Esports Nevada | A Guide to Esports 2024
Updated on : 02/29/2024
Esports have come into the betting world and taken it by storm, so it’s time to learn about esports in Nevada. The desert state has long been a hub for legal gambling with cities like Las Vegas and Reno. Now, it is not surprising that Nevada is looking to stake its claim on a share of the esports betting marketplace.
In late 2022, the Nevada Gaming Control Board and the Nevada Gaming Commission received a study supporting the legalization of online esports betting in the state. Now, it's up to the GCB and the Gaming Commission to decide on esports betting, establish rules, and then sportsbooks will be able to offer more lines on esports events. Once that happens, you'll be ready to start betting with this guide!
- How to Sign up with Esports Sites in Nevada
- Esports Nevada Pros and Cons
- Is Betting on Esports in Nevada Safe?
- Esports Nevada Leagues and Markets
- Payment Options
- Customer Service
- Esports Nevada FAQ
- Final Thoughts on Esports in Nevada
HOW TO SIGN UP WITH ESPORTS SITES IN NEVADA
If you are going to place your online wagers on esports, you will need to know where to go and how to do it. Many of the biggest online sportsbooks are now accepting esports bets in many states. Here is a list of the steps you should follow to create your own online sportsbook account:
- Make your way to the online sportsbook operator of your choice, either the desktop site or app. Click on the button that will begin the registration process for you.
- Now, you will need to fill out the registration form. You will need to provide personal information like your name, phone number, email address, and date of birth. You may also need to provide your social security number.
- At some point during the process, you may need to enter in a promo code to redeem a welcome offer. Or, you may need to opt in to a sign up offer. Do so at the proper time if you are prompted.
- You may be asked to click on a link that will be sent to the email address that you gave during sign up. Click on this link in order to verify this new account.
- Finally, once your account has been created, you will want to fund it with your money. Find a payment method that you like and deposit some money into your account. Then, you can go and place your esports bets.
ESPORTS NEVADA PROS AND CONS
Of course, most things in life have pros and cons associated with them, and esports betting is no different. You should weigh the benefits with the detractors when looking to place any bets. Here are some of the things you will want to think about in regards to esports Nevada.
- Nevada is known for having one of the strongest and longest serving betting marketplaces around.
- Esports are different from regular sports, so you do not have to be a sports fan to get into esports betting.
- Many of the biggest online sportsbooks are now accepting esports bets.
- Esports betting is not as well established as other forms of online sports betting.
- Esports has its own set of rules that you will need to familiarize yourself with.
- Not all online sportsbooks are currently offering esports betting at this time.
IS BETTING ON ESPORTS IN NEVADA SAFE?
Of course, you may be wondering if it is safe to start betting on esports in Nevada. However, you should not be afraid to place your bets on Nevada online sportsbooks. As Nevada has legal online sports betting, the online sportsbooks are legal and regulated. Plus, they use safe and secure servers in order to keep their customers’ information protected.
ESPORTS NEVADA LEAGUES AND MARKETS
Now, if you are looking to engage in esports Nevada wagering on online sportsbooks, you will need more information. You may not know which esports leagues are listed for online esports wagering. And, you may not know the types of bets that you can place on the matches. We will dive into that information here.
There are a few esports games that have risen to the top as the most popular ones to bet on. Some of these games are Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (CS:GO), League of Legends (League), Valorant, Dota 2, and even games like Fortnite. You should check on the online sportsbook you sign up for to see which leagues are available for betting. However, you should be able to bet on these esports games in Nevada.
Esports bets can be similar to some of the sports bets you are used to placing. Some of the bets you can find include totals betting for matches, just like with sports. Plus, you can also find outright win/moneyline bets on a lot of sportsbooks for esports too.
In addition, you will find various kinds of prop bets available. These types of bets are wagers on occurrences that will happen during a match that have no bearing on the outcome of the match. You will also find more match/esport specific bets available too.
If you are planning on engaging in esports betting, obviously you are going to have to find a way to fund your account. Many of the most well established online sportsbooks around accept similar forms of payment. You should be able to find a deposit method that works well for your wallet.
Here is a list of the most common forms of payment on online sportsbooks:
- Online Banking
- PayPal (eWallet)
- Wire Transfer
- Credit Card (Visa, Mastercard)
- Debit Card (Visa, Mastercard)
- ACH Transfer (eCheck)
If you run into an issue when placing your esports Nevada bet, you are going to want help and want help now. Lucky for you, most online sportsbooks have multiple forms of customer service to address your issues. The best place to check is the help center or frequently asked questions section to see if your issue has been addressed in an article. If you need help from a direct customer service representative, that should be possible too.
Many online sportsbooks offer multiple avenues for users to talk to a problem solving customer service rep. Typically, you will find these customer service options available:
- Via phone (typically with limited hours)
- Via email (this may be a direct email address or through a form on the site)
- Via live chat (this is typically the quickest and easiest method to get help for your issues)
ESPORTS NEVADA FAQ
You have just had a lot of information thrown at you all at once. But, you may still be clamoring for more insight into esports Nevada. This frequently asked questions section should help quench your thirst for more esports betting information.
HOW LONG HAS ESPORTS BETTING BEEN AVAILABLE IN NEVADA?
Esports betting only became available in Nevada in 2022 on a limited basis, and is still in the process of being fully legalized. Some companies are attempting to get into the esports betting space soon: betting is primed to expand in the future.
WHAT ESPORTS CAN I BET ON IN NV?
Users should be able to bet on the most popular esports around, which include Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (CS:GO), League of Legends (League), Valorant, Dota 2, and Fortnite.
WHO CAN BET ON ESPORTS IN NEVADA?
Users who are eligible to create online sportsbook accounts and are 21 years old or older will be able to bet on esports. 21 years old is the legal gambling age in Nevada.
FINAL THOUGHTS ON ESPORTS IN NEVADA
Nevada will always be on the forefront of the legal betting market. So, it is definitely smart for the state to move in on the esports betting front. We're expecting Nevada to fully legalize esports betting soon, offering a ton of options once betting on your favorite esports goes live!
- ESPORTS MAR 28, 2022
Luckbox Looking to Bring Esports Betting to US & Canada
- ESPORTS MAR 17, 2022
HypeX Review February 2024
- ESPORTS JUL 9, 2021
- ESPORTS DEC 28, 2021
Rivalry Esports February 2024
- ESPORTS DEC 28, 2021
LANDuel Peer-To-Peer Esports Betting
- ESPORTS DEC 28, 2021
Hard Rock Esports February 2024