Last Updated Jan 17, 2022, 12:22 AM
Arizona Cardinals vs. Los Angeles Rams Predictions, Picks, Odds
The Arizona Cardinals (11-6) and Los Angeles Rams (12-5) battle in the NFC wild-card game on Monday night at SoFi Stadium in Los Angeles. Kickoff is scheduled for 8:15 p.m. ET, and the game can be viewed on ESPN, ABC and ESPN+.
Rams 31, Cardinals 25
Rams -4 (-110) at BetMGM
Over 49.5 (-110) at BetMGM
ARIZONA CARDINALS VS. LOS ANGELES RAMS PREDICTIONS
These NFC West Division combatants square off for the third time this season. The Cardinals won 37-20 as 3.5-point underdogs against the Rams at this venue in Week 4 as the OVER (54) connected, while the Rams returned the favor in a Monday night game in Week 14 in a 30-23 win as a three-point underdog as the OVER (51) also cashed.
Arizona has posted a 1-4 SU/ATS mark in the final five games, squandering a big lead in the NFC West, as the Rams secured the division title and playoff home game. The offense showed some signs of life with 30 points in a loss to the Seattle Seahawks in Week 18, it's most prolific showing since Week 13 in Chicago. Unfortunately for the Cards, the 38 points allowed were a season high.
Los Angeles suffered a 27-24 overtime loss to the division rival 49ers in Week 18, but it finished 5-1 SU/4-2 ATS in the final six regular-season games to snatch the division title from the Cards. The Rams have scored 20 or more points in seven consecutive games.
ARIZONA CARDINALS VS. LOS ANGELES RAMS BETTING ODDS
ARIZONA CARDINALS VS. LOS ANGELES RAMS BETTING RESOURCES
- Matchup: NFC West
- Date: Monday, January 17, 2022
- Venue: SoFi Stadium
- Location: Inglewood, California
- TV-Time: ESPN/ABC - 8:15 p.m. ET
ARIZONA CARDINALS BETTING ANALYSIS
Straight Up - SU, Against the Spread - ATS, Over-Under (O/U)
- SU: 11-6
- ATS: 10-7
- O/U: 8-9
- ATS - Away: 8-1
The Cardinals frittered away a big lead in the NFC West to lose a home playoff game, but the way Arizona performed on the road this season, it might not be the end of the world. Arizona went 3-5 SU at home, while going 8-1 SU/ATS in nine games away from home.
The road success isn't a new thing, either, as Arizona has posted an 18-6-2 ATS mark in the past 26 games, while going 19-7-2 ATS in the previous 28 games as an underdog, too. They're just 1-4 ATS in the past five games, however, while going 3-8 ATS in the past 11 against teams with a winning overall record. They're also 2-8 ATS in the past 10 appearances on Mondays, including the home game with the Rams earlier this season, and Arizona is 0-4 ATS in the past four playoff games, too.
The UNDER has hit in 13 of the past 17 games on the road for the Cardinals, while going 7-3 in the past 10 as a road underdog, too. While the OVER is 6-1 in the past seven playoff games, while going 6-0 in the past six playoff games as an underdog. The playoff trends can be taken with a bit of a grain of salt, as its last appearance in the postseason was in 2015, ending in an NFC Championship Game loss at Carolina on Jan. 24, 2016.
LOS ANGELES RAMS BETTING ANALYSIS
Straight Up - SU, Against the Spread - ATS, Over-Under (O/U)
- SU: 12-5
- ATS: 8-9
- O/U: 9-7-1
- ATS - Home: 4-4
The Rams have faced the Cardinals once before in the playoffs, when the Cards were based in St. Louis. L.A. won 35-23 on that day in the NFC Divisional round on Dec. 27, 1975. It obviously has no bearing on anything in this game, it's just fun to look back sometimes.
