Last Updated Dec 18, 2022, 5:17 PM
NFL Betting Trends - Week 15
US Sports Betting Industry Expert
Betting expert and handicapper Bruce Marshall breaks down the top trends for the entire Week 15 NFL slate. Check them out below and be sure to visit our NFL picks page for expert selections on games this week!
Thursday, December 15
San Francisco 49ers vs. Seattle Seahawks (Amazon Prime, 8:15 p.m.)
- Seahawks were a thorny foe for 49ers in the Russell Wilson years, but not with Geno Smith in first meeting this season when SF won and covered 27-7.
- Niners have now won six straight, covered last four and five of six, this season, and on 18-7 spread uptick since mid 2021.
- Meanwhile Seattle now on 4-game spread skid after Panthers loss.
Tech Play: Niners
Saturday, December 17
Indianapolis Colts vs. Minnesota Vikings (NFL Network, 1:00 p.m.)
- Colts no covers last two or five of last seven this season, also “under” 14-4 since late 2021 (though “over” last two).
- Vikes 10-3 SU but only 6-6-1 vs. line in 2021, also “over” three in a row.
Tech Play: Under
Baltimore Ravens vs. Cleveland Browns (NFL Network, 4:30 p.m.)
- Ravens have covered three straight at Cleveland.
- Balt 5-2 SU and vs. spread away this season, also “under” 8-2 last ten in 2022.
- Browns now “under” three straight in 2022, including both with Deshaun Watson back at QB.
Tech Play: Ravens, Under
Miami Dolphins vs. Buffalo Bills (NFL Network, 8:15 p.m.)
- Dolphins won first meeting back on Sept 19 but trips to Buffalo have been harsh on Dolphins for years, they’re 1-9 SU and 2-8 vs. spread last ten at Orchard Park.
- Last two Dolphins wins at Buffalo since 2011 have also both been with long-since departed Matt Moore at QB.
- Miami now 0-5-1 vs. spread last six away this season.
- Bills “under” 10-3 in 2022.
Tech Play: Bills, Under
Sunday, December 18
Philadelphia Eagles vs. Chicago Bears (FOX, 1:00 p.m.)
- Birds 6-0 SU on road this season (though only 2-4 vs. line away, even after Giants win last week).
- Philly also now “over” 7-1 last eight after romping past G-Men last Sunday.
- Bears no covers last four this season, also “over” seven In a row.
Tech Play: Eagles, Over
Kansas City Chiefs vs. Houston Texans (CBS, 1:00 p.m.)
- Chiefs have only covered three of last nine this season after another spread L last week in Denver, also no covers last three on road.
- KC also “under” 9-5 since late 2021.
- Texans 1-4 vs. spread last five, 2-6 last eight after near-miss vs. Dallas last week.
- Lovie Smith also “under” 4-1 last five in 2022.
Tech Play: Under
Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Carolina Panthers (CBS, 1:00 p.m.)
- Mike Tomlin 4-4-1 in once-profitable dog role this season.
- Steel also “under” 10-5 in reg season since late 2021.
- Panthers 4-3 SU last seven, covers last four and six of last seven for Steve Wilks this season.
- Carolina also “under” 5-1 last six at Charlotte in 2022.
Tech Play: Panthers, Under
Detroit Lions vs. New York Jets (CBS, 1:00 p.m.)
- Hot Lions have won five of last six outright, covered last six, 6-0-1 last seven vs. spread.
- Also now “over” 11-4 since late 2021.
- Dan Campbell 20-9-1 vs. spread since last season.
- Jets now two straight Ls for first time this season, also “under” 5-2 last seven in 2022.
Tech Play: Lions, Over
Dallas Cowboys vs. Jacksonville Jaguars (FOX, 1:00 p.m.)
- Cowboys “over” 5-1 last six this season after Texans game, and Dallas still 8- 4 last 12 vs. line in 2022 even after non-cover vs. Houston.
- Jags have now won and covered three of last five this season, also “over” last three in 2022.
Tech Play: Over
Atlanta Falcons vs. New Orleans Saints (FOX, 1:00 p.m.)
- Saints won but couldn’t cover opener, though NO has now won five of last six meetings outright.
- NO 4-3 vs. line at home this season, also “under” 5-1 last six after “overs” in previous four.
- Falcons on 1-6 spread tailspin, also “under” 5-1 last six this season.
Tech Play: Saints, Under
Arizona Cardinals vs. Denver Broncos (FOX, 4:05 p.m.)
- Broncos caught a rare “over” last week but still “under” 11-2 this season and 23-7 “under” since Vic Fangio’s last ride in 2021.
- Denver has covered two straight for first time this season, however. Cards 3-2 vs. line away this season, 11-3 vs. spread as visitor in reg season since 2021.
- Arizona “over” 5-1-1 last seven even after Patriots game landed "under" on Monday night.
Tech Play: Cardinals, Under
New England Patriots vs. Las Vegas Raiders (FOX, 4:05 p.m.)
- Belichick had dropped two straight vs. number this season after having covered six of seven previous seven, all prior to win at Arizona on Monday.
- Pats also “under” 5-1 after Monday, and 4-1-1 vs. spread away this season.
- Raiders 3-2 vs. spread at home in 2022, also on 5-2 “under” run after Rams game last Thursday.
Tech Play: Patriots, Under
Tennessee Titans vs. Los Angeles Chargers (CBS, 4:25 p.m.)
- Titans have lost and failed to cover last three this season after eight game spread win streak.
- Tenn also “over” 3-1 last four after six straight “unders” previous, and 10-6 as road dog since late 2019.
- Chargers on 4-1-1 “under” run after Miami result.
Tech Play: Titans, Under
Cincinnati Bengals vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (CBS, 4:25 p.m.)
- After win over Browns, Bengals have won and covered five straight this season, 18-3 vs number since late last season.
- Cincy also “under” last three in 2022 and “under” 13-4-1 since late 2021.
- Bucs “over” last week vs. Niners but were “under” 10-2 previously this season.
- Brady also on 1-9-1 spread skid.
Tech Play: Bengals, Under
New York Giants vs. Washington Commanders (NBC, 8:20 p.m.)
- Teams played to draw two weeks ago (NY cover) at MetLife.
- G-Men, however, are winless last four SU (0-3-1) in 2022 and 1-4-1 SU last six vs. spread this season.
- NY started this campaign on 7-1-1 under” run but now “over” 3-0-1 last four.
- Wash 6-1-1 SU and vs. spread last eight this season, also “under” 10-4-1 since late 2021.
Tech Play: Commanders, Under
Los Angeles Rams vs. Green Bay Packers (ESPN, 8:15 p.m.)
- Pack has won and covered at home last two years vs. Rams, part of Aaron Rodgers' seven straight covers vs. LA.
- Rams 0-3-1 vs. spread last four away this season, now on back-to-back spread covers first time in 2022 but still just 4-8-1 vs. line this season and 4-10-1 back to late 2021.
- LA also on 10-5 “under” run after Raiders result.
- GB only 2-4 vs. spread at Lambeau in 2022, also working on four straight “over” results.
Tech Play: Packers