Nov 02, 2021
Tech Trends - Week 10
Don't miss out on expert College Football selections from Bruce Marshall this season on VegasInsider.com. Click to win!
Week 9 of the College Football season kicks off on Tuesday, November 22 and concludes on Saturday, November 6.
We've identified betting trends and angles for key matchups between FBS squads.
We also have "Tech Edge" leans on the side or total for each game too.
Straight Up (SU), Against the Spread (ATS), Over-Under (O/U)
Tuesday, Nov. 2
BALL STATE at AKRON (CBSSN, 7:00 p.m.)
- Cards 8-2 vs. spread last ten vs. MAC foes away from Muncie.
- Zips improved a bit vs. line this season up to 3-5, but that just makes them 6-20 vs. spread for Arth since 2019.
Tech Edge: Ball State, based on team trends
EASTERN MICHIGAN at TOLEDO (ESPN2, 7:30 p.m.)
- EMU has dropped only 1 of last 5 vs. spread in series, and Eagles have been splendid in the road dog role lately (22-4-1 last 27).
- Creighton has also covered 4 of last 5 this season.
- Rockets 2-7-1 vs. spread last ten at Glass Bowl.
Tech Edge: EMU, based on team trends.
MIAMI-OHIO at OHIO (ESPNU, 7:30 p.m.)
- RedHawks just sort of mediocre all of the way around, 7-8 vs. spread last 15 on board.
- Bobcats only 3-5 vs. line for Albin TY but have covered 3 of last 4.
- Teams “under” a combined 11-5 this season.
Tech Edge: Slight to “under,” based on “totals” trends.
Wednesday, Nov. 3
CENTRAL MICHIGAN at WESTERN MICHIGAN (ESPNU, 7:00 p.m.)
- McElwain yet to beat WMU outright in two tries, and Chips haven’t won outright in this series since 2017.
- McElwain early spread success with CMU has also waned as Chips have dropped 5 of last 6 vs. number.
Tech Edge: Slight to WMU, based on series trends.
NORTHERN ILLINOIS at KENT STATE (ESPN2, 7:00 p.m.)
- Huskies an interesting underdog this season (3-1-1 vs. line), part of overall 5-2-1 vs. spread for Hammock.
- Golden Flashes “under” 6-2 in 2021.
Tech Edge: Slight to NIU and “under,” based on team and ”totals” trends.
Thursday, Nov. 4
GEORGIA STATE at UL-LAFAYETTE (ESPN, 7:30 p.m.)
- Panthers covered in opener last season, vs Cajuns, and GSU stirring a bit lately with covers in 5 of last 6 after tense win vs. Ga Southern last week.
- Panthers also 12-6 vs. number since last season.
- Even after Texas State romp, Cajuns only 3-5 vs. line TY, just 8-14 last 22 on board.
Tech Edge: GSU, based on recent trends.
Friday, Nov. 5
VIRGINIA TECH at BOSTON COLLEGE (ESPN2, 7:30 p.m.)
- Eagles have covered 3 of last 4 meetings, and Hafley 6-2 vs. line as host since LY. BC also “under” 5-1 last six in 2021.
- But Eagles have hit skids in 2021, with SU losses last four and spread Ls last three following last week's torturous loss at Syracuse.
- Hokies off much-needed win vs. GT but still just 7-14 last 20 vs. line since late 2019.
Tech Edge: "Under," based on recent BC "totals" trends.
UTAH at STANFORD (FS1, 13:00 p.m.)
- Utes 6-1 vs. spread last seven as Pac-12 visitor.
- Utah also “over” 11-5 last 16 after another blowout over UCLA last week.
- David Shaw just 2-6 vs. line last eight at home, and dog marks not great lately (just 5-9 since 2019) in once-profitable role.
Tech Edge: Utah, based on team trends.
Saturday, Nov. 6
AIR FORCE vs. ARMY in Arlington, Texas (CBS, 11:30 a.m.)
