Last Updated Nov 02, 2022, 7:50 PM
NFL Betting Trends - Week 8
US Sports Betting Industry Expert
NFL betting expert and handicapper Bruce Marshall breaks down the top trends for the entire Week 8 NFL slate. Check them out below and be sure sure to visit our NFL picks page for expert selections on games this week!
Thursday, October 27
Baltimore Ravens vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Ravens faring better vs. line on road (2-1) than at home (0-4) thus far in 2022. Also 7-2 “under” run.
- Bucs no covers last five in 2022, “under” 6-1 this season.
Tech Play: Ravens, Under
Sunday, October 30
Denver Broncos vs. Jacksonville Jaguars
- Jags 1-7 vs. spread last eight away from home, though Broncos only 2-5 vs. line in 2022.
- Broncos “under” 6-1 this season, 18-6 “under” since Fangio days a year ago.
- J'ville also "under" 16-9 since late 2020.
Tech Play: Under
Las Vegas Raiders vs. New Orleans Saints
- Raiders 3-6 vs. spread last nine away (1-2 this season), also “over” last five in 2022.
- Saints “over” four in a row after Thursday game at Arizona.
Tech Play: Over
Miami Dolphins vs. Detroit Lions
- Dan Campbell has dropped last two vs. spread in 2022 and only 4-18-1 SU since last season, but 14-9 vs. spread that span with Lions.
- Detroit also 6-1 vs. spread last seven at Ford Field, and 6-2 “over” since late 2021 (though "under" at Dallas last week).
- Dolphins no covers last four this season after covering 10 of previous 12.
Tech Play: Lions, Over
Chicago Bears vs. Dallas Cowboys
- Cowboys have covered 5 of last 6 this season, also 10-4 “under” run since late 2021.
- Bears zig-zagging vs. spread but have covered last two on road.
Tech Play: Cowboys, Under
Arizona Cardinals vs. Minnesota Vikings
- Cards 2-1 vs. line away this season, 10-2 vs. points as reg season visitor since a year ago.
- Big Red also “under” four in a row before last Thursday and that “over” vs. Saints.
- Vikes 5-1 SU but only 2-4 vs. line in 2022.
Tech Play: Cardinals, Under
New England Patriots vs. New York Jets
- Prior to loss vs. Bears on Monday, Belichick had covers in previous three, and remember went on 7-game spread uptick at midseason a year ago, and 9-1 in 10-game stretch.
- Belichick has also beaten Jets 12 in a row, and 7-2 last nine vs. spread against NY.
- Jets however have won and covered last four this season after Denver win.
Tech Play: Patriots
Carolina Panthers vs. Atlanta Falcons
- Falcons 6-1 vs. line out of chute this season, though off a loss to Bengals, while Panthers 2-5 vs. spread but off of a win vs. Bucs.
- Carolina now 4-17 SU and vs. spread last 21 since early 2021.
- One of those four wins and covers vs. vs. Falcons last season, though ATL won rematch.
Tech Play: Falcons
Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Philadelphia Eagles
- Mike Tomlin 18-9-1 as dog since 2019 (2-2-1 this season) after last week's cover at Miami, Steel also “under” 8-4 since late 2021.
- Birds have won six in a row SU out of gate this season but only 4-2 vs. line in those (3-0 vs. spread at home, however).
Tech Play: Steelers, Under
Tennessee Titans vs. Houston Texans
- Texans have covered last three meetings, and “over” 4-1 last five in series.
- Titans have covered last four in 2022, but Vrabel just 2-6 vs. spread last eight as road chalk.
- Lovie 3-2-1 vs. spread in 2022, Texans on 6-3-1 spread uptick since late 2021.
Tech Play: Texans, Over
Washington Commanders vs. Indianapolis Colts
- Ron Rivera 9-6-1 vs. points since mid 2021 after win over Pack, also “under” 4-1 last five this season.
- Colts “under” 6-1 in 2022 and 11-1 “under” since late 2021.
Tech Play: Washington, Under
San Francisco 49ers vs. Los Angeles Rams
- Niners continued recent series dominance with Oct. 3 win at Santa Clara, they’ve now won seven straight in reg season vs. Rams, and 7-1 vs. line last eight meetings since 2019.
- Only SF loss in series since 2019 was LY’s NFC title game which Niners still covered.
- SF has also won and covered last three reg season games in LA.
- SF also on 12-3 “under” run since mid 2021.
- Rams 1-4 vs. line last five at So Fi, also “under” 9-3 last 12 since late 2021.
Tech Play: Niners, Under
New York Giants vs. Seattle Seahawks
- G-Men 6-1 SU and vs. line for Brian Daboll, also on 14-6 “under” run since early 2021.
- Pete Carroll 2-1 vs. spread at home this season.
Tech Play: Giants, Under
Green Bay Packers vs. Buffalo Bills
- Pack 5-1 as dog since 2021, 7-2 since 2020, 10-4 since 2019 getting points.
- Though GB no covers last four this season. Bills 5-0-1 vs. spread last six at Orchard Park, also “under” 5-1 this season.
Tech Play: Under
Monday, October 31
Cincinnati Bengals vs. Cleveland Browns
- Paul Brown’s creations! Bengals have covered 4 of last 5 meetings though only have won outright twice in that span.
- Cincy has also covered five straight this season, Brownies no wins last four this season, 1-3 vs. line in those games.
- Bengals on 10-2 “under” run though Cleveland “over” 5-2 this season.
Tech Play: Bengals, Under