outright but covered in first two, now 5-2-2 vs. points last nine on road after Rams.
- Falcs been “under” 7-2 last at home prior to Saints opener.
- Hawks actually 5-2 vs. spread last seven as host.
Tech Play: Falcons, Under
L.A. Rams at Arizona (FOX, 4:25 p.m.)
- Mostly Ram dominance since McVay took over, 10-1 SU and 9-2 vs. spread against Big Red since 2017.
- LA “under” 4-2 last six since late 2021. Kingsbury did beat Raiders in thriller last week but still on 2-6 spread skid since late 2021.
Tech Play: Rams
Green Bay at Tampa Bay (FOX, 4:25 p.m.)
- Pack did get cover vs. bears last week but still just 2-5 vs. spread last six since late 2021, also no covers last four away.
- Bucs won and covered twice in meetings the previous 2020 season, the latter in NFC title game.
- TB on 9-3 spread surge since mid 2021 after Saints win.
Tech Play: Buccaneers
San Francisco at Denver (NBC, 8:20 p.m.)
- Broncos now on 14-5 “under” run since Fangio and start of last season (2-0 "udner" for hackett in 2022).
- Denver 4-3 vs. points last six vs. spread as host, but if Niners a dog note their five straight covers in role.
- SF on 9-1 “under” run of its own.
Tech Play: Under
Monday, Sept. 26
Dallas at N.Y. Giants (ESPN, 8:15 p.m.)
- Jerry Jones has now covered 8 of last 10 against NY.
- Cowboys also on 11-3 “under” run, while G-Men now "under" 20-5 stretching back to midway in the 2020 campaign.
- Tech edge-Cowboys and “under,” based on series and “totals” trends.
Tech Play: Cowboys, Under