Last Updated Aug 30, 2021, 13:52 PM
Tech Trends - Week 10
Don't miss out on expert College Football selections from Bruce Marshall this season on VegasInsider.com. Click to win!
Week 10 of the College Football season kicks off on Wednesday, Nov. 4 with MACtion and concludes on Saturday Nov. 7.
We've identified betting trends and angles for key matchups between FBS and FCS matchups.
We also have "Tech Edge" leans on the side or total for each game too.
Straight Up (SU), Against the Spread (ATS), Over-Under (O/U)
Wednesday, Nov. 4
BALL STATE at MIAMI-OHIO (CBSSN, 7:00 p.m.)
- Ball State covered 5 of 6 away from Muncie LY.
- Also 5-1 as underdog.
- Miami has lost and failed to cover openers the past three seasons.
Tech Edge: Slight to Ball State, based on team trends.
EASTERN MICHIGAN at KENT STATE (ESPN+, 6:00 p.m.)
- EMU enters 2020 with 22-5-1 spread mark last 28 away from Ypsilanti.
- Though has failed to cover last two years vs. Kent State.
- Golden Flashes closed 2019 covering last 5 and 7 of last 8, but only 2-2 as chalk, and just 6-8 in role.
Tech Edge: EMU, based on team trends.
WESTERN MICHIGAN at AKRON (ESPN3, 6:00 p.m.)
- WMU just 1-7-1 vs. line last 9 away from Waldo Stadium, and just 6-12-1 last 19 as chalk.
- Zips, however, off subterranean 1-11 SU and spread marks in 2019 for Arth, and 1-11 vs. spread last 12 as host.
Tech Edge: WMU, based on recent Akron woes.
BOWLING GREEN at TOLEDO (ESPNU, 8:00 p.m.)
- BG continued as poor value last season under Loeffler, only 3-9 vs. line and now 14-34 vs. spread the past four seasons.
- Falcons did shock local rival Toledo 20-7 LY as 26½-point dog after losing nine straight in series and having allowed 204 points the previous four series losses.
- Rockets didn’t exactly close with a rush in 2019 themselves as 0-6-1 last 7 vs. number suggests.
- But, Toledo had covered five of previous seven as MAC host into 2019 and was 5-1 as DD chalk in 2018.
Tech Edge: Toledo, based on extended Bowling Green woes.
BUFFALO at NORTHERN ILLINOIS (ESPN2, 7:00 p.m.)
- Buffalo on 26-12-3 run vs. line since late in 2016 for Leipold.
- Bulls, however, have lost all 11 SU vs. NIU since 1999 (didn’t play LY).
- Meetings in 2017-18 each decided by one point!
- Huskies were 5-1 as dog in 2019 and 8-2 last ten in role.
Tech Edge: Slight to Buffalo, based on team trends.
OHIO at CENTRAL MICHIGAN (ESPN, 7:00 p.m.)
- Solich has covered 5 of his last 7 as MAC visitor and 15-7 vs. spread as visitor since 2016.
- If Solich a 'dog here note 14-5 mark in role since 2015.
- Ohio has lost and failed to cover last 4 vs CMU though teams haven’t met since 2017.
- McElwain 10-4 vs. spread in Chip debut LY when 6-0 vs. spread at Mt Pleasant (Not-so-pleasant for visitors).
Tech Edge: Slight to Ohio, especially if dog, based on extended Solich trends.
Thursday, Nov. 5
WYOMING at COLORADO STATE (CBSSN, 9:00 p.m.)
- Border war!
- Advantage Wyoming, as Bohl has won and covered last four meetings.
- Cowboys on 8-2 spread run in Laramie after Hawaii win.
Tech Edge: Wyoming, based on team and series trends.
UTAH STATE at NEVADA (FS1, 7:00 p.m.)
- Utags sagging, only 4-8 last 12 vs. line since early 2019.
- Wolf Pack on 6-2 spread run last 8 vs. MW at Reno.
Tech Edge: Nevada, based on recent trends.
Friday, Nov. 6
MIAMI-FLA at NC STATE (ESPN, 7:30 p.m.)
- NC State has covered its first two in Raleigh this season and 5-1 “over” as well in 2020.
- Canes only 1-4 vs. line last five as chalk away from home (though 1-0 in role this season).