- Army has covered last three of last four meetings which have also gone “under” as have seven straight in this series.
- Force 3-0 vs. line away from home this season.
Tech Edge: “Under” and slight to Air Force, based on “totals” and recent trends.
ILLINOIS at MINNESOTA (ESPN2, 12:00 p.m.)
- Fleck ran up scores on Lovie the past two seasons, but Bielema has Illini stirring, only one spread L the past five this season.
- Bielema also “under” 7-1 in 2021.
- Gophers 3-3 last six as chalk.
Tech Edge: “Under” and slight to Illinois, based on “totals” and recent trends.
KANSAS STATE at KANSAS (FS1, 12:00 p.m.)
- Used to be the Bill Snyder kill series as the master made sure to dominate KU, and Klieman doing the same the past two seasons with lopsided wins.
- Jayhawks 1-5-1 vs. line in 2021 for Leipold but did cover last home game vs. OU.
Tech Edge: K-State, based on series and team trends.
LIBERTY at MISSISSIPPI (SECN, 12:00 p.m.)
- Hugh Freeze game! Flames no covers 2 of last 3 this season after covers in 14 of previous 17, and Freeze 5-0 as dog since LY.
- Kiffin however 4-0 vs. spread against non-SEC since taking over Rebs, 4-1 vs. spread at Vaught-Hemingway in 2021.
Tech Edge: Liberty, based on team trends.
LOUISIANA TECH at UAB (CBSSN, 12:00 p.m.)
- Skip Holtz 19-8 as dog from 2014-19, and 3-1 as dog this season.
- Also covered last two years vs. Blazers, though headed in wrong direction with three straight spread Ls in 2021.
- LT 11-6 “over” since last season.
- UAB 1-2 vs. spread in new stadium this season.
Tech Edge: La Tech and slight to “over,” based on extended and “totals” trends.
MISSOURI at GEORGIA (ESPN, 12:00 p.m.)
- Kirby Smart has thumped Mizzou the past two years and Bulldogs SU series win streak at seven.
- After failing to clear a hefty hump last week at Vandy, Tigers no covers last eleven on board!
- Though Dawgs, despite 5-2 spread mark, only 1-2 vs. line at Athens vs. SEC this season.
Tech Edge: Georgia, based on Mizzou spread woes.
OHIO STATE at NEBRASKA (FOX, 12:00 p.m.)
- Huskers beat Buckeyes in their first Big 10 season of 2011 but not since.
- Frost however is 5-1 vs. spread last six as dog.
- OSU had won and covered big four straight this season before non-cover vs. Penn State, and ruthless Ryan Day 8-1-1 vs. spread since 2019 as Big Ten visitor.
Tech Edge: Slight to OSU, based on team trends.
PITTSBURGH at DUKE (ACCN, 12:00 p.m.)
- Panthers have won and covered last five meetings (though teams didn’t meet LY), and Pitt rolling with covers in 6 of first 8 this season, also covers in last 4 and 6 of last 7 away.
- Blue Devils have covered first four at Durham this season, but have lost last four outright and 3 of last 4 vs. line.
Tech Edge: Pitt, based on series and recent trends.
SMU at MEMPHIS (ESPNU, 12:00 p.m.)
- Ponies have covered last two meetings, and Sonny Dykes 5-3 vs. spread this season after bitter last-second loss to Houston.
- Tigers just 1-4 vs. spread last five in 2021 for Silverfield, and just 2-8 last ten vs. number against American foes.
Tech Edge: SMU, based on team and recent series trends.
WAKE FOREST at NORTH CAROLINA (ABC, 12:00 p.m.)
- Deacs have covered each of past two years vs. Mack Brown, Wake also 4-2 vs. line last six as visitor.
- Heels just 8-12 overall vs. spread since last season for Mack.
Tech Edge: Wake Forest, based on recent trends.
GEORGIA TECH at MIAMI-FL (RSN, 12:30 p.m.)
- Teams didn’t meet last season but GT had covered the previous three meetings.
