Last Updated Aug 30, 2021, 13:52 PM
Tech Trends - Week 14
Don't miss out on expert College Football selections from Bruce Marshall this season on VegasInsider.com. Click to win!
Week 14 of the College Football season kicks off on Thursday Dec. 3 and concludes on Sunday, Dec. 6.
We've identified betting trends and angles for key matchups between FBS matchups.
We also have "Tech Edge" leans on the side or total for each game too.
Straight Up (SU), Against the Spread (ATS), Over-Under (O/U)
Thursday, Dec. 3
LOUISIANA TECH at NORTH TEXAS (CBSSN, 6:00 p.m.)
- After UTSA loss, UNT 6-19 last 25 on board since mid 2018.
- Skip Holtz and La Tech have won and covered 5 of last 6 vs. Mean Green.
Tech Edge: La Tech, based on team and series trends.
AIR FORCE at UTAH STATE (CBSSN, 9:30 p.m.)
- Win over UNM broke Utags’ 0-5 SU and spread skid since late LY.
- USU still just 5-10 vs. line last 15 on board since mid 2019.
- Force on 4-0-1 spread uptick in series.
Tech Edge:Air Force, based on team and series trends.
Friday, Dec. 4
UL-LAFAYETTE at APPALACHIAN STATE (ESPN, 7:30 p.m.)
- Even after big win vs. Troy last weekend, App having a miserable 2020 vs. spread for new HC Clark, just 2-7 vs. line, now 2-8 last 10 vs. number since late 2019.
- If Ragin’ Cajuns getting points note 8-3-1 dog mark for Billy Napier since 2018.
Tech Edge: UL-Lafayette, especially if dog, based on recent trends.
BOISE STATE at UNLV (CBSSN, 8:30 p.m.)
- After Wyoming loss, UNLV 0-5 SU and vs. line in 2019 (counts SJSU as loss).
- Rebs 2-6 vs. spread last 8 as host (0-3 at Allegiant Stadium TY).
- Boise 15-8 vs. line last 23 as MW visitor.
Tech Edge: Boise State, based on team trends.
Saturday, Dec. 5
GEORGIA TECH at N.C. STATE (ACC, 4 p.m.)
- Pack a pleasant surprise in 2020, 7-3 SU and vs. 6-4 line after 2-10 spread nosedive in 2019.
- NCS also “over” 10-4 last 14 since late 2019.
- GT 7-12-1 vs. spread for Collins since he arrived LY (though did narrowly win and cover vs Wolfpack in 2019).
- Jackets also on 12-4 “over” run since early 2019.
Tech Edge: NCS and “over,” based on team and “totals” trends.
VANDERBILT at GEORGIA (SEC, 4:00 p.m.)
- Georgia has won and covered last 4 meetings after Kirby Smart lost to Dores in 2016.
Tech Edge: Georgia, based on series trends.
CLEMSON at VIRGINIA TECH (ABC, 7:30 p.m.)
- Even after Pitt win, Dabo only 3-6 vs. spread his first 9 in 2020, now 3-7 vs, line since late last season.
- Though extended marks still very good (11-6-1 vs. points as visitor since 2017).
- VT on 3-8 spread slide since late 2019.
Tech Edge: Slight to Clemson, based on team trends.
BOSTON COLLEGE at VIRGINIA (FSN, 3:30 p.m.)
- Hafley 4-2 as dog at BC, and Eagles 18-7-1 as dog since 2017.
- Cavs however have covered last four this season, and Bronco Mendenhall 22-13 vs. points since 2018.
- Cavs also “over” 12-2 last 14 since mid 2019.
Tech Edge: “Over,” based on recent UVa “totals” trends.
SOUTH CAROLINA at KENTUCKY (SEC, 7:30 p.m.)
- SC has really hit skids with 5 SU and spread losses in a row in 2020, costing Muschamp his job.
- UK only 1-4 SU and 1-3-1 vs. line last five TY.
- Cats had won 5 straight and 6-0-1 vs. line in previous seven in series prior to last year’s 24-7 Gamecocks win.
Tech Edge: Slight to UK, based on extended series trends.
LIBERTY at COASTAL CAROLINA (ESPNU, 2:00 p.m.)
- Flames have covered last seven in 2020, Freeze also 6-1 last 7 as dog, while Coastal 8-1-1 vs. line this season.
Tech Edge: Slight to Liberty, based on team trends.
MARYLAND at MICHIGAN (BTN, 3:30 p.m.)
- Harbaugh no covers last five in 2020, now on 1-7 spread skid since late 2019.
- Harbaugh, however, has won and covered all five vs. Terps since taking over Wolverines in 2015.
Tech Edge: Slight to Michigan, based on series trends.
OHIO STATE at MICHIGAN STATE (ABC, 12:00 p.m.)