Tech Edge: Slight to NCS and “over,” based on team and “totals” trends.
SAN JOSE STATE at SAN DIEGO STATE (CBSSN, 9:00 p.m.)
- SJSU on 11-4-1 spread run since late 2018, 9-3 last 12 as dog.
- Spartans however haven’t beaten SDSU outright since 2012.
- Aztecs covered vs. feeble UNLV in opener but home chalk not a good role lately (5-12 since 2017).
Tech Edge: SJSU, based on team trends.
BYU at BOISE STATE (FS1, 9:45 p.m.)
- Cougs 7-0 SU, 6-1 vs. line in 2020, won and covered first two on road.
- BYU has covered 4 of last 5 series meetings.
- Boise State now 8-3 last 11 vs. line at home after previous struggles on the blue carpet.
Tech Edge: Slight to BYU, based on series trends.
Saturday, Nov. 7
SMU at TEMPLE (ESPN+, 12:00 p.m.)
- Owls were 6-2 vs. line at Linc in 2019 but failed to cover 2020 home opener vs. USF.
- Temple was whipped at SMU in 2019, however.
- Mustangs just 1-4 vs. line last five and 2-5 last seven vs. spread away from Dallas.
Tech Edge: Slight to Temple, based on team trends.
AIR FORCE at ARMY (CBS, 11:30 a.m.)
- Underdog side unbeaten last five vs. line (4-0-1) in series.
- Falcons have won and covered last three trips to Michie.
- Troy Calhoun 19-10-2 vs. spread as dog since 2014.
Tech Edge: Air Force, based on team trends.
TULANE at EAST CAROLINA (ESPN+, 12:00 p.m.)
- Tulane on 14-7 spread uptick since late 2018, also “over” 5-1 last 6 in 2020.
- ECU 8-3 last 11 as dog (3-1 in 2020 after Tulsa cover) and “over” last four this season.
Tech Edge: “Over,” based on recent “totals” trends.
PITT at FLORIDA STATE (ACC, 4:00 p.m.)
- Panthers on 6-2 “over” run.
- Pitt on 2-7-1 spread skid since late 2019.
- FSU only 3-7 last ten as chalk, “over” 7-3 last ten since late 2019.
Tech Edge: “Over,” based on “totals” trends.
SOUTH ALABAMA at COASTAL CAROLINA (ESPNU, 8:00 p.m.)
- Chants 5-1 vs. line in 2020 and on 9-3 spread uptick since mid 2019.
- USA “under” 12-5 last 17 since 2019.
Tech Edge: “Under” and Coastal, based on “totals” and team trends.
LIBERTY at VIRGINIA TECH (ACC, 12:00 p.m.)
- Virginia Tech has covered five straight at Blacksburg.
- Hugh Freeze, however, has covered 6 of last 8 away from Lynchburg and 4-1 last five as 'dog.
Tech Edge: Slight to Liberty, based on team trends.
TROY at GEORGIA SOUTHERN (ESPN3, 12:00 p.m.)
- Troy 3-3 vs. line in 2020, 7-11 vs. spread since Chip Lindsey arrived last season.
- Trojans have covered last two and won last three handily vs. GSU.
- Note Eagles have alternated covers their last 12 games thru USA on Oct. 29, due to L if pattern continues.
Tech Edge: Slight to Troy, based on series trends.
HOUSTON at CINCINNATI (ESPN, 3:30 p.m.)
- Holgorsen very so-so lately, 8-8 vs. line at UH, 6-6 as dog.
- Cougs also “over” 6-2 last 8 since late 2019.
- Cincy, however, “under” 14-5 since last season.
Tech Edge: Slight to “under,” based on Cincy extended “totals” trends.
ULM at GEORGIA STATE (ESPN3, 12:00 p.m.)
- Warhawks 2-5 vs. line in 2020, 10-23 last 33 on board for Matt Viator.
- Even after blowout loss to Coastal Carolina, Panthers 6-2 vs. spread last 7 in Atlanta.
- Home teams have won and covered handily past two years in series.
Tech Edge: Georgia State, based on team trends.
LOUISVILLE at VIRGINIA (ACC, 8:00 p.m.)
- Home team has covered last four in series.
- Cards “over” 10-2 last 11 since mid 2019, Cavs “over” 11-1 last 12 since mid 2019.
