Last Updated Mar 18, 2022, 19:21 PM
Miami Hurricanes vs. USC Trojans Picks, Predictions, Odds
Sports Betting Expert
The Miami Hurricanes (23-10) of the Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC) will meet the Southern California Trojans (26-7) of the Pac-12 Conference in first-round action in the NCAA Tournament. Tip-off is scheduled for approximately 3:10 p.m. ET at Bon Secours Wellness Arena in Greenville, S.C., and the game can be viewed on truTV.
USC 73, Miami-Florida 70
USC -122 ML
Over 139.5 (-109)
MARCH MADNESS BETTING RESOURCES
- 68 Team Betting Trends
- How to Bet on March Madness
- NCAA Tournament Sleeper Teams
- NCAA Tournament Contenders to Fade
- NCAA Tournament Contenders to Back
- NCAA Tournament Most Outstanding Player Picks
- NCAA Tournament Efficiency Ratings
- Where to Bet on the NCAA Tournament?
MIAMI HURRICANES vs. USC TROJANS PREDICTIONS
The Hurricanes of Miami put up a strong fight against Duke in the ACC quarterfinals before falling 80-76. The U was able to cover the 8.5-point number, and it hit the OVER for the second time in as many ACC Tournament games. In fact, Miami has scored 70 or more points in 10 consecutive games heading into this NCAA Tournament, cashing the OVER in six of the past seven outings overall.
The Trojans of USC had attained the highest ranking in school history in The Associated Press' Top 25, sitting at No. 5 at one point this season. USC was cooled off by Stanford at home, losing outright as a 10.5-point favorite on Jan. 2, and it went on to lose at Arizona on Feb. 5, too. The Trojans also lost a pair of games to close out the regular season against Arizona and at UCLA, although there's not a lot of shame losing to a pair of teams which had also spent time in the Top 5.
MIAMI HURRICANES vs. USC TROJANS BETTING ODDS
MIAMI HURRICANES vs. USC TROJANS BETTING RESOURCES
- Date: Friday, March 18, 2022
- Matchup: No. 10 vs. No. 7
- Region: Midwest
- Venue: Bon Secours Wellness Arena
- Location: Greenville, S.C.
- TV-Time: truTV - 3:10 p.m. ET
- Viewable Brackets & Odds
- Team Trends & NCAA Records
- March Madness History
- East Region Breakdown
- Midwest Region Breakdown
- South Region Breakdown
- West Region Breakdown
MIAMI HURRICANES BETTING ANALYSIS
Straight Up - SU, Against the Spread - ATS, Over-Under (O/U)
- SU: 23-10
- ATS: 18-14-1
- O/U: 20-13
While the Hurricanes blow into the NCAA Tournament as a 10-seed, and their presence might be a bit surprising to the casual fan, Miami had a pretty solid season. Miami scored a win at Cameron Indoor Stadium against Duke on Jan. 8 in Durham, and the Hurricanes waffled North Carolina 85-57 to easily cash as a 2-point 'dog in Coral Gables on Jan. 18. Miami also scored a win at Virginia Tech on Jan. 26, topping the eventual ACC Tournament champ in their barn. But Miami also had some lapses, too, getting swept by an NIT-bound Virginia side, while also losing a pair to a mediocre Florida State team.
Miami failed to cover last time out, but has had consecutive non-covers just once since Dec. 20. Since a win at home against NC State on Dec. 29, Miami has posted a stellar 14-6-1 ATS mark across the past 21 games overall.
The Hurricanes are also 22-8-1 ATS in the past 31 games as an underdog, while going 5-1 ATS in the past six neutral-site battles as a 'dog. They're 1-6 ATS in the past seven NCAA Tournament games, treating games in the Big Dance like the school's football team performs in bowl games.
For totals, the OVER is 6-1 in the past seven overall for Miami, while going 5-0 to the OVER in the past five following a straight-up loss. The OVER is also 13-3 in the past 16 neutral-site games, and 11-3 in the previous 14 trips to the Big Dance.
