Last Updated Nov 26, 2022, 7:54 PM
College Football Betting Trends - Week 13
US Sports Betting Industry Expert
Betting expert and handicapper Bruce Marshall breaks down the top trends for the entire Week 13 College Football slate. Check them out below and be sure to visit our NCAAFB picks page for expert selections on games this week!
Thursday, November 24
Mississippi State vs. Ole Miss
- Egg Bowl!
- Road team has covered last seven Egg Bowls.
- Rebs no covers last five as home chalk, Kiffin also 8-1 “under” last nine at Vaught-Hemingway.
- Leach no covers last four this season vs. FBS-level foes.
Tech Play: Mississippi State, Under
Friday, November 25
Tulane vs. Cincinnati
- Willie Fritz yet to beat Bearcats in three tries but did cover against Cincy last season.
- After SMU romp, Greenies on 13-3 spread uptick since late 2021.
- Cincy no covers five of last six this season.
Tech Play: Tulane
Toledo vs. Western Michigan
- Home team has won and covered last three years in series.
- But Broncos have failed to cover their last six at Kalamazoo against FBS-level opposition.
- Rockets no covers last four in 2022, and WMU 8-3 “under” in 2022.
Tech Play: Toledo, Under
Utah State vs. Boise State
- Broncos have covered last five (many of them thumpers) and won last six meetings in series.
- Utags just 4-7 vs. spread in 2022 and 1-4 vs. number on road.
- Boise has covered 5 of last 7 this season.
Tech Play: Boise State, Under
Central Michigan vs. Eastern Michigan
- McElwain 3-0 SU and vs. line against EMU since joining Chips in 2019.
- Eagles 1-9 last 10 as chalk, also “under” last four following Kent State result.
Tech Play: Central Michigan, Under
Baylor vs. Texas
- Home team has won and covered last three meetings.
- Bears however have covers their last eight as a dog, 4-1 vs. spread last five as Big 12 visitor, also “over” 7-3-1 this season.
- Steve Sarkisian did beat KU last week but UT 1-3 last four as chalk in 2022.
Tech Play: Baylor
Arizona State vs. Arizona
- While Herm Edwards was still with Sun Devils he owned Cats, winning and covering big last three seasons, and four straight wins (ASU has now won last five in series).
- Sun Devils however no covers last four season.
- UA had covered 3 of last 4 at home this season and Jedd Fisch was 10-6 vs. spread previous last 16 on board before WSU loss last week.
Tech Play: Arizona
New Mexico vs. Colorado State
- Eleven straight wins for Rams in this series, 8-1 vs. spread last nine meetings.
- During Bob Davie era, CSU was the one team he couldn’t handle.
- Lobos now no wins or covers last six this season after SDSU loss, 4-18 vs. spread since last season.
- CSU “under” 10-1 in 2022 for Jay Norvell.
Tech Play: Colorado State, Under
Arkansas vs. Missouri
- Razorbacks have covered last three meetings.
- Sam Pittman Arkansas teams 7-3-1 vs. spread as visitor since 2020.
- Mizzou “under” 11-3 since late 2021.
Tech Play: Arkansas, Under
N.C. State vs. North Carolina
- Mack Brown has covered all three vs. Wolfpack since returning to Chapel Hill in 2019, though lost a close outright decision a year ago at Raleigh.
- NCS only 3-8 vs. spread this season and 0-4 vs. line away.
Tech Play: UNC
Nebraska vs. Iowa
- Hawkeyes have won last seven meetings though Huskers have covered three of last four.
- Iowa on upswing with four wins and covers in a row in late season, also “under” 8-3 in 2022.
- Nebraska 1-3 vs. line away from Lincoln, 2-3 as dog, also “under” 8-3 this season.
Tech Play: Iowa, Under
UCLA vs. California
- Chip Kelly has won and covered last two and three of last four vs. Bears since taking over Bruins in 2018.
- UCLA 12-4 “”over” since late 2021 though last nine “under” in this series.
- Cal 3-3 as dog this season though Justin Wilcox 25-11 in role since taking over in Berkeley.
Tech Play: UCLA, Under
Florida vs. Florida State
- Noles won and covered this matchup last season, didn’t meet in Covid 2020.
- FSU has won and covered last four this season, 8-2 vs. line last ten in 2022.
- Before last week's loss at Vandy, the Gators had won and covered last three this season and were 3-0 vs. spread away from Gainesville.
Tech Play: Florida
Wyoming vs. Fresno State
- Bulldogs have won and covered last three meetings dating to 2017.
- Wyo's Craig Bohl 7-2 last nine as dog since late 2021 after last week's cover vs. Boise, while FSU's Jeff Tedford “over” last five this season.
Tech Play: Fresno State, Over
Saturday, November 26
Old Dominion vs. South Alabama
- Monarchs fading this season, 1-4 vs. line last five, 3-7 vs. line after opening win vs. VPI.
