Last Updated Mar 19, 2022, 21:31 PM
Texas Tech Red Raiders vs. Notre Dame Fighting Irish Picks, Predictions, Odds
Sports Betting Expert
The Texas Tech Red Raiders (26-9) of the Big 12 Conference will meet the Notre Dame Fighting Irish (24-10) of the Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC) in second-round action in the NCAA Tournament. Tip-off is scheduled for Sunday at 7:10 p.m. ET at Viejas Arena in San Diego, Calif., and the game can be viewed on TBS.
Texas Tech 67, Notre Dame 62
Notre Dame +8 (-110)
Under 132.5 (-110)
MARCH MADNESS BETTING RESOURCES
- How to Bet on March Madness
- NCAA Tournament Sleeper Teams
- NCAA Tournament Contenders to Fade
- NCAA Tournament Contenders to Back
- NCAA Tournament Most Outstanding Player Picks
- NCAA Tournament Efficiency Ratings
- Where to Bet on the NCAA Tournament?
TEXAS TECH RED RAIDERS vs. NOTRE DAME FIGHTING IRISH PREDICTIONS
The Red Raiders weren't in the mood for a potential 3-14 upset in the opening game. Texas Tech pounded Montana State of the Big Sky Conference by a 97-62 score, easily covering a 14.5-point number as the OVER also cashed rather comfortably.
Texas Tech fired out to a 52-25 lead at halftime, and never let up in the second half. The Red Raiders shot a ridiculous 67% (36-of-54) from the field, including an amazing 60% (12-of-20) from behind the 3-point line, as the Bobcats of MSU never had a chance. Texas Tech also had a plus-10 rebounding margin. If there was an area of concern, it was a 68% (13-of-19) mark from the free-throw line. Kevin Obanor went for a double-double, scoring 10 points with 11 rebounds, and six different players had 10 or more points.
Notre Dame was sent to the play-in game Wednesday, topping Rutgers in double-overtime. They weren't tired against Alabama on Friday after a cross-country trip, however. The Fighting Irish fought off the Crimson Tide for an impressive 78-64 win, shooting 54% (29-of-54) from the field, including 62% (10-of-16) from behind the arc. The Irish were far from perfect, however, turning it over 18 times, while getting outrebounded by one.
TEXAS TECH RED RAIDERS vs. NOTRE DAME FIGHTING IRISH BETTING ODDS
TEXAS TECH RED RAIDERS vs. NOTRE DAME FIGHTING IRISH BETTING RESOURCES
- Date: Sunday, March 20, 2022
- Matchup: No. 3 vs. No. 11
- Region: West
- Venue: Viejas Arena
- Location: San Diego, Calif.
- TV-Time: TBS - 7:10 p.m. ET
- Viewable Brackets & Odds
- Team Trends & NCAA Records
- March Madness History
- East Region Breakdown
- Midwest Region Breakdown
- South Region Breakdown
- West Region Breakdown
TEXAS TECH RED RAIDERS BETTING ANALYSIS
Straight Up - SU, Against the Spread - ATS, Over-Under (O/U)
- SU: 26-9
- ATS: 22-13
- O/U: 17-18
The Red Raiders snapped a two-game mini skid against the spread with its dominant showing and cover against Montana State. Still, Texas Tech is just 2-5 ATS across the past seven games overall after a 14-2 ATS run from Jan. 5-Feb. 22.
The Red Raiders have struggled against the number lately, and they're 3-8 ATS in the past 11 neutral-site games as favorite. However, Texas Tech is an impressive 17-5 ATS in the past 22 games against winning teams, while going 7-2 ATS in the past nine NCAA Tournament games. They're also 5-1 ATS in the past six NCAA Tournament games when favored.
The Under is 7-3 in the past 10 NCAA Tournament games, while going 7-3 in the past 10 neutral-site games, too. In addition, the UNDER is 4-1 in the past five tournament games when favored.