USC TROJANS BETTING ANALYSIS
Straight Up - SU, Against the Spread - ATS, Over-Under (O/U)
- SU: 26-7
- ATS: 15-18
- O/U: 15-17-1
USC returned to the NCAA Tournament last season for the first time since 2017, and it advanced all the way to the Elite Eight, its deepest run since also being elite in 2001. USC was tagged 85-56 by Gonzaga in the Elite Eight, but it was a nice run as a 6-seed. It picked up wins over Drake, Kansas and Oregon, and it looks for a similar long run in 2022.
USC has managed to go just 2-6 ATS in the past eight games overall, while going 2-5 ATS in the past seven against winning teams, and 0-8 ATS in the past eight as a favorite. It hopes a trip to the Big Dance snaps them on track against the number, as USC is 7-1 ATS in the past eight NCAA Tournament games, and 4-0 in the tourney as a favorite in the past four.
On totals, USC has cashed the UNDER in six consecutive neutral-site games, while going 4-1-1 to the UNDER in the past six neutral-site games as a favorite. The UNDER is also 5-2-1 in the past eight following a non-cover for the Trojans.
INSIDE THE STATS - MIAMI HURRICANES
- Record: 23-10
- PS/G: 74.8 (77th)
- PA/G: 71.0 (232nd)
INSIDE THE STATS - USC TROJANS
- Record: 26-7
- PS/G: 72.6 (139th)
- PA/G: 65.9 (80th)
KEY PLAYERS TO WATCH
- UM: Kameron McGusty - G (17.5 PPG, 4.8 RPG, 2.5 APG, 1.8 SPG, 47.4 FG%)
- UM: Isaiah Wong - G (15.5 PPG, 4.3 RPG, 1.9 APG, 46.3 FG%)
- USC: Boogie Ellis - G (12.2 PPG, 3.2 RPG, 2.6 APG, 35.9 3P%)
- USC: Isaiah Mobley - F (14.6 PPG, 8.5 RPG, 3.1 APG, 37.6 3P%)
MIAMI HURRICANES vs. USC TROJANS BETTING CONCLUSION
This is going to be a hotly contested game in Greenville, opening up an exciting day of action on Friday after what is sure to be a beatdown between Jacksonville State and Auburn in the earlier game on this floor. In fact, this has the chance to be the game of the day, with two very evenly matched teams.
Miami is just a tad less consistent than USC, who has a Big Three. When the Trojans are on, they can beat anybody in the nation. This team proved their legit with a ride to the Eight Elite last season, and an impressive 13-0 start to this season, including a win over NCAA Tournament team San Diego State. It won't be easy, and USC is worth playing on the money line rather than laying a point and a half even. That's how close this one could be. Also, make sure to play the OVER lightly, as this one should get over the finish line with some late free throws.
MARCH MADNESS PICK RESOURCES
MIAMI HURRICANES vs. USC TROJANS BETTING TRENDS
- Miami is 4-1-1 ATS in the past six games overall.
- Miami is 22-8-1 ATS in the past 31 as an underdog.
- Miami is 7-1 ATS in the past eight games after a SU loss.
- Miami is 1-6 ATS in the past seven NCAA Tournament games.
- USC is 2-6 ATS in the past eight games overall.
- USC is 0-8 ATS in the past eight as a favorite.
- USC is 2-5 ATS in the past seven vs. winning teams.
- USC is 7-1 ATS in the past eight NCAA Tournament games.
- USC is 4-0 ATS in the past four as a favorite in the NCAA Tournament.
- The OVER is 6-1 in Miami's past seven games overall.
- The OVER is 11-3 in Miami's past 14 NCAA Tournament games.
- The OVER is 13-3 in Miami's past 16 neutral-site games.
- The UNDER is 6-0 in USC's past six neutral-site games.