- Jackets however have dropped last four vs. number this season while Miami showing a bit of bite with covers in three straight.
- Though Manny Diaz only 6-8 as home chalk since 2019.
Tech Edge: Slight to Miami, based on recent trends.
APPALACHIAN STATE at ARKANSAS STATE (ESPN+, 2:00 p.m.)
- Mounties 3-3 as chalk this season, but only 5-12 since beginning of 2020 under Clark.
- Butch Jones 3-1 vs. spread at Jonesboro in 2021 (counts Memphis as win).
Tech Edge: Slight to Ark State, based on team trends.
CALIFORNIA at ARIZONA (Pac-12, 3:00 p.m.)
- Bears 3-0 vs. line away in 2021 but all as dog; failed to cover in two tries as road chalk in 2020.
- Throw out 2020, however, and Bears are 8-1 vs. spread last nine away from Berkeley, though just 2-9 last 11 as chalk overall.
- Cats 1-5 last six vs. spread at Tucson (1-3 for Jedd Fisch).
Tech Edge: Slight to Cal, based on team trends.
NORTH TEXAS at SOUTHERN MISSISSIPPI (ESPN+, 3:00 p.m.)
- Golden Eagles have won and covered last two meetings, though USM has yet to cover a spread vs. an FBS foe this season (0-7 vs. line).
- UNT 12-23 vs. spread since early 2018, though 5-3 vs. line in 2021.
- Golden Eagles “under” 7-1 in 2021.
Tech Edge: “Under” and slight to UNT, based on “totals” and recent trends.
TEMPLE at EAST CAROLINA (ESPN+, 3:00 p.m.)
- Owls have hit skids, 4-11 vs. line since last season for Carey, also no covers last two vs. ECU.
- After USF win, Pirates have covered last four and 5-1-1 last seven vs, spread in 2021.
Tech Edge: ECU, based on team trends.
UL-MONROE at TEXAS STATE (ESPN+, 3:00 p.m.)
- Terry Bowden covers in two of last three and four of last seven this season, an improvement from previous Matt Viator marks.
- ULM also “over” five straight and 8-3 last eleven since late 2020.
- Bobcats 7-3 last ten vs. line at San Marcos, also “over” 9-5 since late 2020.
Tech Edge: “Over,” based on “totals” trends.
AUBURN at TEXAS A&M (CBS, 3:30 p.m.)
- Road team has covered last three meetings, 3-0-1 vs. spread last four.
- Jimbo however working on the straight wins and covers this season, 4-1 vs. line at Kyle Field, now 11-5 last 16 vs. line.
- Auburn has won outright its first two tries as an SEC road dog this season (at LSU & Arkansas).
Tech Edge: Slight to Auburn, based on series trends.
BAYLOR at TCU (FOX, 3:30 p.m.)
- Road team has covered last five series meetings.
- Aranda has covered six of last seven this season but only 1-2 vs. line away.
- Frogs 3-6 vs. line last nine as Big 12 host in Fort Worth, though Gary Patterson now out (Jerry Kill interim thru end of season).
Tech Edge: Baylor, based on team trends.
COLORADO STATE at WYOMING (CBSSN, 3:30 p.m.)
- Home team has won and covered last two in this border rivalry, though Rams have covered 4 of last 6 this season while Bohl no covers last five in 2021.
- Bohl also “under” 7-3 last ten since late 2020.
Tech Edge: CSU and “under,” based on recent and “totals” trends.
MICHIGAN STATE at PURDUE (ABC, 3:30 p.m.)
- Teams haven’t faced since 2018. Mel Tucker 6-2 vs. line in 2021, 3-2 as chalk.
- Brohm has dropped four of last six vs. line in 2021, only exception was Iowa upset.
- No covers last 3 at Ross-Ade for Boilers, no covers last six as Big ten host. Purdue also "under" 7-1 this season.
Tech Edge: MSU, based on team trends.
MIDDLE TENNESSEE at WESTERN KENTUCKY (Stadium, 3:30 p.m.)