NOTRE DAME FIGHTING IRISH BETTING ANALYSIS
Straight Up - SU, Against the Spread - ATS, Over-Under (O/U)
- SU: 24-10
- ATS: 18-15
- O/U: 17-14-2
The Fighting Irish fell 87-80 in their first ACC Tournament game against eventual champ Virginia Tech. However, Notre Dame has picked up wins and covers in each of its two NCAA Tournament games so far, averaging 83.5 PPG while allowing 75.5 PPG. The OVER is 2-1 in the postseason, and 8-1-1 in the past 10 games overall for the Irish.
While Notre Dame has been hot against the number this week, the Irish are just 3-7 ATS in the past 10 neutral-site games, while going 1-5 ATS in the past six neutral-site games as an underdog.
For totals, the OVER is 7-3 in the past 10 neutral-site games, while going 6-1 in the past seven following a straight-up win, and 5-1 in the past six following a cover. However, the UNDER is 18-7-1 in the past 26 NCAA Tournament games, including the win over Bama.
INSIDE THE STATS - TEXAS TECH RED RAIDERS
- Record: 26-9
- PS/G: 72.4 (144th)
- PA/G: 60.4 (11th)
INSIDE THE STATS - NOTRE DAME FIGHTING IRISHS
- Record: 24-10
- PS/G: 73.1 (120th)
- PA/G: 67.4 (127th)
KEY PLAYERS TO WATCH
- TTU: Terrence Shannon Jr. - G (10.4 PPG, 2.9 RPG, 2.1 APG, 80.7 FT%)
- TTU: Bryson Williams - F (14.0 PPG, 4.3 RPG, 1.0 APG, 54.4 FG%, 42.7 3P%)
- ND: Paul Atkinson, Jr. - F (12.6 PPG, 7.1 RPG, 1.6 APG, 58.1 FG%)
- ND: Dane Goodwin - G (14.0 PPG, 4.8 RPG, 1.3 APG, 49.8 FG%, 44.8 3P%, 88.5 FT%)
TEXAS TECH RED RAIDERS vs. NOTRE DAME FIGHTING IRISH BETTING CONCLUSION
Texas Tech dominated Montana State in the opener, but that's not terribly impressive or unimpressive. It's what a good team should do, and the Red Raiders are a very good team. In fact, in my unofficial bracket, I actually picked the Red Raiders to go all the way to the Final Four before bowing out. I am not going to lie, either. I had Notre Dame in this very same spot on my bracket, as I didn't trust Alabama at all. The Crimson Tide was a sub-.500 team across the past two months, so it was no surprise to see the Irish win. That being said, Notre Dame isn't going to be UCLA or VCU, running from the play-in game deep into the tournament. It's run ends on Sunday.
Look for Texas Tech to get the win in a lower-scoring game, with Notre Dame at least able to keep it within four buckets. But the Red Raiders will be moving on to the Sweet Sixteen. Bank on that.
MARCH MADNESS PICK RESOURCES
TEXAS TECH RED RAIDERS vs. NOTRE DAME FIGHTING IRISH BETTING TRENDS
- Texas Tech is 2-5 ATS in the past seven games overall.
- Texas Tech is 7-2 ATS in the past nine NCAA Tournament games.
- Texas Tech is 5-1 ATS in the past six NCAA Tournament games as a favorite.
- Texas Tech is 17-5 ATS in the past 22 games vs. winning teams.
- Texas Tech is 3-8 ATS in the past 11 neutral-site games as a favorite.
- Notre Dame is 6-2 ATS in the past eight games overall.
- Notre Dame is 5-1 ATS in the past six as an underdog.
- Notre Dame is 10-3 ATS in the past 13 vs. winning teams.
- Notre Dame is 3-7 ATS in the past 10 neutral-site games.
- The UNDER is 7-3 in the past 10 NCAA Tournament games for Texas Tech.
- The UNDER is 4-1 in the past five NCAA Tournament games for Texas Tech as a favorite.
- The OVER is 8-1-1 in the past 10 games overall for Notre Dame.
- The UNDER is 18-7-1 in the past 26 NCAA Tournament games for Notre Dame.