Last Updated Oct 11, 2022, 5:55 PM
Week 5 NFL Tech Trends
US Sports Betting Industry Expert
NFL betting expert and handicapper Bruce Marshall breaks down the top trends for the entire Week 5 NFL slate. Check them out below and be sure sure to visit our NFL picks page for expert selections on games this week!
Thursday, October 6
Indianapolis at Denver (Prime Video, 8:15 p.m.)
- Colts “under” first four this season and “under” nine in a row since late 2021.
- Broncos “under” 3-1 in 2022, “under” 15-6 since 2021.
Tech Play: Under
Sunday, October 9
N.Y. Giants at Green Bay - London (NFLN, 9:30 a.m.)
- Pack 1-4 vs. line last five as chalk away from Lambeau.
- G-Men “under” 21-6 since mid 2020 (some might be 22-5 if playing the "under" early enough in the Sept. 26 Dallas game),
- Pack “under” 4-1 since late 2021.
Tech Play: Giants, Under
Pittsburgh at Buffalo (CBS, 1:00 p.m.)
- Tomlin won in upset at Orchard Park opening week last season, and 11-6 last 17 as dog since 2020.
- Bills 4-0-1 vs. spread last five as host.
Tech Play: Steelers
Miami at N.Y. Jets (CBS, 1:00 p.m.)
- After loss to Cincy, Dolphins still 11-2 SU, 10-3 vs. spread last 13 since mid 2021.
- One of the spread L's in that stretch however was last Dec 19 at home vs. Jets, though Miami has won last four outright in series.
- Dolphins also “under” 6-2 last eight after Cincy game.
Tech Play: Dolphins, Under
Seattle at New Orleans (FOX, 1:00 p.m.)
- Saints just 1-5 vs. spread last six at Superdome, also on 8-3 “under” run since late last season (though "over" vs. Vikes in London last week).
- Seahawks 3-4 vs. spread last seven away from home but off uplifting shootout win at Lions last week.
Tech Play: Seahawks, Under
Atlanta at Tampa Bay (FOX, 1:00 p.m.)
- Falcons off to 4-0 start vs. spread in 2022, also now 6-2-2 vs. line last ten on road.
- Also “over” four of last five since late 2022, though Bucs have opened “under” 3-1 this season.
Tech Play: Falcons, Over
Detroit at New England (FOX, 1:00 p.m.)
- Dan Campbell 3-1 vs. line in 2022, 14-7 vs. spread since last season with Lions, who have also covered seven games in that span in which they have lost outright .
- Detroit also “over” last six and eight of ten since late 2021.
- Belichick 2-4 vs. spread since late 2021.
Tech Play: Lions, Over
L.A. Chargers at Cleveland (CBS, 1:00 p.m.)
- Browns “over” three of first four in 2022 after “under” 6 of last 7 to close 2021.
- Chargers “over” 8-2 last ten since late 2021.
- These teams played a wild 47-42 shootout in LA's favor last season at Inglewood.
- Browns only 8-19 last 27 as home dog, while Chargers 5-1 last six as road chalk.
Tech Play: Chargers, Over
Chicago at Minnesota (FOX, 1:00 p.m.)
- Vikes have covered 4 of last 5 meetings.
- Bears 2-6 vs. spread last eight away.
Tech Play: Vikings
Houston at Jacksonville
- Texans have won last eight outright in series, covered four of last five meetings.
- Houston 5-2-1 vs. spread since late 2021.
- Jags recently won and covered two in a row for first time since opening two weeks of 2018 season before losing last week at Eagles.
Tech Play: Texans
Tennessee at Washington (FOX, 1:00 p.m.)
- Wash 7-5-1 vs. spread since mid 2021 but has dropped three in a row SU and vs. line, though 4-2 vs. points last six at FedEx.
- Wash also “under” 6-1 last seven at FedEx Field.
- Titans “over” 7-3 away since last season.
Tech Play: Titans
San Francisco at Carolina (FOX, 4:05 p.m.)
- Panthers were on 2-14 spread skid until recent win over Saints, but loss to Cards last week puts them a subpar 3-15 last 18 against number.
- Have dropped eight of last nine vs. spread at Charlotte, too.
- After covering 7 of last 9 on road entering 2022, Niners 0-2 vs. line away this season, also “under” 4-0 in 2022 and 11-1 “under” since late 2021 after Rams on Monday.
- Tech edge-“Under” and Niners, based on “totals” and team trends.
Tech Play: Niners, Under
Philadelphia at Arizona (FOX, 4:25 p.m.)
- Eagles 4-0 SU, 3-1 vs. line to begin season, but only 2-4 vs. line last six away.
- Cards no covers last six at Glendale.
Tech Play: Eagles
Dallas at L.A. Rams (FOX, 4:25 p.m.)
- Cowboys 3-0 SU and vs. line with Cooper Rush in lineup, Dallas also “under” 3-0-1 this season (if counting NYG as a totals push) and 12-3-1 last 16 since early 2021.
- Dallas has also now covered five straight on road.
- Rams 3-7 vs. spread last ten at So Fi and just 1-5 vs. points last six since late last season.
Tech Play: Cowboys, Under
Cincinnati at Baltimore (NBC, 8:20 p.m.)
- Bengals have straightened out with wins and covers last two following Miami win.
- Cincy also “under” four in a row and nine straight since late 2021 but both Ravens games “over” last season.
- Cincy won both of those in romps a year ago.
Tech Play: Under
Monday, Oct. 10
Las Vegas at Kansas City (ESPN, 8:15 p.m.)
- Chiefs destroyed Raiders both meetings LY by combined 89-23 score, and KC on 6-2 spread uptick at Arrowhead.
- Raiders off 1-3 SU and vs. spread, and just 5-10 last 15 vs. line since mid 2021.
- Last four meetings “over” as well.
Tech Play: Chiefs, Over