- Blue Raiders have covered last three in series.
- Stockstill however only 1-4 vs. spread last five as dog.
- Tops “over” 5-3 this season though currently on 3-0 "under" streak.
Tech Edge: Slight to MTSU and “over,” based on series and “totals” trends.
NAVY at NOTRE DAME (NBC, 3:30 p.m.)
- Mids haven’t beaten Irish SU since 2016, though teams didn’t meet last season.
- Niumatalolo now 5-1 vs. points last six in 2021 after Tulsa win, and remember was a great road dog for many years (20-10 2009-18).
- Domers have covered 5 of last 6 this season but just 3-4 last seven as South Bend chalk.
Tech Edge: Navy, based on recent trends.
OKLAHOMA STATE at WEST VIRGINIA (ESPN, 3:30 p.m.)
- Mike Gundy has won and covered six straight in this series.
- Cowboys have also covered last six in 2021 and last five as visitor.
Tech Edge: OSU, based on series and team trends.
PENN STATE at MARYLAND (FS1, 3:30 p.m.)
- Franklin used to have it out for Terps, though got beat in slow start last season. He had won and covered previous four meetings by massive margins (201-20 total score!).
- After seven game cover streak from late last season, Franklin had dropped 3 of last 4 vs. line before covering last week at Ohio State.
- Meanwhile, Locksley no covers last seven Big Ten games for Terps.
Tech Edge: Penn State, based on team and extended series trends.
RICE at CHARLOTTE (ESPN+, 3:30 p.m.)
- Owls 3-1 last four as C-USA dog, also 5-3 last eight vs. spread in C-USA games.
- 49ers 1-3 vs. points last four as C-USA host, and blown out in last two outings vs. FAU & WKU.
Tech Edge: Rice, based on team trends.
TULSA at CINCINNATI (ESPN2, 3:30 p.m.)
- Golden Hurricane has covered the last two meetings, now 11-3 last 14 as dog in reg season play.
- Though Bearcats 6-2 last 8 as Nippert chalk.
Tech Edge: Tulsa, based on team and recent series trends.
WISCONSIN at RUTGERS (BTN, 3:30 p.m.)
- Wiscy has covered three in a row away from Camp Randall and working on four-game SU win streak (3-1 vs. line) after romp past Iowa.
- Schiano losing altitude after quick break, no covers last 3 or SU wins last four this season.
Tech Edge: Wisconsin, based on recent trends.
SOUTH ALABAMA at TROY (ESPN+, 3:30 p.m.)
- Trojans have won and covered big in this series the past three seasons.
- Troy recent 4-game spread skid was snapped in cover vs. Coastal last Thursday.
- In first seven games vs FBS foes this season, the home team covered in all Jags games (USA 0-3 away).
Tech Edge: Troy, based on series and team trends.
MISSISSIPPI STATE at ARKANSAS (SECN, 4:00 p.m.)
- Pittman won at Starkville last season, breaking long Hogs SEC losing streak (20) in process.
- Leach 6-6 as dog since arriving at MSU, Pittman 12-6 vs. spread since last season with Arkansas (12-5 if not counting Pine Bluff scrimmage!
Tech Edge: Arkansas, based on recent trends.
N.C. STATE at FLORIDA STATE (ACCN, 4:00 p.m.)
- Home team has covered three straight in series, with Wolfpack covering 4 of last 5 meetings.
- Though NCS has only covered 3 of 8 as a visitor since last season, and FSU stirring a bit with three SU wins in a row before Clemson last-play fiasco.
- Mike Norvell 6-11 vs. spread since last season with Noles.
Tech Edge: Slight to NC State, based on team trends.
TULANE at CENTRAL FLORIDA (ESPNU, 4:00 p.m.)
- Wave has covered this game the past two seasons though Willie Fritz had dropped five in a row vs. line prior to Cincy cover.
- Knights 4-10 last 14 as chalk split between Heupel & Malzahn, though UCF has covered last two this season.