- Also “under” last five in 2022. Jags 8-3 vs. spread this season for Kane Wommack.
Tech Play: South Alabama, Under
West Virginia vs. Oklahoma State
- Cowboys have won and covered last seven meetings.
- Mounties no covers last five on Big 12 road. Gundy 8-2-1 vs. spread last 11 at Stillwater.
Tech Play: Oklahoma State
Coastal Carolina vs. James Madison
- Chants only 5-11 vs. spread since mid 2021 despite 14-2 SU mark in those games!
- Dukes only 1-4 vs. spread last fiver this season after breaking 5-0 vs. line.
Tech Play: James Madison
Western Kentucky vs. Florida Atlantic
- Tops have covered last two meetings.
- WKU “under” 6-1 last seven this season, also 5-1 vs. spread away in 2022.
- Tops 8-12 vs. line last nine away from Bowling Green, and Taggart “under” 22-10 since arriving at FAU in 2020.
Tech Play: Western Kentucky, Under
Rutgers vs. Maryland
- Road team has covered last three meetings.
- Greg Schiano 10-4-1 vs. spread as visitor since taking over Scarlet Knights (though just 4-4-1 last nine).
- Mike Locksley 3-19 vs. line in second halves of reg season since taking over Terps, including last week's spread cover vs. Ohio State.
Tech Play: Rutgers
New Mexico State vs. Liberty
- Jerry Kill 5-5 vs. line with Ags this season, also “under” 6-4 in 2022.
- Hugh Freeze 1-7 last seven as reg season chalk.
- Tech edge-slight to New Mexico State, based on team trends.
Tech Play: New Mexico State
Georgia Tech vs. Georgia
- At one point GT was covering numbers consistently at Athens when series was more road-oriented, but that now only applies to Bulldogs, who haven’t dropped spread verdict at Grant Field since 1997, and last four in series.
- Jackets actually 5-2-1 vs. spread last eight ‘tween the hedges though haven’t won or covered in Athens since 2016.
- Tech is 4-1 vs. spread away this season, Dawgs have covered three of last four at home.
- UGa also “under” 11-3 since late 2021.
- Tech edge-slight to Georgia and “under,” based on recent series and “totals” trends.
Tech Play: Georgia, Under
South Carolina vs. Clemson
- Dabo Swinney has won last seven meetings, covered big in four of last five.
- After UT upset last week, Gamecocks 3-3 as dog this season, and still around .500 vs. line in most categories for Shane Beamer.
- Dabo 11-6 spread run since late 2021.
Tech Play: Clemson
Georgia State vs. Marshall
- Panthers on 11-7 “under” run since mid 2021
- Herd on 13-4 “under” run since late 2021, also 1-3 vs. spread as host this season.
Tech Play: Under
Michigan vs. Ohio State
- Jim Harbaugh beat Buckeyes for first time last season since becoming Wolverines coach in 2015, though he is 3-3 vs. spread against OSU.
- Prior to year ago, last Michigan series win was in 2011.
- Wolverines 6-2 vs. spread last eight as visitor, also “under” 9-2-1 since late 2021.
- But last eight “over” in series.
- Buckeyes 4-0-1 vs. line last five at Big Horseshoe this season, also “over” 8-1 last nine.
Tech Play: Over
Army vs. Massachusetts
- Ugh! UMass covered this game last year but was hammered by Army in 2019.
- Black Knights have covered last four this season, also “under” 4-3 last seven
- Minutemen 4-8 vs. line last twelve away, also on 10-4 “under” run since late 2021.
Tech Play: Army, Under
East Carolina vs. Temple
- Pirates have won and covered big the last two years.
- Even after Houston loss, ECU on 13-6 spread uptick since mid 2021.
- Note Owls are 5-0 vs. spread at Linc in debut season for Stan Drayton.
Tech Play: Temple
Kent State vs. Buffalo
- Ugh! Last four and five of last six “over” in what has been a wild series lately, with 86 points last season and a whopping 111 scored in 2020!
- Golden Flashes on 1-6 spread skid after loss to EMU, also “under” 8-3 this season.
- Bulls had wins and covers in five straight this season before dropping last two.
- UB also “over” 6-3 last nine in 2022.
Tech Play: Buffalo, Over
Akron vs. Northern Illinois
- Teams haven’t met since 2019, when Huskies rolled 49-0.
- Joe Moorhead actually 4-2-1 vs. spread last seven this season for Zips, and NIU 0-5 vs. spread at DeKalb in 2022.
Tech Play: Akron
Rice vs. North Texas
- Mean Green has won and covered last two meetings, last three in series “under” as well.
- Though Rice “over” 12-3 since late 2021 UNT recent six-game spread win streak was snapped at UAB.
Tech Play: North Texas, Over
Louisville vs. Kentucky
- Mark Stoops has won and covered real big last three vs. Cards.