Tech Edge: Virginia and “over,” based on series and recent “totals” trends.
BOSTON COLLEGE at SYRACUSE (ESPN3, 2:00 p.m.)
- Road team has covered last four in series.
- ‘Cuse just 3-7 last 10 vs. line at Carrier Dome.
- Eagles 13-5 last 18 vs. line as visitor, 4-2 last six as visiting chalk.
Tech Edge: BC, based on series and team trends.
NORTH CAROLINA at DUKE (ESPN2, 12:00 p.m.)
- Cutcliffe only 1-2 as dog TY after 2-4-1 mark in role last season.
- All following 25-12-1 as dog 2013-18.
- Mack Brown 6-3 last 9 vs. line since late 2019.
Tech Edge: Slight to UNC, based on recent trends.
TULSA at NAVY (CBSSN, 12:00 p.m.)
- Mids 1-2 as Annapolis dog this season, 5-4-1 in role since 2016.
- Navy 23-14-1 as dog overall since 2015.
- Mids have won and covered last five meetings.
- Tulsa however 8-1 vs. spread away since 2019.
Tech Edge: Slight to Navy, based on series trends.
MICHIGAN at INDIANA (FS1, 12:00 p.m.)
- Hoosiers haven’t won in series since 1987, it’s 24 SU wins in a row since for Wolverines.
- Road team has covered last two in series.
- Harbaugh however just 3-5 vs. spread last 8 on Big Ten road.
- IU 5-2 last seven as underdog.
Tech Edge: Slight to Michigan, based on series trends.
RUTGERS at OHIO STATE (Big Ten, 7:30 p.m.)
- Buckeyes have now covered 6 of their last 7 at Big Horseshoe.
- OSU has murdered Rutgers last six years, scoring 49 or more in each, covering all except last year’s 56-21 win.
- Most of those vs. former OSU asst. Ash.
Tech Edge: OSU, based on team and series trends.
MARYLAND at PENN STATE (Big Ten, 3:30 p.m.)
- James Franklin has been merciless on Maryland the past four years, win and covers in each, with 163-6 total score last three years.
- Animosity from Franklin being bypassed at Md after 2010, though he failed to cover vs. Terps in 2014-15.
- Franklin, however, on 0-6 spread skid at Happy Valley.
Tech Edge: Penn State, based on recent series trends.
BAYLOR at IOWA STATE (FS1, 7:00 p.m.)
- At end of Rhule era, Baylor had covered seven straight vs. Big 12 foes away from Waco, though lost first conference road game of 2020 at WVU.
- Bears were also 9-1 as dog to close Rhule era, 0-1-1 in role TY.
- ISU has covered last two at Ames though only 2-4 vs. line last six as host, 3-6-1 last 10 overall.
Tech Edge: Slight to Baylor, based on team trends.
MINNESOTA at ILLINOIS (Big Ten, 3:30 p.m.)
- Gophers now 4-8-1 vs. line as Big 10 visitor since 2018, though 3-2-1 last six in role.
- Fleck on 11-4 “over” run after Maryland loss.
- Aside from 6-0 midseason spread run last season, Lovie 8-18 vs. line in other Big Ten games since late 2016.
Tech Edge: “Over,” based on Gophers “totals” trends.
MICHIGAN STATE at IOWA (ESPN, 12:00 p.m.)
- Hawkeyes “under” 10-4-1 since last season after Purdue & NU games.
- Ferentz 8-5 last 13 as Iowa City chalk.
- MSU 17-7 “under” since late 2018.
Tech Edge: “Under” and Iowa, based on “totals” and team trends.
PURDUE at WISCONSIN (ABC, 3:30 p.m.)
- Even after Illini win, Wiscy just 3-6 vs. spread last 9 as Camp Randall Big Ten host.
- Purdue has covered 5 of last 6 and 8 of 10 since mid-2019.
- Brohm also 16-4 as dog with Boilermakers since 2017.
Tech Edge: Purdue, based on team trends.
UCLA at COLORADO (ESPN2, 7:00 p.m.)
- Dorrell Colorado debut vs. his old team!
- UCLA 18-30-1 vs. line since 2016.
- Buffs covered last three at Boulder in 2019.
Tech Edge: Slight to Colorado, based on team trends.
ARIZONA at UTAH (ESPNU, 4:00 p.m.)