- Buckeyes no covers last two in 2020, OSU now 3-6 last nine on board after 8 straight covers in 2019.
- But MSU struggling for Tucker at 2-3 SU and vs. line, also just 7-15 vs. number since late 2018.
- Bucks have won and covered last three in series by 108-19 total score.
Tech Edge: OSU, based on team and recent series trends.
NEBRASKA at PURDUE (BTN, 12:00 p.m.)
- Boilermakers no covers last four TY after covers in 8 of their previous 9 games.
- Meanwhile Huskers got cover at Iowa but Frost still just 5-12 vs. spread since LY.
- Purdue only 1-5 last six as chalk overall but 5-1 vs. spread last six in series.
Tech Edge: Purdue, based on team and series trends.
PENN STATE at RUTGERS (FS1, 12:00 p.m.)
- Penn State finally with a W in 2020 but still just 1-5 vs. line.
- Scarlet Knights have covered last three in series.
- Schiano 3-2 vs. line in return to Rutgers.
Tech Edge: Rutgers, based on recent and series trends.
FAU at GEORGIA SOUTHERN (ESPN+, 6:00 p.m.)
- FAU “under” 5-1 for Taggart TY, GSU “under” 8-4 last 12 since late 2019.
Tech Edge: “Under,” based on “totals” trends.
BOWLING GREEN at AKRON (ESPN3, 2:00 p.m.)
- Akron 0-16 SU, 2-14 since LY vs. line for Arth.
- BGSU 4-12 vs. spread for Loeffler.
- Falcs won and covered 35-6 LY.
Tech Edge: BGSU, based on team trends.
BALL STATE at CENTRAL MICHIGAN (ESPNU, 5:30 p.m.)
- Ball 1-3 vs. line in 2020, McElwain now 13-5 vs. line for Chips after EMU win.
- CMU 7-1 vs. spread at home for McElwain.
Tech Edge: CMU, based on recent trends.
KENT STATE at MIAMI-OHIO (CBSSN, 12:00 p.m.)
- KSU on 9-3 spread uptick since mid 2019, and has covered six of last seven away from Dix Stadium (counts Buffalo loss last week).
- Though one of the Ls in that span came against RedHawks.
- Golden Flashes also on 7-2 “over” run since that lost to Miami in 2019.
Tech Edge: Kent State, based on recent trends.
BUFFALO at OHIO (CBSSN, 3:30 p.m.)
- Home team has covered last three in series.
- Solich 14-5 as dog since 2015, even though just 6-10 overall vs. spread since last season.
- Leipold 29-13-3 spread uptick last three+ years.
Tech Edge: Ohio, based on team and series home trends.
EASTERN MICHIGAN at WESTERN MICHIGAN (ESPN+, 1:00 p.m.)
- Eagles not quite same spread magic this season now 2-2 vs. line after blowing CMU game.
- On road EMU has covered its first two and as road dog Creighton has been superb (19-3-1 as dog away from home since late 2015).
- Also 3-0-1 vs. line last four vs. WMU. Broncos however 4-0 SU and 3-1 vs. line to open 2020.
Tech Edge: EMU, based on team and series trends.
FIU at CHARLOTTE (ESPN3, 12:00 p.m.)
- Golden Panthers struggling, 0-5 SU TY and just 5-13 vs. spread since 2019.
- Though FIU has won outright last five in series.
Tech Edge: Slight to Charlotte, based on recent trends.
RICE at MARSHALL (ESPN3, 12:00 p.m.)
- Herd unbeaten 7-0 SU, 5-2 vs. line TY.
- Though Doc only 2-2 vs. line at home TY, 3-8 vs. spread as host since 2019.
- Owls actually 8-3 vs. number last 11 away.
Tech Edge: Slight to Rice, based on team trends.
FLORIDA at TENNESSEE (CBS, 3:30 p.m.)
- Bottom has dropped out for Vols, lost and failed to cover last five TY, all by DD margins.
- Gators have won and covered last three meetings (Dan Mullen 81-24 total score last two years).
Tech Edge: Florida, based on team and series trends.
OREGON STATE at UTAH (ESPN, 10:30 p.m.)
- After Oregon upset, Beavs have covered last three TY and now 12-3 vs. spread last 15 on board.
- Though one of those recent Ls was a 52-7 loss at Corvallis LY vs. a better Utah team.
Tech Edge: OSU, based on recent trends.
COLORADO at ARIZONA (FS1, 7 p.m.)
- Sumlin 3-14 SU last 17 with Cats since late 2018, also 4-12 last 16 vs. spread.
- Though has won and covered last two years vs. Buffs, part of UA 3-game series SU and spread win streak.
- CU 3-0 SU and vs. line TY for Dorrell.
Tech Edge: Colorado, based on recent trends.
UCLA at ARIZONA STATE (FS1, 10:30 p.m.)