- ‘Ville 5-1 vs. spread last six this season, Cats “under” 10-1 since late 2021.
Tech Play: Kentucky, Under
Troy vs. Arkansas State
- Teams didn’t meet last season, split games 2019-20.
- Troy 8-3 vs. spread this season in Sumrall debut, also 5-0 vs. line away, and “under” 7-4.
- Red Wolves no covers last three at home this season and just 2-4 vs. spread last six overall for Butch Jones in 2022.
Tech Play: Troy, Under
UAB vs. Louisiana Tech
- La Tech covered last three meetings but that was all with Skip Holtz, last two “over” as well.
- Blazers just 1-5 vs. spread last five this season, Bulldogs “over” 11-3 since late 2021.
Tech Play: Over
UTEP vs. UTSA
- Roadrunners have won last five in series, covering last three and four of those five.
- Miners just 4-7 vs. spread this season, 1-4 vs. spread as visitor.
Tech Play: UTSA
Hawaii vs. San Jose State
- Spartans have covered four of last five meetings.
- Though SJSU 0-5 vs. spread last five this season, “under” 7-4 since late 2021.
- Rainbow Warriors 3-2 vs. spread on mainland in 2022.
Tech Play: Hawaii
Minnesota vs. Wisconsin
- Paul Bunyan Axe! Slab of Bacon! PJ Fleck won this game outright last season and has covered last two for the Axe.
- Gophers on 9-3-1 “under” run since late 2021, though Fleck hasn’t covered last three on Big Ten road this season.
- Jim Leonhard has covered last two at Camp Randall this season though Badgers an unremarkable 3-5 vs. line last eight this season.
- Wiscy was “over” six straight prior to “unders” last three.
Tech Play: Under
Memphis vs. SMU
- Tigers 7-1 SU last eight meetings.
- Memphis 2-2 vs. line away this season, breaking what had been an away hex vs. spread for Ryan Silverfield.
- Tigers 10-2 “over” since late 2021.
- Ponies had covered four straight prior to Tulane loss, also just 2-4 last six vs. spread in Dallas.
Tech Play: Memphis, Over
Purdue vs. Indiana
- Old Oaken Bucket!
- Boilermakers have covered last five meetings, no game in Covid 2020.
- Brohm 3-2 vs. spread, 4-1 “over” away this season.
- Hoosiers 4-7 vs. spread in 2022, 6-18 vs. line since late 2020 campaign.
Tech Play: Purdue
Auburn vs. Alabama
- Iron Bowl!
- Tigers have fared better lately at Jordan-Hare in Iron Bowls than Tuscaloosa, where they last won in 2010 with Cam Newton.
- Auburn 0-5 SU and vs. line since 2012 at Bryant-Denny Stadium.
- Nick Saban only 5-6 vs. spread this season but worse on road, just 1-4 vs. line, compared to 4-2 vs. spread as host.
- Auburn has covered first three for interim Cadillac Williams.
Tech Play: Alabama
Oregon vs. Oregon State
- They used to call this the Civil War!
- Beavs did win in 2020 for first time since 2016.
- Ducks 8-3 vs. spread in 2022 but only 3-2 vs. line away from Eugene.
- Beavs have won and covered five of last six in 2022, and nine of eleven overall, and at home in Corvallis or Portland (for Montana State back in Sept) are 6-0 vs. spread this season, and 12-0 since last season!
Tech Play: Oregon State
Illinois vs. Northwestern
- Cats have won six of last seven meetings but the loss came against Bret Bielema a year ago in 47-14 Illini beatdown.
- “Over” 4-1 last five meetings.
- NU 5-9 last 14 vs. number since late 2021, Pat Fitz 1-6 vs. spread last seven at Evanston.
- Bielema 7-1 vs. spread last eight as visitor, also “under” 15-6-1 since arriving at Champaign-Urbana last season.
Tech Play: Illinois, Under
Wake Forest vs. Duke
- Deacs have won and covered last three meetings (all vs. Cutcliffe), though no game in Covid 2020.
- Dave Clawson 1-3 last four this season after 6-1 spread mark out of gate in 2022.
- Wake also “under” 5-2 last seven in 2022.
- Mike Elko 4-1 vs. spread as dog in debut season with Blue Devils, also 4-0 vs. number against FBS foes at Wallace Wade Stadium.
- Tech edge- slight to Wake Forest and “under,” based on series and “totals” trends.
Tech Play: Wake Forest, Under
Michigan State vs. Penn State
- Teams have split last four meetings SU and vs. spread. Mel Tucker 1-2-1 vs. spread away this season.
- Tucker “under” 7-5 since late 2021.
- James Franklin has won and covered last five this season, Nittany Lions also “over” 8-3 in 2022, last two “over” in series.
Tech Play: Penn State, Over