- Utah has won and covered last four meetings.
- Sumlin 4-7 vs. line last 11 away with Cats, also dropped 9 of 12 vs. spread in 2019.
- Utes covered all five LY and 7 of last 8 vs. Pac-12 at Salt Lake City.
Tech Edge: Utah, based on team and series trends.
ARIZONA STATE at USC (FOX, 12:00 p.m.)
- USC covered 4 of 5 as Pac-12 host in 2019 and has won and covered 4 of last 5 vs. ASU.
- Herm only 5-10 vs. line last 15 since late 2018 though he was 4-2 as dog in 2019.
Tech Edge: SC, based on series trends.
STANFORD at OREGON (ABC, 7:30 p.m.)
- Shaw only 1-5 as dog LY after 13-5-1 mark in role previously on Farm (since 2011).
- Shaw had won and covered 3 straight vs. Ducks prior to 2019.
- Ducks only 2-4 vs. spread last six as Pac-12 host.
Tech Edge: Slight to Oregon, based on recent trends.
WASHINGTON STATE at OREGON STATE (FS1, 10:30 p.m.)
- Rolovich WSU debut.
- If 'dog, note Rolo was only 8-14-1 in role past three years with Hawaii.
- WSU closed out Leach era on 4-11 spread skid.
- Beavs covered 9 of last 11 in 2019, note Smith 2-0 in rare chalk roles past two years.
Tech Edge: OSU and “over,” based on team and “totals” trends.
FRESNO STATE at UNLV (CBSSN, 3:30 p.m.)
- Big wins last two years for FSU.
- Bulldogs were on 2-9-1 spread skid until CSU win.
- FSU still 8-4-2 vs. line last 14 on MW trail.
- Rebs now on 7-13 spread skid as host at former home Sam Boyd Stadium or Allegiant Stadium after Nevada loss.
Tech Edge: Fresno State, based on team trends.
WASHINGTON at CAL (ESPN, 10:30 p.m.)
- Lake Huskies debut.
- Cal has won SU upsets past two years vs. U-Dub.
- If dog note Wilcox 16-7 in role past three years for Bears.
- Cal also on 20-7 “under” run entering 2020.
Tech Edge: Cal, especially if dog, and “under” based on team and “totals” trends.
APPALACHIAN STATE at TEXAS STATE (ESPN+, 3:00 p.m.)
- App only 1-5 vs. spread since late 2019, and has failed to cover 3 of last 4 in series.
- Bobcats 1-3-1 vs. line as Belt host since LY, also on 13-7 “under” run (though “over” last two).
Tech Edge: Slight to “under,” based on “totals” trends.
SOUTH FLORIDA at MEMPHIS (ESPN+, 12:00 p.m.)
- Tigers on 1-7 spread skid since late 2019, no covers last five as Liberty Bowl chalk.
Tech Edge: Slight to South Florida, based on recent Memphis trends.
KANSAS at OKLAHOMA (ESPN2, 3:30 p.m.)
- Les Miles is 0-5-1 vs. spread in 2020, 1-8-1 last ten vs. points since late 2019.
- Jayhawks however have covered last two vs. OU (big prices).
- Lincoln Riley, however, just 2-5 last seven as Norman Big 12 chalk.
Tech Edge: Slight to OU, based on Kansas negatives.
TEXAS TECH at TCU (FS1, 3:30 p.m.)
- Frogs on 5-16-1 spread skid as Fort Worth chalk.
- Red Raiders have covered 4 of last 5 in series.
Tech Edge: Texas Tech, based on team and series trends.
OKLAHOMA STATE at KANSAS STATE (FOX, 4:00 p.m.)
- Gundy on 13-5-1 spread run, though Klieman 8-3 as dog.
- K-State 23-8 in role since 2016 back to last three years of Snyder II era.
- Dog has covered 4 of last 5 meetings.
Tech Edge: slight to K-State, based on team and series trends.
WEST VIRGINIA at TEXAS (ABC, 12:00 p.m.)
- Home team is 5-0-1 vs. line in WVU games this season.
- Horns however only 2-6-1 last 9 as Austin Big 12 chalk.
- Texas “over” 13-6 last 19.
Tech Edge: Slight to “over” and West Virginia, based on ‘totals” and extended team trends.