- Bruins have covered 3 in a row in 2020, and Chip has covered last two vs. ASU.
- UCLA also on 3-game series cover streak.
- Herm on 2-6 spread skid at Tempe.
Tech Edge: UCLA, based on recent and series trends.
SYRACUSE at NOTRE DAME (NBC, 2:30 p.m.)
- Dino 9-13 vs. spread since last season, 3-6 vs. spread last 9 away.
- Domers on 10-4 spread uptick after UNC win.
Tech Edge: Notre Dame, based on recent trends.
STANFORD at WASHINGTON (FOX, 4:00 p.m.)
- Stanford has covered last 3 and 4 of last 5 in series.
- Though David Shaw just 1-6 last seven in what used to be a profitable dog role for him.
- Huskies just 3-0 vs. spread last 12 as Pac-12 host.
Tech Edge: Stanford, based on series trends.
FRESNO STATE at NEVADA (FS2, 10:30 p.m.)
- Wolf Pack 5-1 SU, 4-2 vs. line in 2020, won and covered first three at home.
- Pack 8-2 vs. spread last 10 vs. MW foes at Reno.
- DeBoer has won and covered last three TY for Fresno though schedule broke well in that stretch, and Bulldogs off since Nov. 14.
Tech Edge: Slight to Nevada, based on team trends.
OREGON at CALIFORNIA (ESPN, 7:00 p.m.)
- Ducks “over” 5-0-1 last six since late 2019 after OSU game.
- Bears 16-7 in dog role for Wilcox entering 2020.
Tech Edge:Slight to Cal, based on team trends.
OKLAHOMA STATE at TCU (ESPN2, 12:00 p.m.)
- OSU no covers last four TY, also on 9-3 “under” run since late 2019.
- Patterson “under” 6-4 since late 2019, though last three “over” in series.
Tech Edge: Slight to “under,” based on “totals” trends.
WEST VIRGINIA at IOWA STATE (ESPN, 3:30 p.m.)
- ISU has won and covered last two meetings, and Cyclones have covered 5 of last 7 TY after Texas win.
- Mounties 1-2 vs. line away in 2020, after covering last three as visitor in 2019.
Tech Edge: Slight to ISU, based on team trends.
INDIANA at WISCONSIN (ABC, 3:30 p.m.)
- Tom “Mr. Intensity” Allen is 6-0 vs. line in 2020, has covered last seven and 10 of last 12 since late 2019.
- Hoosiers 6-2 vs. line last 8 away from Bloomington, and have covered last 4 and 7 of last 8 as dog.
- Wisky just 3-6 vs. spread last 9 as Big Ten host.
Tech Edge: Indiana, based on recent trends.
KANSAS at TEXAS TECH (FS2, 12:00 p.m.)
- KU 0-8 SU, 0-7-1 vs. line TY, Les Miles now 0-8-1 last 9 and 1-10-1 last 12 vs. spread since late 2019.
- Last Jayhawks SU win was vs. Red Raiders LY.
- Matt Wells 3-1 vs. spread at home vs. Big 12 this season, 3-4 as chalk since taking over TT a year ago.
- Tech had won previous 8 SU in series into 2019.
Tech Edge: Texas Tech, based on KU negatives.
TOLEDO at NORTHERN ILLINOIS (ESPN3, 12:00 p.m.)
- Rockets have recovered somewhat from their slow close to 2019 (0-6-1 last 7 vs. line), with 2-2 SU and spread marks in 2020.
- Rockets also 7-3 “over” run since mid 2019.
- Hammock 2-4 vs. line as MAC host since LY.
Tech Edge: Slight to “Over” and Toledo, based on “totals” and team trends.
BAYLOR at OKLAHOMA (FOX, 8:00 p.m.)
- Bears only 1-4-1 vs. line last six TY, inclined to toss out the pre-Aranda marks for Rhule prior to 2020.
- OU surging with five wins and covers in a row since Iowa State loss.
- Sooners have covered 4 of last 5 reg season meetings (excludes 2019 Big 12 title game).
Tech Edge: OU, based on recent trends.
TEXAS A&M at AUBURN (ESPN, 12:00 p.m.)
- If Jimbo a dog here not just 2-3 last five in role since LY, and Malzahn has beaten Ags three in a row outright.
- Malzahn 8-3 vs. spread at Jordan-Hare since last season.
Tech Edge: Slight to Auburn, based on team and series trends.
TEXAS at KANSAS STATE (FOX, 12:00 p.m.)
- Tom Herman only 1-5-1 last seven vs. line TY after close ISU loss.
- Herman also no covers last 3 vs. KSU, and Horns no covers last four in series.
- Klieman 10-4 as dog with Cats after Bill Snyder was 15-5 as dog his last three years (2016-18).
Tech Edge: KSU, based on team and series trends.
