Last Updated Oct 05, 2022, 9:09 AM
Week 4 NFL Tech Trends
US Sports Betting Industry Expert
NFL betting expert and handicapper Bruce Marshall breaks down the top trends for the entire Week 4 NFL slate. Check them out below and be sure sure to visit our NFL picks page for expert selections on games this week!
Thursday, Sept. 29
Miami at Cincinnati (Prime Video, 8:15 p.m.)
- Dolphins have started 3-0 SU and vs. spread.
- Bengals just notched their first 2022 win and cover last week vs. Jets.
- Cincy also “under” last eight and ten of last eleven.
Tech Play: Dolphins, Under
Sunday, Oct. 2
New Orleans vs. Minnesota - London (NFLN, 9:30 a.m.)
- Saints no covers first three this season or seven of last eleven overall.
- They did cover 6 of last 8 away last season before no cover at Atl on opening day or at Carolina last week.
- NO also on 8-2 “under” run. Vikings “under” 2-1 in 2022.
Tech Play: Vikings, Under
L.A. Chargers at Houston (CBS, 1:00 p.m.)
- Remember, Bolts got drilled by Texans in significant upset last December.
- Houston has actually dropped just one of its last seven vs. spread since late 2021.
- Chargers closed 2021 covering just 2 of last 6 on road before squeezing inside impost on Sept. 15 vs. Chiefs.
Tech Play: Texans
N.Y. Jets at Pittsburgh (CBS, 1:00 p.m.)
- J-Men a rare September win in Week 2 vs. Browns.
- Jets lost 13 in a row SU in Sept before that win in Cleveland, but back to losing ways vs. Cincy last week.
- NY was just 2-6 vs. spread away in 2021.
- Steel 1-5-1 pick or chalk since last season.
Tech Play: Steelers
Buffalo at Baltimore (CBS, 1:00 p.m.)
- Bills were on 5-0-1 spread surge in reg season since late 2021 until losing last week at Miami.
- Buff has lost outright its last seven games that were decided by 7 points or fewer.
- Harbaugh, however, 7-1 last eight as regular season dog.
Tech Play: Ravens
Seattle at Detroit (FOX, 1:00 p.m.)
- Dan Campbell now 14-6 vs. line with Lions since LY, 1-0 as chalk 9 vs. Wash Sept 18).
- Lions also on 5-0 “over” run.
- Seahawks "over" 2-1 thus far in 2022.
Tech Play: Lions, Over
Cleveland at Atlanta (CBS, 1:00 p.m.)
- Brownies now “over” first three after Steelers result.
- Falcs also “over” first three this season and “over” four straight since late 2021.
- Atl didn’t cover once in seven tries at Mercedes Benz a year ago (one home game in London).
- Atl did cover opener vs. Saints.
Tech Play: Over
Jacksonville at Philadelphia (CBS, 1:00 p.m.)
- Doug Pederson returns to Philly!
- Jags winning last week at Bolts to snap 18-game SU and 5-game spread away losing streaks.
- Birds 4-2-1 last seven vs. line at Linc.
Tech Play: Eagles
Washington at Dallas (FOX, 1:00 p.m.)
- Teams have split the past two seasons, Cowboys winning both LY, Wash both in 2020.
- Cs on 7-4-1 spread uptick since mid 2021 but they have also dropped their last two this season.
- Cowboys have recovered from Bucs loss to win and cover last two, and Dallas on 11-3-1 “under” run since early 2021.
Tech Play: Commanders, Under
Tennessee at Indianapolis (FOX, 1:00 p.m.)
- Both got first wins and covers last week.
- Titans have won and covered four of last five in series.
- “Overs” also 4-1 last five in series.
Tech Play: Titans, Over
Chicago at N.Y. Giants (FOX, 1:00 p.m.)
- Teams have met last three years and each game “under” in process.
- G-Men now “under” 2-0-1 this season (if calling Dallas a "push" last week), NY now on 20-5-1 “under” run.
Tech Play: Under
Arizona at Carolina (FOX, 4:05 p.m.)
- One of the two Panthers covers in their current extended spread slide (now 3-14 last 17) came last season at Glendale.
- Panthers did get the SU win and cover last week vs. Saints.
- Carolina now 1-7 vs. line at Charlotte since early 2021.
- Cards 9-1 vs. spread last ten on reg season road.
Tech Play: Cardinals
New England at Green Bay (CBS, 4:25 p.m.)
- Belichick failed to cover last three on road a year ago before winning first try in 2022 at Pittsburgh.
- Pack 9-1 vs. spread last ten at Lambeau.
Tech Play: Packers
Denver at Las Vegas (CBS, 4:25 p.m.)
- Broncos have dropped last four outright in series and five of last six, also 1-5 vs. spread last six in series.
- Russell Wilson’s Denver 1-2 vs. line.
- Vic Fangio “under” trend enduring so far with Hackett, “under” 3-0 so it’s now “under” 15-5 for Denver.
- “Unders” also 5-0 last five that Raiders have hosted vs. Denver.
- Raiders 0-3 SU and vs. line for Josh McDaniels in 2022.
Tech Play: Under
Kansas City at Tampa Bay (NBC, 8:20 p.m.)
- Super rematch two years removed.
- Even after loss to Pack, Brady on 9-3 spread run in reg season since mid 2021.
- Bucs also “under” 6-2 last seven in reg season.
- Chiefs only 13-22 last 35 vs. line, but "over" 8-3 last 11.
Tech Play: Buccaneers
Monday, Oct. 3
L.A. Rams at San Francisco (ESPN, 8:15 p.m.)
- Niners have controlled series lately even though they didn’t get the one they wanted most in NFC title game.
- Still, a SF cover, one of three vs. Rams last year, now 5-0 vs. line last five in series.
- Niners have won six in a row in reg season matchups.
- Rams no covers four of last five or six of nine since last year.
- Even after close Denver loss, Niners on 8-3 spread uptick since late 2021.
- SF also “under” last six and 10-1 last ten since late 2021.
Tech Play: 49ers, Under