Jul 12, 2021
2021 Carolina Panthers Betting Odds, Picks & Predictions
2021 Carolina Panthers Betting Odds, Predictions, Preview
Despite last year’s 5-11 season the number one stat you’re gonna hear this offseason is that they lost nine games by eight points or less. This team was in contention almost every weak including tough games against Kansas City and Washington down the stretch and played great football.
A lot of this team’s offensive performance is gonna come down to new starting quarterback Sam Darnold. Last season, game manager extraordinaire Teddy Bridgewater threw for 3,733 yards, a 69.1% completion percentage, and 15 TDs with 11 picks. Darnold’s stats haven’t been much better in his time as the Jets starting quarterback, averaging 213 yards per game with a 59.7% passer rating, 45 TD’s, and 39 interceptions.
The question then becomes, are the Panthers any better with Darnold vs Bridgewater? I would say that Bridgewater posses a much safer floor as a solid game manager while Darnold has considerably more upside. Many believe that Darnold was held down by poor management along with Adam Gase coaching. Panthers aren’t in the win-now mode so I definitely don’t mind taking a shot on the former first-round QB. Vegas doesn’t seem to think much changes considering the win total stayed at 7.5 after the Darnold acquisition.
Just one season after performing a rare all defense draft the Panthers will look to continue to develop that young talent. I expect some marginal improvements this season but it’s hard for me to believe this defensive unit can actually be a challenging force for conference quarterbacks like Brady or Ryan.
2021 Carolina Panthers Schedule
- Week 1 - Sun., Sept. 12 - vs. N.Y. Jets - 1:00 p.m. - CBS
- Week 2 - Sun, Sept. 19 - vs. New Orleans - 1:00 p.m. - FOX
- Week 3 - Sun., Sept. 23 - at Houston - 8:20 p.m. - NFL Network
- Week 4 - Sun., Oct. 4 - at Dallas - 1:00 p.m. - FOX
- Week 5 - Sun., Oct. 10 - vs. Philadelphia - 1:00 p.m. - FOX
- Week 6 - Sun., Oct. 17 - vs. Minnesota - 1:00 p.m. - FOX
- Week 7 - Sun., Oct. 24 - at N.Y. Giants - 1:00 p.m. - FOX
- Week 8 - Sun., Oct. 31 - at Atlanta - 1:00 p.m. - FOX
- Week 9 - Sun., Nov. 7 - vs. New England - 1:00 p.m. - CBS
- Week 10 - Sun., Nov. 14 - at Arizona - 4:05 p.m. - FOX
- Week 11 - Sun., Nov. 21 - vs. Washington - 1:00 p.m. - FOX
- Week 12 - Sun., Nov. 28 - at Miami - 1:00 p.m. - FOX
- Week 13 - BYE
- Week 14 - Sun., Dec. 12 - vs. Atlanta - 1:00 p.m. - FOX
- Week 15 - TBD - at Buffalo - TBD
- Week 16 - Sun., Dec. 26 - vs. Tampa Bay - 1:00 p.m. - FOX
- Week 17 - Sun., Jan. 2 - at New Orleans - 1:00 p.m. - FOX
- Week 18 - Sun., Jan. 9 - at Tampa Bay - 1:00 p.m. - FOX
Win Total Odds
- Over 7.5 +110
- Under 7.5 -134
Carolina Panthers Odds to Win NFC South
I really like the direction coach Matt Rhule is taking this team in but I’m not interested in the Panthers to win the division +1100. Sharing a division with the reigning Super Bowl champs along with the very competitive Saints is gonna be a really tough chunk of games.
I think it’s very likely they drop both games to the Buccaneers, split the series with the Falcons, and hope to maybe steal one of two from the Saints. With a new quarterback and a shaky defense I think we should temper our expectations a bit, its an incredibly tough division.
Carolina Panthers Odds to Win NFC Championship
I don’t think these odds are quite large enough to even justify a longshot. If Sam Darnold comes out and plays amazing football then this team definitely has some offensive upside. I’m just not sure there complete enough to compete at that level.
I’m excited to see that young defense continue to improve but I still highly doubt it will crack the top 15. No interest in betting the Panthers to win the NFC Championship this season.
Carolina Panthers Odds to Win Super Bowl 56
Really no interest right here. If you’re an excited Panthers fan then I think you have a much better chance at some of the other longshots on the board. I think sprinkles on Sam Darnold MVP and Matt Rhule COY are more likely longshots. Excited to see year two of the rebuild but not confident they go on any sort of playoff run this season.