IOWA at ILLINOIS (ESPNU, 4 p.m.)
- Ferentz has won and covered last three trips to Champaign-Urbana by combined 121-14 score, with two shutouts.
- Iowa has won SU last six in series, didn’t quite get spread in 19-10 win LY.
- Hawkeyes 9-3-1 last 13 vs. line as Big Ten visitor.
- Lovie however is 8-3 his last 11 as dog.
Tech Edge: Iowa, based on team and series trends.
HAWAII at SAN JOSE STATE (4:00 p.m.)
- Spartans 4-0 SU and vs. line (counts UNLV as win) in 2020, and Brent Brennan has covered last three years vs. UH (though SJSU hasn’t won outright in series since 2015).
- Spartans on 13-4-1 spread uptick.
Tech Edge: San Jose State, based on team and series trends.
WYOMING at NEW MEXICO (ESPN2, 7 p.m.)
- New Mexico 0-5 SU after USU loss, now on 14-game SU losing streak.
- Lobos 5-12 vs. line since LY.
- Wyo plays for second straight week in Vegas.
- UNM did cover this game in 2019, but after UNLV romp, Bohl enters on 15-7 spread uptick since late 2018.
Tech Edge: Wyoming, based on recent trends.
COLORADO STATE at SAN DIEGO STATE (CBSSN, 7:00 p.m.)
- Aztecs 2-1 as home chalk TY (at Carson) after 4-12 mark previous 16 in role.
- Addazio just 1-2 vs. line TY in CSU debut but was 14-5-1 as dog previous three years at BC.
Tech Edge: Slight to SDSU, based on recent trends.
MEMPHIS at TULANE (ESPN+, 12:00 p.m.)
- Tulane had covered 5 in a row before bitter OT loss at Tulsa.
- Meanwhile Memphis needed SF Austin to break recent spread skid, but Tigers still just 1-9 vs. line last ten against FBS foes (1-7 for Silverfield).
- Home team has covered last four meetings.
Tech Edge: Tulane, based on recent and series trends.
TULSA at NAVY (ESPN2, 3:30 p.m.)
- Magical Tulsa 5-1 SU and vs. line TY, 9-3 last 12 vs. spread since mid 2019.
- Though has lost and failed to cover last five years vs. Navy.
- Mids only 3-3 in dog role TY since LY, but 20-9-1 as dog from 2013-18 for Niumatalolo.
Tech Edge: Slight to Navy, based on series trends.
TROY at SOUTH ALABAMA (ESPN3, 2:00 p.m.)
- Troy has won and covered handily last two vs. nearby Belt rival, but Trojans just 7-13 vs. spread for Chip Lindsey since LY.
- USA has cooled off, now 0-4 SU and 0-3-1 vs. line last four TY.
- Troy also on 8-1-1 “under” run since late 2019, and Jags “under” six straight in 2020.
Tech Edge: “Under,” based on “totals” trends.
UL-MONROE at ARKANSAS STATE (ESPN3, 3:00 p.m.)
- ASU having subpar year (3-7 SU, only 1-4 vs. line last five) but has owned ULM, with wins and covers last ten meetings!
- Warhawks have slipped in backdoor for a couple of recent covers but still just 3-6 vs. line TY, and 11-24 vs. line since late 2017.
Tech Edge: Arkansas State, based on series trends.
ARKANSAS at MISSOURI (SEC, 12:00 p.m.)
- Ark has dropped last two vs. line TY but still 6-2 vs. spread for Pittman in 2020.
- Drinkwitz 5-2 vs. spread in first spin with Mizzou, 4-0 vs. line at home.
- Home team has covered last six in series.
Tech Edge: Slight to Mizzou, based on series trends.
HOUSTON at SMU (ESPNU, 9:00 p.m.)
- Holgorsen very so-so since LY with UH (9-9 vs. line) and just 6-7 as dog (0-3 as dog TY).
- Sonny Dykes 7-3 vs. spread as host since LY.
- Home team has covered last four meetings.
Tech Edge: SMU, based on team and series trends.
ALABAMA at LSU (CBS, 8:00 p.m.)
- Bama has covered last five is season and has won and covered last four trips to LSU, with shutouts last two.
- LSU 1-1 as dog in 2020 and Orgeron 9-2 last eleven in role.
Tech Edge: Bama, based on team and series trends.
Sunday, Dec. 6
WASHINGTON STATE at USC (FS1, 7:30 p.m.)
- Cougs have covered 3 of last 4 in series (first meeting since 2018).
- Rolovich 1-1 vs. line after Leach had dropped 11 of last 15 vs. spread into 2020.
- Trojans “under” first 3 in 2020 after “over” last six in 2019.
- SC 8-12 vs. line last 20 at Coliseum.
Tech Edge: WSU, based on extended trends.