Last Updated Mar 19, 2022, 2:26 PM
Creighton Bluejays vs. Kansas Jayhawks Picks, Predictions, Odds
Sports Betting Expert
The Creighton Bluejays (23-11) of the Big East Conference will meet the Kansas Jayhawks (29-6) of the Big 12 Conference in second-round action in the NCAA Tournament. Tip-off is scheduled for Saturday at 2:40 p.m. ET at Dickies Arena in Fort Worth, Texas, and the game can be viewed on CBS.
Kansas 76 Creighton 69
Creighton +12 (-110)
Over 139.5 (-110)
MARCH MADNESS BETTING RESOURCES
- How to Bet on March Madness
- NCAA Tournament Sleeper Teams
- NCAA Tournament Contenders to Fade
- NCAA Tournament Contenders to Back
- NCAA Tournament Most Outstanding Player Picks
- NCAA Tournament Efficiency Ratings
- Where to Bet on the NCAA Tournament?
CREIGHTON BLUEJAYS vs. KANSAS JAYHAWKS PREDICTIONS
Creighton caught fire in the Big East Tournament, going all the way to the final to narrowly lose to Villanova, 54-58. The Bluejays covered in that one, and they carried over the momentum to top San Diego State 72-69 in overtime in the first round. Creighton has now covered four straight in the postseason, but it will now face its biggest test yet against the top-seed Jayhawks.
Rock Chalk rocked Texas Southern in a 1-16 game, winning 83-56 to cover a 21.5-point number. It was 47-19 at half, and the Jayhawks coasted in the final 20 minutes, giving some reserves meaningful playing time on the big stage. This game should be significantly closer for KU. Kansas shot 49% (34-of-69) from the field, and 48% (11-of-23) from downtown. The Jayhawks weren't terribly efficient, turning it over 15 times, but they were able to mask that issue, and a 44% (4-of-9) mark from the free-throw line, by outrebounding TSU by a plus-10 margin.
CREIGHTON BLUEJAYS vs. KANSAS JAYHAWKS BETTING ODDS
CREIGHTON BLUEJAYS vs. KANSAS JAYHAWKS BETTING RESOURCES
- Date: Saturday, March 19, 2022
- Matchup: No. 9 vs. No. 1
- Region: East
- Venue: Dickies Arena
- Location: Fort Worth, Texas
- TV-Time: CBS - 2:40 p.m. ET
- Viewable Brackets & Odds
- Team Trends & NCAA Records
- March Madness History
- East Region Breakdown
- Midwest Region Breakdown
- South Region Breakdown
- West Region Breakdown
CREIGHTON BLUEJAYS BETTING ANALYSIS
Straight Up - SU, Against the Spread - ATS, Over-Under (O/U)
- SU: 23-11
- ATS: 20-14
- O/U: 12-21-1
Creighton picked up the win and cover in OT against San Diego State in the first round, and they're now 4-0 ATS in the past four games overall, while going 8-1 ATS in the past nine games as an underdog. That's impressive no matter how you slice it. In fact, the Bluejays have relished that role over the past couple of seasons, going 20-8 ATS in the past 28 games as a 'dog.
The Bluejays haven't had a ton of success against the number in the NCAA Tournament, going 3-12-1 ATS in the past 16 games in the Big Dance despite that cover against the Aztecs. They're also 1-7 ATS in the past eight as an underdog in the NCAA Tournament.
It's all UNDER all the time for the Bluejays lately, going 5-2 in the past seven games overall, while cashing in nine of the previous 13 neutral-site games. The UNDER is 4-1 in the past five NCAA Tournament games, although the OVER did hit in the OT win over San Diego State.
KANSAS JAYHAWKS BETTING ANALYSIS
Straight Up - SU, Against the Spread - ATS, Over-Under (O/U)
- SU: 29-6
- ATS: 18-16-1
- O/U: 19-16
Kansas has had its own impressive run against the number, cashing in five straight games overall. They're also 5-0 ATS in the past five games as a favorite, while going 4-0 ATS in the past four neutral-site games when favored. Kansas has covered four straight against winning teams, too.
For totals, the UNDER is 5-2 in the past seven games overall, and 5-2 in the past seven games as a favorite. The UNDER cashed against Texas Southern in the opener, but the OVER is still 6-2-1 in the past nine NCAA Tournament games for the Jayhawks. The OVER is also 10-4-1 in the past 15 neutral-site games for the 1-seed.
INSIDE THE STATS - CREIGHTON BLUEJAYS
- Record: 23-11
- PS/G: 69.1 (229th)
- PA/G: 66.0 (79th)
INSIDE THE STATS - KANSAS JAYHAWKS
- Record: 29-6
- PS/G: 78.7 (23rd)
- PA/G: 67.8 (136th)
KEY PLAYERS TO WATCH
- CRE: Ryan Hawkins - F (14.3 PPG, 7.7 RPG, 1.6 APG, 44.9 FG%, 81.5 FT%)
- CRE: Ryan Kalkbrenner - C (12.7 PPG, 7.5 RPG, 2.7 BPG, 63.4 FG%)
- KAN: Ochai Agbaji - G (19.8 PPG, 5.2 RPG, 1.7 APG, 47.7 FG%, 41.1 3P%)
- KAN: Christian Braun - G (14.9 PPG, 6.2 RPG, 2.7 APG, 1.0 SPG, 50.9 FG%)
CREIGHTON BLUEJAYS vs. KANSAS JAYHAWKS BETTING CONCLUSION
The Bluejays are going to be a tough out for the Jayhawks. Regionally, this is an important game for Creighton, facing a 1-seed from their part of the country. While they're not direct competitors, in terms of recruiting, this is the kind of game which can certainly help when trying to attract kids to come play for you. The Bluejays have done well in the Big East to be a force year in and year out, but there is a ceiling. Beating team like Kansas could really change their image, and trajectory. It's not going to happen, though. Look for Kansas to pull away in the second half for the win, while Creighton hangs on for the cover.
MARCH MADNESS PICK RESOURCES
CREIGHTON BLUEJAYS vs. KANSAS JAYHAWKS BETTING TRENDS
- Creighton is 4-0 ATS in the past four games overall.
- Creighton is 20-8 ATS in the past 28 games as an underdog.
- Creighton is 5-0 ATS in the past five neutral-site games.
- Creighton is 3-12-1 ATS in the past 16 NCAA Tournament games.
- Creighton is 1-7 ATS in the past eight NCAA Tournament games as an underdog.
- Kansas is 5-0 ATS in the past five games overall.
- Kansas is 5-0 ATS in the past five games as a favorite.
- Kansas is 4-0 ATS in the past four neutral-site games.
- The UNDER is 5-2 in the past seven games overall for Creighton.
- The UNDER is 4-1 in the past five NCAA Tournament games for Creighton.
- The UNDER is 9-4 in the past 13 neutral-site games for Creighton.
- The UNDER is 5-2 in the past seven games for Kansas.
- The UNDER is 5-2 in the past seven as a favorite for Kansas.
- The OVER is 6-2-1 in the past nine NCAA Tournament games for Kansas.
- The OVER is 10-4-1 in the past 15 neutral-site games for Kansas.