Tech Edge: Slight to Tulane, based on team trends.
UTAH STATE at NEW MEXICO STATE (BSAZ, 4:00 p.m.)
- 2017 Arizona Bowl rematch! Utags no covers 3 of last 4 in 2021, Blake Anderson 1-1 as chalk. Utags also 6-2 “under” since late 2020.
- NMSU a revelation at 6-2 vs. spread this term, though no covers first two vs. FBS foes at Las Cruces.
Tech Edge: NMSU, based on recent trends.
COASTAL CAROLINA at GEORGIA SOUTHERN (ESPN+, 6:00 p.m.)
- Chants have covered this matchup the past two seasons, and Coastal 12-6 vs. spread since last season (though has dropped last two vs. line).
- Eagles have covered 3 of last 4 since coaching switch, also “over” 5-3 this season.
Tech Edge: Slight to Coastal Carolina, based on team trends.
MARSHALL at FLORIDA ATLANTIC (Facebook, 6:00 p.m.)
- Herd has covered last four in series back to the Doc Holliday vs. Kiffin days.
- Marshall 3-1 vs. line away for Huff this season.
- Taggart 12-5 “under” since taking over Owls in 2020.
Tech Edge: Marshall and “under,” based on team and “totals” trends.
BOISE STATE at FRESNO STATE (CBSSN, 7:00 p.m.)
- No meetings since Tedford days at Fresno. Boise 2-0 as dog in 2021, 3-1 in reg season as dog since 2019, 8-3 in role since 2014.
- Broncos on 7-2 “under” run and last five series meetings dating to late 2014 “under” as well.
- Fresno 2-3 vs. spread last five this season, no covers last two at Dog House.
Tech Edge: Boise State and “under,” based on team and “totals” trends.
IOWA at NORTHWESTERN (BTN, 7:00 p.m.)
- Road team has covered last three in series but NU has covered 4 of last 5 meetings.
- Even after loss to Wiscy, Ferentz has also covered six of last seven away from Iowa City.
- Though Cats 5-1-1 last seven as Big Ten host for Pat Fitz. Last four “under” in series.
Tech Edge: “Under” and slight to NU, based on “totals” and team trends.
LSU at ALABAMA (ESPN, 7:00 p.m.)
- Prior to the wild 46-41 win at Tuscaloosa in 2019, LSU had not beaten Bama since the reg season clash of 2011 (Nick Saban avenged that loss in the national title game.)
- Tide has covered 6 of last 8 meetings.
- Orgeron only 1-3 vs. line last four this season, while Saban has covered seven straight vs. SEC foes at home.
Tech Edge: Bama, based on team and series trends.
OLD DOMINION at FIU (ESPN3, 7:00 p.m.)
- Butch Davis on an 8-18 spread skid with the Golden Panthers since 2019, also 2-8 last ten as chalk.
- FIU also “over” 7-3 last ten.
Tech Edge: Slight to “over” and ODU, based on “totals” and team trends
OREGON STATE at COLORADO (Pac-12, 7:00 p.m.)
- Even after Cal loss last week, Beavs 8-2 last ten vs. line as Pac-12 visitor.
- Since his 4-0 break from gate with Buffs, Karl Dorrell is 2-8 SU and 3-7 vs. spread.
Tech Edge: OSU, based on recent trends.
TENNESSEE at KENTUCKY (ESPN2, 7:00 p.m.)
- Last season was only the second time UK won AND covered in the same game vs. UT since 1984!
- Stoops 6-2 vs. line this season.
- UT 1-2 vs. line away, 3-5 vs. spread overall for Heupel.
Tech Edge: Slight to UK, based on recent trends.
UNLV at NEW MEXICO (Stadium, 7:00 p.m.)
- Rebs on 14-game SU losing streak but had covered four in a row away prior to heavy Wolf Pack loss last Friday.
- UNM only 1-7 vs. spread this season, and 0-4 as chalk for Danny Gonzales since LY.
