BetMGM Bonus Code Earns $1.5K First Bet Offer for Friday CFB
Ready for a big weekend of college football, and need a new sportsbook to get started? BetMGM bonus code VIBONUS gives new users in most states a $1,500 first bet on the house, meaning you'll be refunded in bonus bets equal to what you lose should your first wager lose.
The max refund is $1,500, but if you put $20 on a Friday college football game and lose, you'll get $20 in bonus bets back.
BetMGM Kentucky is also offering $100 in bonus bets with no deposit needed. Online wagering launches Sept. 28, in time for Packers-Lions on Thursday Night Football in NFL Week 4.
We'll dive into more of the specifics of these offers and how they work below.
|BetMGM Bonus Code||VIBONUS|
|BetMGM Offer||$1.5K First Bet on the House|
|Terms & Conditions||21+, Terms and Conditions Apply. Gambling problem? Call or text 1-800-GAMBLER|
BetMGM offers by state
BetMGM operates its online sportsbook in almost two dozen states (including Washington D.C.), though the Nevada product is different than the rest of the country, and you must sign up in person, like all Nevada sportsbooks.
In New York, Kansas, D.C. and Nevada, there are no new-user offers available. In all other states, there's a $1,500 first bet on the house for all users.
- Kansas (no offers)
- New Jersey
- Nevada (no offers)
- New York (no offers)
- Washington D.C. (no offers)
- West Virginia
How First Bet Insurance Works at BetMGM
Alright, let's dive into an example from Friday's college football slate.
If you bet $200 on Hawaii +3 against Stanford and win that bet, you'd profit $181 if Hawaii wins, and keep your $200 bet. So you'll now have $381 in your account and you can keep betting or withdraw it.
If Hawaii doesn't cover +3, you'll get $200 back in bonus bets.
What Happens When You Get Bonus Bets?
If Hawaii doesn't cover, you'll get bonus bets back equal to whatever you lost -- in our example, that's $200. In most cases, you'll get five bonus bets back totaling whatever amount you lost.
A bonus bet is like a credit in which you keep any profits from the bet, but not the bonus bet itself. Here's another example from Saturday's college football slate -- you take West Virginia first half moneyline at +500 against Penn State with a $40 bonus bet.
- If WVU leads at halftime, you profit $200 in cash ($40 x 5.0) but don't keep the bonus. So you'll now have $200 cash, plus $160 in bonus bets.
- If WVU 1H doesn't win, the bonus bet just goes away.
Signing Up at BetMGM
Signing up at BetMGM should take just a few minutes.
- Use this link, or head to betmgm.com.
- Complete the sign-up flow with all your real information. If you try to use a fake address, or the address of the AirBNB you're staying at this weekend, BetMGM can't verify your identity and you won't be able to deposit. It's perfectly legal to bet from a different state than you live, as long as you're physically located in that state.
- Enter bonus code VIBONUS (or for Friday, VIBONUSMLB) to claim the new-user offer.
- Make your first bet
That's it! You must be 21 years old and like I said, physically located in a BetMGM state. You do not have to live there.
If you're traveling to a new state, you do need to sign up for a new BetMGM account, even if you're already opened another one where you live.