Last Updated Nov 09, 2022, 2:48 PM
NFL Betting Trends: Week 7
US Sports Betting Industry Expert
NFL betting expert and handicapper Bruce Marshall breaks down the top trends for the entire Week 7 NFL slate. Check them out below and be sure sure to visit our NFL picks page for expert selections on games this week!
Thursday, October 20
New Orleans at Arizona (Prime Video, 8:15 p.m.)
- Cards have lost eight in a row outright at Glendale, 1-7 vs. line in those (cover in last home game vs. Eagles).
- Arizona also “under” 8-2-1 last eleven since late 2021.
- Saints on 9-5 “under” run (though “over” last three this season).
Tech Play: Saints, Under
Sunday, October 23
Tampa Bay at Carolina (FOX, 1:00 p.m.)
- Panthers have lost and failed to cover 17 of last 20 since early last season.
- The Brady Bucs have won and covered big the last four meetings vs. Carolina since 2020, no win by fewer than 14 points, combined score 150-63.
- TB “under” 5-1 in 2022.
Tech Play: Buccaneers, Under
N.Y. Giants at Jacksonville (FOX, 1:00 p.m.)
- G-Men 5-1 SU and vs. line TY, also “under” 28-9 or 27-10 since start of 2020 depending upon when got down Sept. 26 vs. Cowboys.
- Jags “under” 14-8 last 22 since early 2021.
Tech Play: Giants, Under
Atlanta at Cincinnati (FOX, 1:00 p.m.)
- Falcons stunning 6-0 vs. line out of chute in 2022.
- Also 7-2-2 vs. points last 11 on road.
- Bengals “under” 5-1 in 2022 and now 10-1 “under” since late 2021 (last week against Saints was first over since Jan. 2 vs. Chiefs).
Tech Play: Falcons, Under
Green Bay at Washington (FOX, 1:00 p.m.)
- Pack won and covered this matchup last Oct 24 at Lambeau.
- But GB just 3-8 last eleven vs. spread since late 2021.
- Wash actually 4-2 vs. line after Bears win on Thurs, and Ron Rivera on 10-4-1 spread uptick since mid 2021.
- Rivera also “under” four straight after Bears game and 9-4 “under” since late 2021.
Tech Play: Commanders, Under
Indianapolis at Tennessee (CBS, 1:00 p.m.)
- Rematch Oct 2 at Lucas Oil won by Titans 24-17.
- Now four straight and five of six wins and covers for Tenn against Colts.
- Titans have covered three in a row in 2022, also “under” 9-2 last 11 since late 2021.
- Colts now “under” 10-1 last 11 since late 2021 after last week's rare "over" (vs. Jags).
Tech Play: Titans, Under
Detroit at Dallas (CBS, 1:00 p.m.)
- Dan Campbell 14-8 vs. line since last season with Lions, covering seven times in outright losses.
- Detroit also on 6-1 “over” run since late 2021.
- Cowboys 4-1 SU and vs. line since Cooper Rush entered lineup.
- Also “under” either 14-5 or 13-5 last 18 depending upon when counting number vs. Giants on Sept. 26.
Tech Play: Cowboys
Cleveland at Baltimore (CBS, 1:00 p.m.)
- Ravens have won and covered last five series meetings.
- Road team however is 5-1 vs. line in Balt games this season (Ravens 0-3 at home vs. spread).
- Cleve “over” 5-1 this campaign.
Tech Play: Ravens, Over
Houston at Las Vegas (CBS, 4:05 p.m.)
- Lovie 3-1-1 vs. line this season, Texans actually 6-2-1 vs. spread last nine since late 2021.
- Raiders just 4-6 vs. points at home since early last season (2-6 against teams other than Denver).
- Vegas “over” last four in 2022.
Tech Play: Texans, Over
N.Y. Jets at Denver (CBS, 4:05 p.m.)
- Vic Fangio’s Broncos won this game 26-0 in Week Three last season.
- J-Men 7-3 spread uptick since late last season.
- Nathaniel Hackett 2-4 vs. line and 5-1 “under” for Denver in 2022.
- Broncos now “under” 17-6 dating to Fangio’s last season in 2021.
Tech Play: Jets, Under
Seattle at L.A. Chargers (FOX, 4:25 p.m.)
- Old AFC West rivals from once upon a time.
- Hawks “over” three of last four in 2022 and 8-4 “over” since late 2021.
- Chargers also 4-2 vs. line in 2022 on heels of 4-8 spread skid to close 2021.
Tech Play: Over
Kansas City at San Francisco (FOX, 4:25 p.m.)
- Super Bowl rematch three years ago!
- Chiefs only 4-7 vs. number last eleven since late 2021, Andy Reid also on 10-4 “over” run.
- Note Niners have lost last four following their “stopover” game in East but have won and covered six straight at Levi’s.
Tech Play: 49ers
Pittsburgh at Miami (NBC, 8:20 p.m.)
- Steel 1-3-1 vs. spread last five though off rousing win over Bucs, and Mike Tomlin now 17-9-1 as dog since 2019 (2-2-1 this season).
- Dolphins no wins or covers last three this season after 9-2 spread run previous.
Tech Play: Steelers
Monday, October 24
Chicago at New England (ESPN, 8:15 p.m.)
- Bears 1-3-1 vs. line last five this season after Wash loss, and 4-9-1 against spread since mid 2021.
- Belichick has covered last three this season, 5-2 vs. spread last seven at Gillette Stadium, also “over” 4-1 last five at Foxborough.
Tech Play: Patriots, Over