Esports in Washington | November 2023
Updated on : 11/29/2023
Esports is the betting avenue that is gaining popularity in the sports wagering market, and many wonder about esports Washington. Many states have legalized sports betting, but fewer states have jumped on the esports wagon. Now that esports are gaining traction in the betting world, it is the right time to learn more about this exciting new practice.
- How to Sign up with Esports Sites in Washington
- Esports Washington Pros and Cons
- Is Betting on Esports in Washington Safe?
- Esports Washington Leagues and Markets
- Payment Options
- Customer Service
- Esports Washington FAQ
- Final Thoughts on Esports in Washington
Washington has only recently launched sports betting this year, in 2021, right before the NFL season. The practice of sports betting was signed into law back in early 2020 and it took months for the foundation to be built in the state. However, at this time, it is only legal to place sports bets at one of the Evergreen State’s tribal casinos.
HOW TO SIGN UP WITH ESPORTS SITES IN WASHINGTON
As of right now, online sports betting has not yet been legalized in the state of Washington. However, the hope is that online wagering will come to the state some time soon. So, if you are caught in a Seattle rainstorm, hopefully you will be able to engage in esports betting in Washington in the near future.
Here are the steps you should follow to create an online sports betting account when it is legal in the state:
- Navigate to the online sports betting site or mobile betting app that you want to sign up for. Next, click on a button to initiate the registration process, this should read “Join Now” or “Sign Up.”
- You may have the chance to enter in a bonus code to redeem a welcome bonus from the sportsbook operator. Or, you could be asked to opt in to a welcome bonus offer. Make sure to do this properly so that you can enjoy the benefits of the bonus.
- You may need to click on the link that has been sent off to your provided email address to verify your sportsbook account. Make sure to click on the link in order to verify the new account.
- At last, your account should be created, verified, and yours. The final thing you will need to do is to deposit money into this sportsbook account so that you can place your bets. Once you have funded the account, you should be good to go!
ESPORTS WASHINGTON PROS AND CONS
If you are hoping to be able to bet on esports in Washington sometime soon, you may be wondering what that entails. And, this means looking into the positive and negative aspects of esports betting in the state. So, we have gathered some of the pros and cons here for you to peruse and ponder.
- In Washington, it is legal to bet on esports at tribal casinos as well as to bet on sports. Washington residents can place both kinds of bets at the same time during their casino visits.
- Because Washington has a newer sports betting market, it can only grow and get better from here, meaning even more esports betting opportunities.
- Many states do not explicitly allow for esports betting at this time, but Washington does.
- Online sports betting is not yet legal in the state of Washington from remote locations. This is because sports betting is only legal at tribal casinos in the state at this time.
- Esports betting is completely different from sports betting, so those who are interested will have to learn all about the esports world.
- Mobile sports betting is also not yet legal from remote locations in Washington. So, users will not be able to use online betting apps to place their esports bets at this time.
IS BETTING ON ESPORTS IN WASHINGTON SAFE?
Many prospective bettors are wary of taking the plunge because they are worried about safety issues. However, Washington has especially safe and secure betting practices as customers can only bet at tribal casino locations. The tribal casinos are regulated and operate legally, so you can rest assured that it is safe to bet.
ESPORTS WASHINGTON LEAGUES AND MARKETS
If you are going to dive into the esports Washington betting game, you will need to know about the esports games that have emerged as the most popular. The esports leagues you will be betting on will be important to learn the ins and outs of. And, the types of bets that you can place will also be especially important for you. We are going to explore both of these things now.
There are definitely some esports games that you will need to know if you are going to get into esports betting. These games are Dota 2, Valorant, League of Legends (League), Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (CS:GO), and there is also a market for games like Fortnite. These are some of the largest markets when it comes to esports betting and the most popular leagues.
Now, the types of bets that you can place on esports could look familiar if you are already a sports betting fan. Some of these bets will include totals betting, betting on the points that could be accrued in a match. You can also find moneyline bets, which are outright win bets, bets on the ultimate winner of a match. In addition, you will probably also see some prop bets, bets you can place on events that occur during a match that do not have a bearing on the winner of the match. And, you could also find more esports specific bets, of course, too.
When you are able to bet online in Washington state, you will need to be able to fund your online sports betting accounts. Many online sportsbooks use the same payment methods to make sure all of their financial bases are covered. Here is a list of some of the most popular online sportsbook payment methods that you will find:
- Credit Card (Visa, Mastercard)
- Debit Card (Visa, Mastercard)
- Online Banking
- PayPal (eWallet)
- Wire Transfer
- ACH Transfer (eCheck)
If you are worried about running into problems when you are eventually able to engage in online sports betting in Washington, you need not worry. The best online sports betting sites have multiple choices for customer service help for their customers. For instance, most online sports betting sites have a frequently asked questions section or a help center where users can read articles about common problems.
If a user has an issue that has not already been resolved in the articles, they may need to speak with a customer service agent directly. Luckily, most online sportsbooks have multiple ways for users to do just this. Here are some of the most common ways to speak to customer service representatives:
- Using a phone number. This may have limited hours, however.
- Using email. This could be through an email address or through a form on the website itself.
- Using live chat. This is most likely going to be the quickest and simplest way to speak to a customer service rep.
ESPORTS WASHINGTON FAQ
You should hopefully have all of the information that you need to jump into esports Washington betting. But, you could still have a few things you are not so sure about just yet. This frequently asked questions section should help to alleviate any worries you have about esports betting.
HOW LONG HAS ESPORTS BETTING BEEN AVAILABLE IN WASHINGTON?
Sports betting in general was first legalized in 2020. But, sports betting did not launch in the state until recently, in 2021, right before the NFL season.
WHAT ESPORTS CAN I BET ON IN WA?
You should be able to bet on the most popular games in the esports world. These are Dota 2, Valorant, League of Legends (League), Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (CS:GO), plus games like Fortnite are typically available.
WHO CAN BET ON ESPORTS IN WASHINGTON?
Those who are legally able to engage in gambling in the state of Washington can bet on esports. The legal gambling age is 18-years-old or over.
FINAL THOUGHTS ON ESPORTS IN WASHINGTON
Washington has not embraced legal sports betting to the extent that other states have. But, even without online sports betting or mobile online betting, the sports betting market in the state is strong. So, you may see the esports betting market in the state grow as well as things progress. Keep doing your own research to learn more and check back for the latest information as updates happen.
- ESPORTS MAR 28, 2022
Luckbox Looking to Bring Esports Betting to US & Canada
- ESPORTS MAR 17, 2022
HypeX Review November 2023
- ESPORTS JUL 9, 2021
- ESPORTS DEC 28, 2021
Rivalry Esports November 2023
- ESPORTS DEC 28, 2021
LANDuel Peer-To-Peer Esports Betting
- ESPORTS DEC 28, 2021
Hard Rock Esports November 2023