Last Updated Aug 30, 2021, 13:44 PM
Nets vs. Celtics Predictions, Odds, Preview
The Brooklyn Nets have dominated the Boston Celtics in the last six quarters of their first round series since trailing at halftime of Game 1.
Brooklyn has outscored Boston by 39 points in the previous six quarters to take a 2-0 series lead heading to TD Garden for Friday's Game 3.
Nets vs. Celtics Betting Resources
- Matchup: Eastern Conference Playoffs
- Expert Picks: Vegas Insiders
- Venue: TD Garden
- Location: Boston, Massachusetts
- Date: Friday, May 28, 2021
- Time: 8:35 p.m. ET
- TV: ABC
- Bet: BetMGM | BetRivers | FanDuel | bet365 | DraftKings | Best Sportsbooks
Betting Odds - Nets vs. Celtics
Subject to Change
- Spread: Nets -7.5
- Money-Line: Brooklyn -320, Boston +260
- Total: 227.5
The Nets are fresh off a blowout of the Celtics as Brooklyn seeks a 3-0 series lead on Friday. (AP)
Nets vs. Celtics Current Form
Boston was extremely competitive to begin this series by leading Brooklyn, 53-47 in Game 1. However, the wheels fell off the wagon in the second half as the Nets outscored the Celtics, 57-40 for a 104-93 triumph to cash as 8.5-point favorites.
Game 2 wasn't that close as the Nets dropped 40 points in the first quarter and 71 points in the opening half of a 130-108 blowout. All five Brooklyn starters scored in double-figures, led by Kevin Durant's 26 points, while Joe Harris connected on seven three-pointers for 25 points.
The Nets won easily even without great offensive nights from Kyrie Irving (15 points) and James Harden (20 points).
Boston's top player, Jayson Tatum struggled from the floor by scoring only nine points on 3-of-12 shooting, while leaving the game after getting poked in the eye.
The game finished 'over' the total of 228.5 thanks to a 73-point third quarter, while Boston scored 26 points or less in three of four quarters in Game 2.
Celtics vs. Nets Head-to-Head
- May 25, 2021 - Nets 130 vs. Celtics 108, Brooklyn -9, Over 228.5
- May 22, 2021 - Nets 104 vs. Celtics 93, Brooklyn -8.5, Under 233
- Apr. 23, 2021 - Nets 109 vs. Celtics 104, Brooklyn -3.5, Under 225.5
- Mar. 11, 2020 - Nets 121 vs. Celtics 109, Brooklyn -2.5, Under 232
- Dec. 25, 2020 - Nets 123 at Celtics 95, Brooklyn -3, Under 229.5
(SU-Straight Up, ATS - Against the Spread, OU - Over-Under)
Brooklyn Nets Betting Outlook
Inside the Stats (2020-2021)
- Overall: 50-24 SU, 40-34 ATS, 41-33 OU
- Road: 20-16 SU, 19-17 ATS, 20-16 OU
The Nets own a perfect 5-0 SU/ATS record against the Celtics this season, although four of those victories came at Barclays Center.
Brooklyn hasn't visited Boston since Christmas day in 2020 as the Nets rolled past the Celtics, 123-95 as three-point favorites.
Boston led by three points at halftime, but Brooklyn rolled in the second half with 72 points, while Irving shredded his former team for 37 points.
Although it may not mean much, the Nets closed the season with a 6-7 road mark in their final 13 games, but Brooklyn posted a 5-3 ATS mark as an away favorite.
Boston Celtics Betting Outlook
Inside the Stats (2020-2021)
- Overall: 37-38 SU, 33-40-1 ATS, 38-36 OU
- Home: 22-15 SU, 18-18-1 ATS, 18-19 OU
The Celtics are seeing their highest home underdog price of the season, while compiling a 4-4 ATS record when receiving points at TD Garden.
Although there are plenty of different faces in this rivalry, it's worth noting the Celtics have lost seven of the past eight meetings with the Nets, while Boston last beat Brooklyn at home in November 2019.
- SF Jeff Green: Foot - Out
- PG Kemba Walker: Knee - Questionable
- SG Jaylen Brown: Wrist - Out
Nets vs. Celtics Prediction
It's hard to overlook the dominance Brooklyn has shown against Boston this season. With Kemba Walker not at 100% and Tatum struggling through two games, the Nets have to be a strong look on Friday night to take a 3-0 series lead.