Much more important to wagers for Monday, the Rams are just 3-7 ATS in the past 10 games as a favorite, while going 1-4 ATS in the past five playoff games as a favorite. The Rams are also 1-5 ATS in the past six against teams with a winning record.
For totals, the UNDER is 4-1 in the past five home games, while going 17-5 in the past 22 games as a home favorite. The UNDER is also 25-10-1 in the past 36 games as a favorite, too. The OVER is 7-2 in the past nine games against teams with a winning record.
L.A. has posted a 8-1-1 ATS in the past 10 games against Arizona, while going 3-1-1 ATS in the past five home games. The favorite is 8-2-1 ATS in the past 11 meetings, while the OVER has cashed in four of the past five in the series.
The Rams are 1-5 ATS in the past six games against teams with a winning record. (AP)
INSIDE THE STATS - ARIZONA CARDINALS
- Record: 11-6
- Division Standing: 4-2
- Points Scored: 449
- Points Allowed: 366
- PS/G: 26.4
- PA/G: 21.5
INSIDE THE STATS - LOS ANGELES RAMS
- Record: 12-5
- Division Standing: 3-3
- Points Scored: 460
- Points Allowed: 372
- PS/G: 27.1
- PA/G: 21.9
KEY PLAYERS TO WATCH
- ARI: James Conner - RB (239 total touches, 1,127 total yards, 18 total TDs)
- ARI: Kyler Murray - QB (333/481, 4,210 total yards, 29 total TDs, 10 INT)
- LAR: Cooper Kupp - WR (145 catches, 1,947 yards, 16 TD)
- LAR: Matthew Stafford - QB (404/601, 4,886 yards, 41 TD, 17 INT)
ARIZONA CARDINALS VS. LOS ANGELES RAMS BETTING CONCLUSION
The road team won each of the two regular-season meetings, and the road team is 5-2 SU across the past seven in this series. It makes very little sense, but that's how close both of these teams have been lately. It's quite a nice rivalry, and this will be another great chapter.
I think Los Angeles gets it done, however, on its home field. Yes, road teams have dominated lately. Yes, Arizona has been on fire in the regular season on the road. But QB Matthew Stafford has quite the cadre of skill position players at his disposal, WR Odell Beckham Jr. has re-emerged as a threat downfield, RB Cam Akers is back to give L.A. a solid three-headed monster in the backfield, and of course the defense is top notch, too. This is going to be a fun game, with a lot of scoring, before Los Angeles pulls away in the end to close out wild-card weekend.
ARIZONA CARDINALS VS. LOS ANGELES RAMS BETTING TRENDS
- Arizona is 1-4 ATS in the past five games overall.
- Arizona is 18-6-2 ATS in the past 26 road games.
- Arizona is 19-7-2 ATS in the past 28 games as an underdog.
- Arizona is 3-8 ATS in the past 11 games vs. winning teams.
- Arizona is 0-4 ATS in the past four playoff games.
- Los Angeles is 3-7 ATS in the past 10 games as a favorite.
- Los Angeles is 1-5 ATS in the past six games vs. winning teams.
- Los Angeles is 1-4 ATS in the past five playoff games as a favorite.
- The UNDER is 13-4 in the past 17 road games for Arizona.
- The UNDER is 7-3 in the past 10 as a road 'dog for Arizona.
- The UNDER is 8-1 in the past nine Monday games for Arizona.
- The UNDER is 4-1 in the past five home games for Los Angeles.
- The UNDER is 25-10-1 in the past 36 games as a favorite for Los Angeles.
- The UNDER is 17-5 in the past 22 as a home favorite for Los Angeles.
- The OVER is 7-2 in the past nine games vs. winning teams for Los Angeles.
- Arizona is 1-8-1 ATS in the past 10 meetings with Los Angeles.
- Arizona is 1-3-1 ATS in the past five trips to Los Angeles.
- The favorite is 8-2-1 ATS in the past 11 meetings.
- The OVER is 4-1 in the past five meetings.