Jazz vs. Clippers Predictions, Odds, Preview
Top-seeded Utah looked to be in control after the first two games of this series, but the Clippers have roared back with three consecutive victories to put the Jazz on the brink of elimination.
In case you missed it, the Clippers took Game 5 on the road without its star forward Kawhi Leonard, who is sidelined with a knee injury that will likely keep him out the rest of the series.
Jazz vs. Clippers Betting Resources
- Matchup: Western Conference Playoffs
- Expert Picks: Vegas Insiders
- Venue: STAPLES Center
- Location: Los Angeles, California
- Date: Friday, June 18, 2021
- Time: 10:00 p.m. ET
- TV: ESPN
- Bet: BetMGM | betrivers |FanDuel |bet365 |DraftKings |Best Sportsbooks
Betting Odds - Jazz vs. Clippers
Subject to Change
- Spread: Jazz -1
- Money-Line: Utah -120, L.A. +100
- Total: 219
The Jazz have dropped three straight games to the Clippers as they look to stay alive with a win on Friday. (AP)
Jazz vs. Clippers Current Form
The Clippers have gone through the biggest roller coaster of any team in the playoffs so far. L.A. trailed Dallas, 2-0 in the first round before storming back to knock out the Mavericks in seven games.
L.A. fell behind Utah, 2-0 in the second round, but the Clippers rebounded with a pair of double-digit victories at Staples Center to even the series at 2-2.
The Clippers received the terrible news on Wednesday morning that Leonard would miss at least Game 5 with a knee injury sustained in the second half of Game 4, so the Jazz skyrocketed from a three-point favorite to an 8.5-point favorite by tip-off.
It didn't matter as the Clippers stunned the Jazz behind another strong performance from Paul George, who topped the 30-point mark for the third straight game with 37 points as L.A. won, 119-111.
George couldn't do it all alone as Marcus Morris, Sr. put up 25 points and Reggie Jackson scored 22 points as the Clippers had four different players hit three treys apiece.
Donovan Mitchell struggled from the floor for Utah by shooting 6-of-19, while missing 10 three-pointers. Mitchell finished with 21 points, while Bojan Bogdanovic posted a team-high 32 points, while hitting nine three-pointers.
The Jazz suffered their first home loss since Game 1 of the opening round against the Grizzlies, while the Clippers improved to 4-2 away from Staples Center in the playoffs.
Jazz vs. Clippers Head-to-Head
- Jun. 16, 2021 - Clippers 119 at Jazz 111, L.A. +8.5, Over 220.5
- Jun. 14, 2021 - Clippers 118 vs. Jazz 104, L.A. -5, Under 223.5
- Jun. 12, 2021 - Clippers 132 vs. Jazz 106, L.A. -5, Over 222
- Jun. 10, 2021 - Jazz 117 vs. Clippers 111, Utah -2.5, Over 222.5
- Jun. 8, 2021 - Jazz 112 vs. Clippers 109, Utah -3, Under 221.5
- Feb. 19, 2021 - Clippers 116 vs. Jazz 112, L.A. -1, Push 228
- Feb. 17, 2021 - Jazz 114 at Clippers 96, Utah -6.5, Under 228
- Jan. 1, 2021 - Jazz 106 vs. Clippers 100, Utah +3.5, Under 220
(SU-Straight Up, ATS - Against the Spread, OU - Over-Under)
Utah Jazz Betting Outlook
Inside the Stats (2020-2021)
- Overall: 58-24 SU, 47-35 ATS, 41-40-1 OU
- Road: 23-17 SU, 20-20 ATS, 20-19-1 OU
The Jazz are favored on the road for the first time in this series as Utah won and covered in both opportunities as road chalk in the first round against Memphis.
Utah is riding through its longest losing skid of the season at three, as the Jazz own a 7-2 SU/ATS mark in their last nine games in the role of an away favorite.
Los Angeles Clippers Betting Outlook
Inside the Stats (2020-2021)
- Overall: 54-30 SU, 46-37-1 ATS, 41-41-2 ATS
- Home: 29-13 SU, 24-18 ATS, 20-20-2 OU
The Clippers have won three straight home games since dropping the first three playoff games at Staples Center.
L.A. owns a 1-4 SU record in its last five chances in the underdog role with that lone win coming in Game 5 against Utah.
- SG Donovan Mitchell: Ankle - Questionable
- PG Mike Conley: Hamstring - Questionable
Los Angeles Clippers
- SF Kawhi Leonard: Knee - Out
- C Serge Ibaka: Back - Out
Jazz vs. Clippers Prediction
The Clippers have the momentum right now and the Jazz have been in this situation before by blowing a series lead after squandering a 3-1 edge to Denver in the first round last season.
George is in the zone right now and going back to Staples will help solidify a series win for the Clippers over the top-seeded Jazz.
Score Prediction: Clippers 113, Jazz 110
Best Bet: L.A. +1
- NBA JUL 1, 2023
NBA Free Agency – Winners & Losers
- NBA JUN 30, 2023
Next Teams For Lillard & Harden? – Betting Odds
- NBA JUL 8, 2023
2024 NBA Finals Betting Trends & Action Report
- NBA JUN 23, 2023
Value in Wembanyama’s Rookie of the Year Odds?
- NBA JUN 23, 2023
2023-24 NBA Rookie Of The Year Odds
- NBA JUN 22, 2023
NBA Futures Update – Porzingis Trade, Middleton Declines Player Option