- Lobos “under” 6-2 in 2021.
Tech Edge: Slight to UNLV and “under,” based on team and “totals” trends.
CLEMSON at LOUISVILLE (ACCN, 7:30 p.m.)
- Dabo needed a last-play miracle to get his first cover of 2021 last week vs. FSU after losing previous eight vs. number (including Sugar Bowl vs. Ohio State).
- Dabo also “under” 6-2 in 2021.
- Cards 4-2 vs. line last 6 this season.
Tech Edge: ‘Ville and “under,” based on current Dabo trends.
FLORIDA at SOUTH CAROLINA (SECN, 7:30 p.m.)
- Used to be the Spurrier game. Road team has covered the last three meetings, though Mullen no covers the last five away from Swamp.
- Meanwhile, SC losing altitude fast, no covers last three or four of last five this season after quick start.
- Last four meetings “over” as well.
Tech Edge: “Over” and slight to Florida, based on “totals” and series trends.
HOUSTON at SOUTH FLORIDA (ESPNU, 7:30 p.m.)
- Holgorsen buried USF last term 56-21, though Bulls decent 7-5 last 12 as dog even after ECU loss.
- USF has covered 4 of last 5 in Tampa.
- Cougs, however, have covered all three as visitor this season.
Tech Edge: Slight to USF, based on team trends.
INDIANA at MICHIGAN (FOX, 7:30 p.m.)
- After 7-0 vs. line in reg season a year ago, Hoosiers 1-7 vs. line in 2021.
- Harbaugh almost complete opposite, bad 1-5 vs. line in 2020 (and 1-7 entering this season) but good 6-2 in 2021.
Tech Edge: Michigan, based on current trends.
OREGON at WASHINGTON (ABC, 7:30 p.m.)
- Teams didn’t meet last season. Ducks however won and covered last two meetings 2018-19.
- Oregon only 2-6 vs. line in 2021, though 2-1 away, and covers 3 of last 4 as visitor since late 2020.
- Huskies 3-9 vs. spread for Jimmy Lake since last season.
Tech Edge: Slight to Oregon, based on team trends
TEXAS at IOWA STATE (FS1, 7:30 p.m.)
- Last six meetings “under” in series.
- Cyclones 1-3 vs. line at home this season, 3-4 as chalk.
- Horns 0-1 as dog for Sark after good dog marks with Tom Herman.
Tech Edge: “Under,” based on "totals” trends.
SAN JOSE STATE at NEVADA (FS2, 10:00 p.m.)
- After last week's win over Wyo, SJSU has covered last three after dropping five in a row vs. number.
- Still, remember Brent Brennan did have a 14-4 spread mark last 18 entering 2021.
- Jay Norvell, however, has now covered 9 of last 11 in Reno after UNLV romp last Friday.
Tech Edge: Slight to Nevada, based on recent trends./p>
UTSA at UTEP (ESPN2, 10:15 p.m.)
- Unlikely showdown! Roadrunners on 9-1 spread uptick since late 2020, also 4-0 vs. line away this season.
- UTSA also on 13-6 “under” run.
- Miners have covered their last five in 2021 for Dimel.
Tech Edge: “Under” and slight to UTSA, based on “totals” and team trends.
USC at ARIZONA STATE (ESPN, 10:30 p.m.)
- Stunner, as SC has won last 8 outright on Pac-12 trail, covering 6 of last 7.
- Though Herm has covered 2 of last 3 vs. Trojans, who have dropped 5 of last 7 vs. spread this season.
- But after last week's loss to WSU, Herm only 2-9 last eleven as Tempe chalk.
Tech Edge: Slight to SC, based on team trends.
SAN DIEGO STATE at HAWAII (FS1, 11:00 p.m.)
- Aztecs have won and covered seven of nine meetings since Bows joined MW, SDSU also covers in five of last seven this season.
- Todd Graham 4-5 vs. spread as host since taking over UH in 2020.
Tech Edge: SDSU, based on team and series trends.