Last Updated Aug 30, 2021, 9:44 AM
Celtics vs. Nets Predictions, Odds, Preview
Milwaukee is waiting in the wings for the winner of the Brooklyn/Boston series in the Eastern Conference semifinals.
The Nets are on the doorstep of advancing to the second round as Brooklyn has three shots to win one game to move past Boston.
Celtics vs. Nets Betting Resources
- Matchup: Eastern Conference Playoffs
- Expert Picks: Vegas Insiders
- Venue: Barclays Center
- Location: Brooklyn, New York
- Date: Tuesday, June 1, 2021
- Time: 7:35 p.m. ET
- TV: TNT
- Bet: BetMGM | BetRivers | FanDuel | bet365 | DraftKings | Best Sportsbooks
Betting Odds - Celtics vs. Nets
Subject to Change
- Spread: Nets -12
- Money-Line: Brooklyn -900, Boston +600
- Total: 231.5
James Harden and the Nets look to knock out the Celtics with a victory in Tuesday's Game 5. (AP)
Celtics vs. Nets Current Form
After Brooklyn rolled past Boston in the first two games of their series at Barclays Center, the Celtics surprised the Nets at home in Game 3 to sneak back into the series.
Jayson Tatum rebounded from a tough two games to score 50 points in a 125-119 upset as seven-point underdogs.
Marcus Smart put up 23 points for Boston, while Kemba Walker shot 0-for-7 from three-point range and scored only six points.
The Nets received plenty of points from their stars as James Harden and Kevin Durant combined for 80 points in the Game 3 loss, which also easily finished 'over' the total of 227.5.
However, Brooklyn rebounded nicely in Game 4 with a 141-126 triumph to take a 3-1 series edge. The Nets cashed as 8.5-point favorites, while Durant led the way with 42 points and Kyrie Irvingburned his old team for 39 points.
Harden posted 23 points and 18 assists, while the Nets not only hit 16-of-27 three-point attempts, but also converted 29-of-30 free throws.
Tatum carried the Celtics once again with 40 points, but Walker sat out with a knee injury and Boston doesn't have the depth to keep up with Brooklyn.
Celtics vs. Nets Head-to-Head
- May 30, 2021 - Nets 141 at Celtics 126, Brooklyn -8.5, Over 229
- May 28, 2021 - Celtics 125 vs. Nets 119, Boston +7, Over 227.5
- May 25, 2021 - Nets 130 vs. Celtics 108, Brooklyn -9, Over 228.5
- May 22, 2021 - Nets 104 vs. Celtics 93, Brooklyn -8.5, Under 233
- Apr. 23, 2021 - Nets 109 vs. Celtics 104, Brooklyn -3.5, Under 225.5
- Mar. 11, 2020 - Nets 121 vs. Celtics 109, Brooklyn -2.5, Under 232
- Dec. 25, 2020 - Nets 123 at Celtics 95, Brooklyn -3, Under 229.5
(SU-Straight Up, ATS - Against the Spread, OU - Over-Under)
Boston Celtics Betting Outlook
Inside the Stats (2020-2021)
- Overall: 38-39 SU, 34-41-1 ATS, 40-36 OU
- Road: 15-23 SU, 16-22 ATS, 20-18 OU
The Celtics fell to 1-6 SU/ATS this season against the Nets following Sunday's loss. Boston has dropped seven of its past nine road games, but the Celtics are 5-3 ATS in their last eight opportunities as an away underdog.
From a totals perspective, the C's are 5-1 to the 'under' in the last six road contests, while the 'under' is 3-4 in the seven matchups with the Nets.
Brooklyn Nets Betting Outlook
Inside the Stats (2020-2021)
- Overall: 51-25 SU, 41-35 ATS, 43-33 OU
- Home: 30-8 SU, 21-17 ATS, 21-17 OU
The Nets are riding a 9-2 SU/ATS run the last 11 games at Barclays Center, but Brooklyn owns a 4-7 ATS record this season when listed as a double-digit favorite.
In the last 13 games with a total of 230 or higher, the Nets are 9-4 to the 'under,' while going 7-3 to the 'under' in the last 10 home games in this total situation.
- PG Kemba Walker: Knee - Doubtful
- C Robert Williams III: Ankle - Doubtful
- SG Jaylen Brown: Wrist - Out
- SF Jeff Green: Foot - Out
Celtics vs. Nets Prediction
It's a foregone conclusion that the Nets will advance past the Celtics, but this is the highest amount of points that Brooklyn is laying in the series.
Brooklyn has struggled as a heavy favorite this season and even though it will be hard for Boston to overcome its injury woes, the Celtics will find a way to cover on the road.