NEBRASKA at NORTHWESTERN (Big Ten, 12:00 p.m.)
- Prior to Md win, Cats were 2-5 previous seven vs. spread at Evanston vs. Big 12.
- Road team has covered seven straight in this series!
Tech Edge: Nebraska, based on series road trends.
FLORIDA at GEORGIA (CBS, 3:30 p.m.)
- Game played at TIAA Bank Field in Jacksonville, Florida.
- Kirby Smart has won and covered last three in series though Dawgs just 2-3 vs. line last five as SEC host.
- Dan Mullen teams 19-10 last 29 as dog at MSU & Gators.
Tech Edge: Slight to Georgia, based on recent series trends.
UTSA at RICE (ESPN3, 3:30 p.m.)
- If Rice chalk here note 1-6 mark in role since 2017.
- Roadrunners have won outright last five meetings (3-2 vs. line in those).
- If UTSA dog note 9-2 spread mark last 11 in role.
Tech Edge: UTSA, especially if dog, based on series and team trends.
CHARLOTTE at MTSU (ESPN+, 3:30 p.m.)
- Charlotte has covered last two meetings and won outright LY at home.
- If MTSU chalk note 0-5 mark last five in role.
Tech Edge: Charlotte, especially if dog, based on team and recent series trends.
VANDERBILT at MISSISSIPPI STATE (SEC, 3:30 p.m.)
- Vandy on 4-13 spread skid but Leach on 5-15 spread skid since late in his WSU career.
- MSU 2-7 “under” run, Dores 6-10 “under” last 16.
Tech Edge: “Under,” based on “totals” trends.
ARKANSAS STATE at UL-LAFAYETTE (ESPNU, 12:00 p.m.)
- Cajuns have covered last 2 and 3 of last 4 meetings.
- Billy Napier on 18-11-2 spread uptick.
- ASU just 1-4 last five vs. line as Belt visitor.
Tech Edge: ULL, based on recent trends.
FIU at UTEP (ESPN3, 4:00 p.m.)
- UTEP surprising 4-2 vs. line after 10-25-1 mark vs. spread previous three years.
- Miners also covered this game vs. FIU in 2019.
- Butch Davis just 5-11 vs. line with FIU since LY.
Tech Edge: Slight to UTEP, based on recent trends.
NEW MEXICO at HAWAII (11:00 p.m.)
- For Rolovich, UH only 6-12 as Aloha Stadium chalk, and UH now 7-18 in role since 2014, back to the Norm Chow years.
- Lobos entered 2020 on 4-15 spread skid at end of Davie era, then lost and faield to cover opener at SJSU.
Tech Edge: Slight to New Mexico, based on extended trends.
WESTERN KENTUCKY at FLORIDA ATLANTIC (6:00 p.m.)
- WKU 0-7 vs. line in 2020, now on 0-8-1 spread skid since late 2019.
- FAU has won last three meetings (2-0-1 vs. line).
Tech Edge: FAU, based on team and series trends.
LA TECH at NORTH TEXAS (CBSSN, 7:00 p.m.)
- If Skip Holtz a dog, note 21-10-1 mark in role since he arrived at Ruston in 2014.
- Also 5-1 SU and vs. line against UNT since 2014.
- Mean Green 5-18 last 23 vs. line since mid-2018.
Tech Edge: La Tech, especially if dog, based on team and series trends.
TEXAS A&M at SOUTH CAROLINA (ESPN, 7:00 p.m.)
- Muschamp 3-1-1 as dog this season, 15-8-1 as dog since 2017.
- Though A&M has won and covered last two meetings.
Tech Edge: Slight to SC, based on extended dog marks.
CLEMSON at NOTRE DAME (NBC, 7:30 p.m.)
- Brian Kelly 10-6 as dog since 2014 and 1-1 vs. line against Clemson that span, including 2018 playoff loss at Cotton Bowl.
- Dabo 13-3-1 vs. spread last 17 away from Death Valley.
Tech Edge: Clemson, based on team trends.
TENNESSEE at ARKANSAS (SEC, 7:30 p.m.)
- Razorbacks 5-0 vs. line in 2020 for Pittman.
- Vols have lost and failed to cover three in a row after 8 game SU win streak.
- UT “under” 13-6 since late 2018 for Pruitt.
Tech Edge: Arkansas, based on recent trends.